Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I honestly think he is so settled here. He is captain, loves the club, local lad, enjoying a footballers lifestyle. He is immense for us but i believe a move would highlight his limitations as a great player. Look at Harry McGuire at United, outstanding at Leicester, worth nowhere near his gigantic fee and picked to pieces so much over his mistakes he seems to have become the worst centre back in The Premier league. Flip side is of course Harry may well win a trophy before he retires while Lewis probably will not. Big fish in little pond syndrome but it suits Lewis, Brighton and supporters. I think he has made the right choice, fast becoming a genuine Brighton legend.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Captain for life now.

Happy to be to slated, but all the time he is at the heart of our defence we will not get relegated.

We are so lucky people outside of BHA don’t realise how good he is.

More fool them. Lewis would improve most of the top six defences. So glad he is staying here, certain to be a one club man and a fine leader for this team and a great example to our ever growing stock of young centre backs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
For the record I am over the moon.
I apologise for ever tweeting what my sources said, and hope that people will understand that I made an error of judgement, even though all they ever said was simply that it was ‘on the cards’. I shall refrain from doing so in the future whatever I get told as, quite frankly, it’s not worth any of the grief!
Long reign the King.

No need to apologise.

I think you were unwittingly on to the ‘Chelsea asked about Dunk’ story that obviously happened.

I think it would be a shame reputable folk such as yourself didn’t share these snippets, you passed it on verbatim so I wouldn’t worry what the haters said.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I believe there was enough smoke to suggest there was interest from Chelsea (and possibly others) for Dunk.

It’s not that hard to believe. A lot of upper table clubs looking for good PL experienced CB’s. And home grown. Perfect storm.

Some journos have confirmed there were discussions with Chelsea, but most tellingly of all is us sorting out a new contract now plus GP’s comments.

In any case absolutely delighted we keep him.

It’s an incredible reassurance as a club to know we can depend on his quality for the next 5 years. I think it’s been great for him too becoming captain, we forget how new that is to him, and what a fantastic captain and role model he’s blossoming into.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You think namedropping is a thing? You think namedropping Paul Barber is a thing?

Who did you want me to say said it? Sir Ian McKellen? 'H' from Steps? The late Keith Chegwin?

Well, this aged well... :facepalm:

No...You think namedropping is a thing....Any names today?

I will admit I was wrong... Something you have probably never done!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No...You think namedropping is a thing....Any names today?

I've no idea. Is me mentioning that we had Paul Barber on our radio show 'namedropping'? If I didn't mention his name, the whole context of the sentence would have been missing. Or should I only ever refer to him as 'Mr Deputy Chairman'? Or 'Sir'?

And you asked me to 'trust you' that Lewis Dunk was leaving. Maybe Chelsea were interested, maybe they weren't. Who cares? But 'trust you' - based on what?

I will admit I was wrong... Something you have probably never done!

Many, many times. In public, in private, on air and on here. Put it this way, we are a long way from 'probably never'.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I've no idea. Is me mentioning that we had Paul Barber on our radio show 'namedropping'? If I didn't mention his name, the whole context of the sentence would have been missing. Or should I only ever refer to him as 'Mr Deputy Chairman'? Or 'Sir'?

And you asked me to 'trust you' that Lewis Dunk was leaving. Maybe Chelsea were interested, maybe they weren't. Who cares? But 'trust you' - based on what?

Many, many times. In public, in private, on air and on here. Put it this way, we are a long way from 'probably never'.

I won't and never will reveal my sources! Unlike you, I would never namedrop! BTW Chelsea weren't the only team in London to enquire about Lewis... Believe me or not, I don't care.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not sure Zaha is quite the cult hero anymore. Palace fans I know (admittedly, not that many!) want him gone now.

I concur.
He wants out, and it’s best for all if he moves on, but there’s no bids on the table.
I can’t knock Wilf, he has given his all for the club ( last season aside) and he needs to play at a higher level than us to really prove his ability.
Zaha wants to win trophy’s, I don’t think Dunk is too bothered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here