Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Tony Bloom said in his latest interview that we have bought a lot of players but not sold many and that will change. Perhaps it’s started.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
All those talking of swap deals, I don't see too many happening in the modern game.

Also, If Chelsea are pissing around with low offers and claiming post covid prices, tell them they found the money for Werner and Havertz, they can find it for Dunk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Also, with Lallana coming in with the expectation of a mentor/leadership role, you'd have to say the 'club captain' role is covered, too. I can't think of too many other candidates that jump out, perhaps Stephens, but he's not been an automatic pick for a while. It feels like the others either haven't been here long enough or don't seem to perform as a leader. Maybe Ryan?

Good point, although I'm not sure Dale "beer and a rolly" Stephens is captain material. Ryan is, I would agree and possibly Veltman. But Lallana is the one who jumps out as obvious.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Dunk is not good enough for Chelsea. Quality player but not top four material. I'm calling the rumour horseshit

Neither are Zouma or Christensen. Tomori may be one day, but isn't yet. Rudiger is borderline.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Dunk is not good enough for Chelsea. Quality player but not top four material. I'm calling the rumour horseshit

LOL

And the current Chelsea defenders are who again?

Are an outfit who conceded exactly the same amount of goals as us last season and who have just moved to playing 3 CBs

Jul 27, 2020
Hove
He's been deserving of joining a top 6 club for some time now. I'd love to see him play Champions League football and challenge for the title next season.

I just hope we get a fair price. With his age, I'd probably take £20m plus Tomori

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
BDB is the closest. If we could get Loftus-Cheek and/or Batshuayi in the deal that would solve a few problems. And annoy Palace.

Injury Liability

You can't take the chance on someone with such a recent injury as serious as he has had in the hope there won't be a re-occurence. Too much money involved for that.

Too many Clubs make that mistake thinking '' if only we could keep him fit, he would be a great player '' - only for the injury to be a long lasting one. And to be honest. Decent player though he is. He isn't the quickest out of the blocks

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
He's been deserving of joining a top 6 club for some time now. I'd love to see him play Champions League football and challenge for the title next season.

I just hope we get a fair price. With his age, I'd probably take £20m plus Tomori

Are you having a giraffe?

We don't need Tomori and if Ake is worth 40 mill then Dunk is worth 50.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What will be will be. As long as we get our asking price (Whatever that is?), and invest it back into the squad, I'll be reasonably happy.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think it's "Jam the man" or something like that is the CKR winner who posts on here?

Anyway even if not true yet, I wouldn't be surprised if this does happen in this window. Ideally a swap (Batshuayi) plus £20m to get Dunk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Neither are Zouma or Christensen. Tomori may be one day, but isn't yet. Rudiger is borderline.

Not sure about Tomori, but spot on ref Zouma and Christensen. Watching the former pump endless long balls to no-one, or watching Christensen lose his man time and again - I can almost hear Chelsea fans' relief at the prospect of a CB who knows what he's doing. Add to that bunch Alonso, who gets caught up-field so often it's embarrassing. No wonder they conceded 54 goals in the league last season.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I would be absolutely gutted if he goes.

But I will understand and it would finally give us a chance to prove if you have to play for a big team to play for England.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Would obviously prefer to keep hold of him but I wouldn't begrudge him moving there at all. It'd be his dream move, he would have a chance of winning trophies, playing European football and forcing his way back into the England fold. If that's what he wants to do and Chelsea are willing to pay the fee, good luck to him.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Won't take long for Chelsea to turn him into an England CB I'm sure. Potentially overnight.

Absolutely gutting if true, and for the first time I think it might be.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Another point: We may need the money! I read that we're at least £35m out of pocket thanks to the repayments to Sky/BT/overseas broadcasters, plus losing all the match day revenue for the last 5 games of the season. Tony's pockets can't keep getting deeper, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here