Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Josh King

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If we did sign King I'd be a lot happier with our window, he is after all a more proven PL goalscorer than Connolly.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Apparently he had his sights set on three Champions League clubs in Italy and Spain. He will be revising that now no doubt but we would still seem to be a long way down his personal pecking order.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I like King, all power and pace, unplayable on his day. Very much reminds me of a young Marcus Bent. Doubt he would come to us to sit on our bench, Everton feels like a good fit to me.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
West Ham are keeping their purse strings very tight, they are also after defenders so this would be a shock.

Everton is more realistic but they have Tosun as back up to those two main strikers and they actually play one up top. That said, if they want him, they’ll get him.

west ham looked very good against leicester ....played like italy and were good for the win i thought , no excuses there , they won fair and square.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Has anyone else noticed that since Hughton has gone, we’re not going to be spending big money on anyone over 24?

But 24 is ancient :rolleyes:

Maybe its part of the business plan . . . . recognise the potential before players get too big/expensive . . . . we'll end up flogging a few players, but keeps us sustainable.

Although the best players are often way beyond our means @ 20!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
TalkSport make a good point - Josh King out of contract next summer, so actually they could well be forced into accepting an offer for him to preserve some value. But he was keen on a European move but all offers fell short of Bournemouths valuation. Also saying us, Fulham, Palace have some level of interest in him

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm sure Josh King or Danny Wellbeck will be expecting £100 000 per week which would probably make them the highest paid players in the club.
The club aren't going to jeopardise changing room harmony for supposed superstars rocking up in Ferrari's who aren't necessarily going to make a definite impact.

No of us know the clubs commitments but we must be close to the limit.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I'm sure Josh King or Danny Wellbeck will be expecting £100 000 per week which would probably make them the highest paid players in the club.
The club aren't going to jeopardise changing room harmony for supposed superstars rocking up in Ferrari's who aren't necessarily going to make a definite impact.

No of us know the clubs commitments but we must be close to the limit.

How can Wellbeck seriously be expecting that sort of wage now? No chance. Even Palace wouldn’t be stupid enough surely......

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I like King, all power and pace, unplayable on his day. Very much reminds me of a young Marcus Bent. Doubt he would come to us to sit on our bench, Everton feels like a good fit to me.

He prefers their bench?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How can Wellbeck seriously be expecting that sort of wage now? No chance. Even Palace wouldn’t be stupid enough surely......

Arguably one of Watford’s best players once he’d got himself fit after lock down. 2 goals from 8.

But under the current circumstances, he’d surely be lucky to get 50k per week.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Josh King clearly wants to leave, but is in a tricky situation. He wants Champions League football but will have to wait until the January window reopens. Or he can play on for Bournemouth until his contract runs out and then get a fat signing on fee for a club of his choice, albeit he'll turn 30 in 15 months' time.

However, will Bournemouth be able to afford his wages? And they can't loan him out as they'd never get him back as he's out of contract. What a mess.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Josh King clearly wants to leave, but is in a tricky situation. He wants Champions League football but will have to wait until the January window reopens. Or he can play on for Bournemouth until his contract runs out and then get a fat signing on fee for a club of his choice, albeit he'll turn 30 in 15 months' time.

However, will Bournemouth be able to afford his wages? And they can't loan him out as they'd never get him back as he's out of contract. What a mess.

we have 2 front line strikers with Andone returning in the new year, we allegedly wanted to only loan Boulaye Dia - King isnt likely to get a CL or even europa club in England now (his only options) until at least Jan. (they've already bought)
Maybe then there would be CL suitors - Muff could still sell in Jan.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for us - a Short term loan till Jan, possible with an option to buy? It gets King off Muffs wage bill, it gives him top level football which he deserves, it gives his agent a chance to work on a deal with a european competition club that starts in Jan, by when we get Andone back or we can move in the Jan window ourselves.

Bit of outside the box thinking it really could be a win, win, win for Us, King and Muff

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
we have 2 front line strikers with Andone returning in the new year, we allegedly wanted to only loan Boulaye Dia - King isnt likely to get a CL or even europa club in England now (his only options) until at least Jan. (they've already bought)
Maybe then there would be CL suitors - Muff could still sell in Jan.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for us - a Short term loan till Jan, possible with an option to buy? It gets King off Muffs wage bill, it gives him top level football whicch he deserves, it gives his agent a chance to work on a deal that starts in Jan, by when we get Andone back.

Bit of outside the box thinking it really could be a win, win, win for Us, King and Muff

On the face of it that makes sense but with a 3-month loan you need the player to hit the ground running. Where will his head be now after just missing out on his move to Man Utd in an earlier window, then getting relegated? I suspect if Albion were minded to do a deal they'd want King for the whole season, just in case Andone and Zuqiri don't work out or there's an injury to one of our other forwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here