Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Think this belongs more on here than the Ben White thread, the wonderful world of WACCOE, a land far far away, is thoroughly entertaining. Where delusions of grandeur clash with reality, but delusions must be protected at any cost.

First up is one of the biggest plantpots in the nuthouse, just about every utterance is deluded and where yesterday they were claiming they'd get Ben White for 30 million and sell to Man City soon after for 90 million, as he was their first choice and half the price German, Robin Koch clearly their second. Today on Naylor's "Not for sale" news, the reality of being jilted again by lowly Brighton is just too much to bear, what lies could one tell themselves to maintain the delusions of Grandeur?

View attachment 127448

Yep the whole exercise was just them trolling Brighton, to unsettle a player who now doesn't want to be hear and now they've achieved that they can go and buy the better Robin Koch.

Meanwhile in the land of Jim'll fixit, where No actually means Yes, BigJimsSlade launches the latest delusion that there are over 50+ pictures of players training on our website and not one of Ben White in them, seeing as the 50+ pictures are actually 22 of the U23's + 6 media pics of first teamers, the facts are obviously secondary to this latest narrative.

View attachment 127449

As the delusion takes hold, its another Leeds United blind leading the blind episode, as ever more fans wade into this new alter reality.

First up Spirit of 20, who is convinced that Not for Sale means they will get him.

View attachment 127450

Meanwhile the lack of Ben in the 50+ training photos (Shhh don't mention the U23's), is further deluding others, who now assume that becuase he's not in the U23 photos, he must be skipping training to push for the move. Another poor soul bites that he's missed training and the delusion deepens.

View attachment 127452

Along comes a hero, a Leeds user with a weird username to save the day, a rare sane person in a sea of nutters, to try and pull the deluded back into reality.

View attachment 127453

But unfortunately it doesn't last long, he's soon drowned out and Spirit of 20 having seen the latest published, "not for sale" comes back for another go.

View attachment 127454

And on and on in the same vein it continued, in a land far far away.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

WACCO(e). Such an appropriate name.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's funny how when a club's dickhead fan base is exposed the line "every club has those kind of fans" gets trotted out to reason away these **** fans.

Yet it's not actually true. Not all clubs have fan bases as utterly moronic and as high in numbers as Leeds does.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
First up Spirit of 20, who is convinced that Not for Sale means they will get him.

View attachment 127450

Christ. You know what, I actually said to my brother the "rejection" needs to happens publicly and immediately. Any delay and they will think we considered it.

Honestly I think Bloom and co. are playing along with the Leeds Board who are putting on this epic play for their deluded fans.

"Ooooh, we tried so hard lads. You should have seen us" (in David Brent voice)

We seem to have advised the journalists to use the words "still not for sale" instead of "rejected". At least that seems to be how it's been worded. Not sure why.

Sometimes wonder if we are now slightly stringing them along until the transfer window closes and they don't have anyone.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
As the delusion takes hold, its another Leeds United blind leading the blind episode, as ever more fans wade into this new alter reality.

View attachment 127450

This is by far the best.

Perhaps because we took 24 hours to reply meant that management at Leeds stood still on any other CB business for another day. Add together all 3 bids, and the time it has taken to come to the same conclusion, this whole debacle has cost them a ton of valuable recruiting time.

Leeds last played 30 days ago, and in 23 days time, they will have Mane, Firmino and Salah hurtling towards them carrying on in the same form that they finished the last season. Leeds currently have one, lets say that again, one recognized centre back in their squad. The very same fella that has previously played for Hull and Chesterfield prior to joining Leeds. He also went out on loan (shock and horror) to Huddersfield, so it is fair to say he is really ready, "experience wise" for life in the fast lane.

Superb work by BHA, completely frustrate Leeds, waste their time, leave them a huge hole to fill and do it with minimal publicity. #Heisnotforsale.

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
I am not going to speculate what Ben White wants as truth be told nobody knows.

What I do not understand is the rhetoric that he will develop better at Leeds than Brighton.

My feeling is this is all about White getting a better contract but at this stage of his career neither he or his agent hold all the cards on this one so it will be difficult. For example if he is demanding more wages than Webster you could see that being a problem given he has a year of PL football under his belt. We tend to offer rises in increments alongside the players performances as we have done with Lewis Dunk as he has made each step up. I think this will resolve itself in time as Leeds will rightly not want to spend what it would take to change Brighton’s position (given how much strengthening is required elsewhere in your squad) and eventually Brighton will find some middle ground and get a contract over the line.
I'm not one who would go along with that line.

Obviously Bielsa is a well respected coach on the World Stage and Potter, making good strides. It would make sense too suggest that Bielsa has more tools at hand but each individual is different and responds to different influences. I would suggest the point is that White would be an immediate regular in our first team whereas he needs to prove himself at Brighton, which may or may not take time. Further, it's clear given how he performed and how much we seek to trade, that he suits our style of game. That is another uncertain factor as each coach is very specific in how he wants a defence to react and work together.

I don't subscribe to the 'doing it to get a better contract' suggestion, though it could turn out to be a big factor if he does stay and re-sign for you. I think he will get somewhere around 30-40million mark at Leeds, a Kalvin Phillips level deal, which of course will influence the agent when in negotiation with BHA, as will of course being valued at 55million. You cannot have it both ways. I believe he genuinely does want to leave but has got himself, via his agent, in a pickle having extended his contract prior to the loan.

What will be will be.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
This is by far the best.

Perhaps because we took 24 hours to reply meant that management at Leeds stood still on any other CB business for another day. Add together all 3 bids, and the time it has taken to come to the same conclusion, this whole debacle has cost them a ton of valuable recruiting time.

Leeds last played 30 days ago, and in 23 days time, they will have Mane, Firmino and Salah hurtling towards them carrying on in the same form that they finished the last season. Leeds currently have one, lets say that again, one recognized centre back in their squad. The very same fella that has previously played for Hull and Chesterfield prior to joining Leeds. He also went out on loan (shock and horror) to Huddersfield, so it is fair to say he is really ready, "experience wise" for life in the fast lane.

Superb work by BHA, completely frustrate Leeds, waste their time, leave them a huge hole to fill and do it with minimal publicity. #Heisnotforsale.

This actually had me crying with laughter. :lol:

They might not even have a manager if they don't sign some new players.
And right now everyone knows they are desperate.

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
you do come across as a leeds fan who is not totally mental, but where is your evidence?

for the sake of conversation you understand
Ignoring all the 'I know for a fact' stories from those ITK, I've got no evidence at all . . . but I am a rational person.

Leeds are bidding and let's be realistic about modern day deals.

Great article on the athletic about the nonsense involved if you cna access it, if not here's a link to our site where it is copied in full (half way down this page). Makes for grim reading BUT should be read by all on your site. Modern football eh, **** it all.

https://www.waccoe.com/topic/306441...hton-silence-rodrigo-etc/?&page=1584#comments

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
you seem to be under the misunderstanding the reason to loan players is to move on unwanted ones. it may be a revelation to you that players are loaned to get first team competitve game time, build confidence and skill, toughen up, then come back a better player to parent club's first team. we'd want to keep White to play him.

Not much point commenting on my post IF you don't read it.

More worrying of course, that you read it, but couldn't comprehend it.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt. :whistle:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I'm not one who would go along with that line.

Obviously Bielsa is a well respected coach on the World Stage and Potter, making good strides. It would make sense too suggest that Bielsa has more tools at hand but each individual is different and responds to different influences. I would suggest the point is that White would be an immediate regular in our first team whereas he needs to prove himself at Brighton, which may or may not take time. Further, it's clear given how he performed and how much we seek to trade, that he suits our style of game. That is another uncertain factor as each coach is very specific in how he wants a defence to react and work together.

I don't subscribe to the 'doing it to get a better contract' suggestion, though it could turn out to be a big factor if he does stay and re-sign for you. I think he will get somewhere around 30-40million mark at Leeds, a Kalvin Phillips level deal, which of course will influence the agent when in negotiation with BHA, as will of course being valued at 55million. You cannot have it both ways. I believe he genuinely does want to leave but has got himself, via his agent, in a pickle having extended his contract prior to the loan.

What will be will be.

Kalvin Phillips makes £30-£40million a week?

He must have a bloody good agent.

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
What is it with you guys not understanding the loan system? Astonishing.

Do you realise Harry Kane was loaned out?
Ditto Beckham. And many more. Of recent years Tammy, Mason Mount, Rhian.

Do you know why they were loaned out? Not to expect offers! No no, not at all. On the contrary. These players were loaned out to further their development, get some genuine match time in a competitive league.

This is why we chose you to be the lucky ones to loan Ben from us.

You seem relatively smart, so really is quite astonishing how you can’t grasp this.

It's frustrating to receive similar comments from posters so i'll keep it short.

Read my post before you answer.

I work in education and am starting to worry about the state of the education provided on the south coast.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ignoring all the 'I know for a fact' stories from those ITK, I've got no evidence at all . . . but I am a rational person.

Leeds are bidding and let's be realistic about modern day deals.

Great article on the athletic about the nonsense involved if you cna access it, if not here's a link to our site where it is copied in full (half way down this page). Makes for grim reading BUT should be read by all on your site. Modern football eh, **** it all.

https://www.waccoe.com/topic/306441...hton-silence-rodrigo-etc/?&page=1584#comments

WACCOE can't be read unless people sign up for it such is how soft they are to keep their stupid views protected.

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
You don't understand because you don't listen.

One more time : White is in Potter's plans for next season.

There's this really hot chick up the road and I'm pretty sure she is mine for the taking.

Going to impress all and sundry when i get that ring on her finger.

Unfortunately, I'm double her age and she just isn't interested.

Your position is clear and I'm listening fine. You just don't seem to grasp that he doesn't want to be part of the plan. Sure, if you keep putting your foot down, he'll be forced to stay and do his best.

I guess if I splash some money on this wench may force her to change her tune too. She may have regrets but who cares, it's what I want that matters.

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
You are contradicting yourself here mate. THAT is the reality of it. You can play your development players in the U23s competition (note that Leeds aren't even playing in the top division at PL2 level), and then you can introduce them to the PREMIER LEAGUE after playing no competitive matches? And you think that is a sensible approach do you? It is not about the COACHING they get, obviously, it's about them getting competitive football once they are ready, to toughen them up a bit, both physically and mentally. Brighton didn't think that Newport have better coaching facilities than Brighton - but they could give White some solid game time, whilst looking after him.

You are blatantly here to troll the moment you can, because you are an utter prick on Waccoe.

You know once someone resorts to abuse, one always knows either their argument or they themselves are inferior.

There is no contradiction at all in my post and it's pretty clear you don't have a scooby. To quote you 'it's not about the coaching they get'. So, according to your well thought through philosophy, any old ****er can become a good player if they are given competitive football to toughen them up. Excellent, let's close down schools and get the kids on the street.

I'm guessing you hated school and have educated yourself through life. It's fine, there are many ways to skin a cat. Like in the education system, young players need coaching and support and then they take that onto the field and reproduce what they have learned. Some will develop favourably and will find they are no longer challenged by the level at which they are playing. It could be they are ready for first team football but, given the pressure that exists for results, their next development could equally be served by being loaned. That's why your club uses it and why LUFC will loan with a different agenda this season, to give opportunities and a more rounded experience.

Why have we only just started down this route? Because our club has been ****ed over for 16 years by lowlife owners who screwed our academy and cut costs across the board.

p.s. i generally find WUM's keep it short and simple . . . think it's in the job description.

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
WACCOE can't be read unless people sign up for it such is how soft they are to keep their stupid views protected.
Sorry about that, didn't know.

That article is well worth a read. hang on a tick. Strap in but stick with it. Here you go:

For the bigwigs of the football world, it is go-time. As spring turns to summer, the campaign comes to a close but off the field, it is open season.

In the space of twelve weeks, a hyper-ventilating global football industry exchanges billions of pounds as a coterie of chairmen, agents, footballers and their families enter a high-stakes poker bonanza to outwit one another and grasp their cut of the winnings.

MOD edit. Do not post full paywalled articles.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
blah blah blah...
You just don't seem to grasp that he doesn't want to be part of the plan.

blah blah blah

blah blah blah
I believe he genuinely does want to leave but has got himself, via his agent, in a pickle having extended his contract prior to the loan.

What will be will be.

blah blah blah

So in case the connection is not clear, re: Ben White. He wants to be at Leeds and we don't understand why you'd want to keep him. Take the money and laugh.

Thought his agent has advised him poorly . . . isn't he their only client on the books?. The situation that has arisen could see him at Brighton until the age of 26 without making that breakthrough.

blah blah blah

So back to White. ... If I were him, I'd reject all contract offers. You should get him out in such circumstances; it's not healthy for the club.

blah blah blah

If he isn't or hasn't, you'll be taking our 10million bid. In those circumstances, 25million up front plus 5million add on's, plus a 20% sell on clause doesn't look too bad.

blah blah blah

I've learned through time, you NEVER keep a player who wants to leave. Get them the **** out of my club no matter who they are . . . side over self every time is a bit of a Leeds hangover from the Revie years.

blah blah blah

Feel a bit for Ben White who has got himself in a difficult position. In any other walk of life, if you fancy a job change, whether feeling stale at your old work place or attracted to a new one, you can make the move with little hassle. Football remains a very different environment even with freedom of contract. The kid obviously wants the move and it is naive to think otherwise (Leeds would not be bidding if the club and agent hadn't agreed his contract in principle).

blah blah blah

You've made your point: over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

If you have nothing else for us, perhaps you would like to........**** off?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Why have we only just started down this route? Because our club has been ****ed over for 16 years by lowlife owners who screwed our academy and cut costs across the board.

And there in lies the problem with the outward appearance of Leeds fans.

Despite being relegated several times, went into administration and generally being rubbish for quite a few years they haven't learnt a single bit humility from it all.

Normal fans should be humbled by such an experience as it puts things into perspective and teaches them they nor their club aren't anything special.

Yet here we are in 2020 witnessing so many arrogant, deluded fans that seemed to have learned nothing from all of what has gone on.

To me that shows a complete lack of intelligence or self awareness.

Perhaps there's a higher incidence of narcissists up that way as that's the mental state they seem to project.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You've made your point: over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Yeah, but does he think that Ben White wants to leave or not?

I think if he tells us 10 times then we'll all start to think the same.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Seven posts from him between 3am and 5am on another team’s forum. Trolling pure & simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here