Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You think Bloom would have said no if Leeds offered him £100,000,000?

No, of course not. Every footballer on the planet has their price. The Leeds owners could have really tested Blooms resolve. They didn’t. Their fans are allowed to be annoyed or upset that they didn’t get back a popular loan player. The whinging victim complex on this forum is f*cking hysterical at times.

Only victims on this thread are Leeds fans. Could be challenging Liverpool soon in the whining stakes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No club would go to that. The most ever paid for a Championship (only) defender is, ironically, by us for Adam Webster. About £20m.

But that's money going in the other direction.
That's now the price set for 'championship player of the year', when being poached by a Premier League big club.

The Albion clearly believe an extra £5m, £5.5m and £5.75m on top of the £20m baseline figure isn't enough to open up a conversation.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So if one of those offers had matched our estimate of his worth after factoring in the fact it would strengthen a rival then he would have been for sale and would have been sold.

I get people taking the piss out of Leeds fans who are being offensive or have ideas above their station, but this bloke has said he wishes they’d stumped up the cash for White. He hasn’t even named a price ffs. When people are trawling through Twitter to try and point score over some random bloke basically saying “White was good, I wish we’d signed him” then it’s a tad sad, each to their own though. In fact there are dozens of worse comments on here and by Brighton fans on twitter most weeks. Victim complex.

:shrug:

But most of us aren’t trawling Twitter to score points off those kind of posters.

It’s more the “ Brighton bum boys are still holding Ben White hostage, small club , small mentality, why don’t they let him come to Elland Road where he really wants to be,and play for the best manager in the World who made him what he is,and we’ll tell them we’ll give them only about 50% of his potential value.”

There were dozens of these type of posts, far more than your example of “ Oh, I wished we signed Ben White”

A lot of Leeds fans are a special kind of fan , arrogant, superior and yet paranoid, delusions of grandeur, and a belief that their club is one of the top six in the land , but, have only a brief period of history, compared to the real big clubs, where they actually have been.
It flies in the face of facts, and you say we have a victim complex.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All I can find via the Urban Dictionary is the following;

mullicking
It's an inaction verb. To stand in such close proximity that the person is unable of function.
Brian couldn't work because I was mullicking him

You learn something new every day.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
But most of us aren’t trawling Twitter to score points off those kind of posters.

It’s more the “ Brighton bum boys are still holding Ben White hostage, small club , small mentality, why don’t they let him come to Elland Road where he really wants to be,and play for the best manager in the World who made him what he is,and we’ll tell them we’ll give them only about 50% of his potential value.”

There were dozens of these type of posts, far more than your example of “ Oh, I wished we signed Ben White”

A lot of Leeds fans are a special kind of fan , arrogant, superior and yet paranoid, delusions of grandeur, and a belief that their club is one of the top six in the land , but, have only a brief period of history, compared to the real big clubs, where they actually have been.
It flies in the face of facts, and you say we have a victim complex.

I’d actually agree with this post entirely if it wasn’t for the fact that post I replied to literally featured a tweet of a Leeds fan saying White played well and they wished they had signed him, although worded slightly differently.

Each to their own though. :shrug:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sure, if a ludicrous record breaking bid like £100m came in that would be a very different situation.

But.. that’s not realistic is it?

And actually I do believe Tony Bloom when he said he wouldn’t sell to a rival. If we’d accepted a £50m bid from you, I suspect that would have led to a bigger club matching it (Chelsea, Pool, Utd, whoever). Ben White was never going to Leeds. I am realistic to expect if he keeps playing to this level he will end up at a bigger club. But not Leeds.

I beg you’re pardon?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
20DC5647-ABF7-4FE3-8CD2-52C618ED5566.jpeg

8E6CD9AD-4286-4E98-B4D9-F3D33A82690C.jpeg

C7E544B5-DAFD-4669-B85C-7422C81533D5.jpeg

311422B9-E602-4DE7-B277-DF92C61148BA.jpeg

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
"Should be a guaranteed 6 points a season". Brilliant - have they not looked at the recent record between us, we've won 8 of the last 10 against them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So if one of those offers had matched our estimate of his worth after factoring in the fact it would strengthen a rival then he would have been for sale and would have been sold.

I get people taking the piss out of Leeds fans who are being offensive or have ideas above their station, but this bloke has said he wishes they’d stumped up the cash for White. He hasn’t even named a price ffs. When people are trawling through Twitter to try and point score over some random bloke basically saying “White was good, I wish we’d signed him” then it’s a tad sad, each to their own though. In fact there are dozens of worse comments on here and by Brighton fans on twitter most weeks. Victim complex.

:shrug:

I agree.

As a sucker for mocking rivals myself, in the cold light of day, rather than worry about other clubs, and indeed shit the bed every time Brighton fail to win at home, I'm now trying to be phlegmatic and just enjoy the ride, in the hope (and with some confidence) that the club is being run by smart people who care about what they are doing. I realise that this is not what football is all about for many (going ****ing mental and dining out for days when we get one over a rival, the failure of others being even sweeter than our own success, etc.) but, each to his own.

As an aside, scapgoating our own players and manager every time we don't win is the epitome of tinpottery as far as I'm concerned. Potter in, tinpotters OUT!!!

Of course it is much easier to be sanguine, snooty, paotonising, smug even, the day after the Albion have dished out another masterclass :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Have Dirty Leeds moved on from being a Manchester United feeder club, to being Brighton and Hove Albions bitches?

8 defeats in the last 10 meetings.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Agree entirely. Some people don't deserve a global mouthpiece.

The problem though is the person, who isn't a kid but an adult, will believe there's nothing wrong with what they posted. There's no eureka moment, they will just sign up again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here