Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton’s Loan Army 2020/21

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Molumby and Roberts still benched today. Not going well for either of them at the moment. Feel particularly for Molumby after his excellent season at Millwall - he must feel as if he's going backwards.

Max Sanders (yes, I know he's not ours any more, but still following his progress) nit even in the squad at Lincoln.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Another clean sheet for Ostigaard. Anyone know his contract situation? Says end of this season but can’t believe we’d let him go out on loan without an option to extend and with him as a free agent at the end of it.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Molumby and Roberts still benched today. Not going well for either of them at the moment. Feel particularly for Molumby after his excellent season at Millwall - he must feel as if he's going backwards.

Max Sanders (yes, I know he's not ours any more, but still following his progress) nit even in the squad at Lincoln.

Sanders out injured today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Another clean sheet for Ostigaard. Anyone know his contract situation? Says end of this season but can’t believe we’d let him go out on loan without an option to extend and with him as a free agent at the end of it.

I think someone posted (maybe a few pages back on this thread?) that we had an option for another year. O may have imagined it though ................

Can't believe we'd just let him walk away for nothing - that would completely negate the idea of the academy making a profit, or at least paying for itself.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
I think someone posted (maybe a few pages back on this thread?) that we had an option for another year. O may have imagined it though ................

Can't believe we'd just let him walk away for nothing - that would completely negate the idea of the academy making a profit, or at least paying for itself.

Yup, got an option. Confirmed by the Athletic.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a good day for our loan army today - only O'Hora got to play a full game, and Longman and Richards came on as subs. All the rest benched or not in the squad.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not a good day for our loan army today - only O'Hora got to play a full game, and Longman and Richards came on as subs. All the rest benched or not in the squad.

Van Hecke played 90min for Heerenveen... they lost against a bottom team with 3-1 though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Van Hecke played 90min for Heerenveen... they lost against a bottom team with 3-1 though.

Love the Eredivisie, I've followed lowly Groningen's results ever since l saw them at the old Dean court in a pre-season friendly with John Bond's old Bournemouth side in the very early 1970's. I remember the prolific Ted McDougal scoring a hat trick for the home team.

In fact Danny Holla started his career with them, and is now ending it in Malta it would appear.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Hopefully we have a decent sell on clause for both!

This was said on Chelsea forums regarding Lamptey. No evidence such a clause exists and no reason to think it would be a part of any of the deals to sell our players. There is no good reason for a buying club to accept it and if a young player wants to go to a lower level to get game time I think it unlikely the Albion would stand in their way.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
This was said on Chelsea forums regarding Lamptey. No evidence such a clause exists and no reason to think it would be a part of any of the deals to sell our players. There is no good reason for a buying club to accept it and if a young player wants to go to a lower level to get game time I think it unlikely the Albion would stand in their way.

There are many reasons why a buying club would accept it. Sell on clauses are very common in the lower leagues.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Love the Eredivisie, I've followed lowly Groningen's results ever since l saw them at the old Dean court in a pre-season friendly with John Bond's old Bournemouth side in the very early 1970's. I remember the prolific Ted McDougal scoring a hat trick for the home team.

In fact Danny Holla started his career with them, and is now ending it in Malta it would appear.

Its a fantastic league, very entertaining and in many of the teams you'll find players that at one point will play in one of the best leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here