Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton’s Loan Army 2020/21

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Not much point keeping him if MK Dons made us a good offer, seeing as we are so well stocked at CB. Ostigard, Roberts, Clarke and van Hecke are all out on loan and would be ahead of him in the pecking order. And that doesn't even take into account our 1st team and U23 cb's.

Not all academy players are going to make the first team - in fact a lot of the youngest ones may nit even ultimately have a career as a professional footballer. The ones in between, like O'Hora, will be passed on to lower ranked clubs - providing they generate enough revenue from the transfer fees, then that's the sustainability model for the academy.

I don't disagree and I absolutely see the logic of it, generates a fee for the academy as well. It just strikes me as being a change of policy - maybe the Covid shortfalls will start being made up with trying to sell on youngsters rather than keep farming them out on loan deals. Or it might just be as simple as MK have a bit of cash to spend (I can't imagine it's too much though!) and we took the opportunity without intending to set a precedent.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I don't disagree and I absolutely see the logic of it, generates a fee for the academy as well. It just strikes me as being a change of policy - maybe the Covid shortfalls will start being made up with trying to sell on youngsters rather than keep farming them out on loan deals. Or it might just be as simple as MK have a bit of cash to spend (I can't imagine it's too much though!) and we took the opportunity without intending to set a precedent.

I get the feeling Alex Cochrane will be next. We also did the same with George Cox, who is now getting interest from Championship clubs, so hopefully we have a sell-on clause there.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Richards vs Roberts tonight (Doncaster vs Rochdale), Ostigard and Gyokeres starting together for Coventry and Matt Clarke playing left of a back three for Derby (Burn needs left footed competition asap in my opinion).

Also I noted Whoscored had (before their last match) Matt Clarke as their second best centre back of the Championship this season so far which is very impressive given Derby's lack of points this season

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Molumby MoTM by many Preston supporters tonight with a great driving run (half the pitch with the ball) for his assist. Worth checking out.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Molumby MoTM by many Preston supporters tonight with a great driving run (half the pitch with the ball) for his assist. Worth checking out.

Great work for the Preston goal. Drove forward from half way to lay it on a plate for the striker.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Nice video focussing on Clarke. Very efficient. Should be playing instead of Burn imho.
[video]https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/01/player-spotlight-matt-clarke-vs-afc-bournemouth[/video]

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I know a lot gets made of how many centre backs we have on the books, I also think we have a lot of centre midfielders as well, but a thought recently occurred to me as to why we have so many.

Obviously there's a plan behind it and we can speculate all we like as to what that is. But while watching the Netflix documentary 'Sunderland Till I Die' it really illustrates how difficult signing players can be. In particular they found themselves absolutely desperate to fill the gap of an outgoing player and ended up being held to ransom by other clubs and panic buying a player, paying well over his actual value. It really illustrated how a club can put themselves in a precarious position by not being organised.

I'm starting to think that the plethora of Centre back and Centre Midfielders we have, is because its preferable to have players on the books and ship them out on loan, rather than being short of quality in key positions and being held to ransom when trying to bring players in. Lets face it, nobody can hold us to ransom over players in those positions, because if we decide to say 'no thanks', then we're not going to be left short of players.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Nice video focussing on Clarke. Very efficient. Should be playing instead of Burn imho.
[video]https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/01/player-spotlight-matt-clarke-vs-afc-bournemouth[/video]

Potter clearly likes a left footer on the left of the back 3. Hayden Roberts might prove the best long term option.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Very harsh on Dan Burn.

Big step up from the Championship, look how long it’s taken Webster (who is now looking brilliant). Matt’s time will come.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This is an interesting Tweet that the Celtic fans are sharing in their shock at how bad and costly Shane Duffy has been for them.

But the most shocking thing is the cost of Jurgen Locadia in comparison to the other players listed.

[TWEET]1355543851285544961[/TWEET]

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
This is an interesting Tweet that the Celtic fans are sharing in their shock at how bad and costly Shane Duffy has been for them.

But the most shocking thing is the cost of Jurgen Locadia in comparison to the other players listed.

[TWEET]1355543851285544961[/TWEET]

And people want us to take another punt on a striker!

Terrible signing

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Clarke leads the Derby defense to another clean sheet whilst the Coca Cola kid gives them the winner.

This left footed star could find his way back into our squad next season, the left side of our back 3 does not look as the right side with our current options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here