Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Clive Tyldesley

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm surprised Clive hasn't been replaced with a woman, but then I suppose ITV isn't the BBC.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, he was awful. Never got the fawning over him.

It came at the very end of Moore’s career, as nostalgia kicked in.

In the 70’s and 80’s I remember mates, kids at school and family hating the commentaries of Moore, Barry Davies (posh boy with his cringeworthy one liners) and Motson (childish and boring facts). Benchmarked against the superior Coleman and Wolstenholme.

As they became very elderly statesman, and people realised the next wave were often shite, widespread bitching was quietly buried under the carpet.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Ian Darke is another commentator I rate, even if he seems to be moved from boxing to football like the weather.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
David Coleman's "Goals pay the rent, and Keegan does his share" was always a favourite commentators line of mine, even though he'd probably written it a week earlier.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
David Coleman's "Goals pay the rent, and Keegan does his share" was always a favourite commentators line of mine, even though he'd probably written it a week earlier.

A ridiculously banal and inappropriate piece of commentary for the opening goal in an FA Cup final, I thought. But maybe he'd been told to vary his boringly predictable 'WONN-nil".. Coleman was okay on athletics but poor at football. A matter of opinion, I know, but Brian Moore was colourful and produced more memorable moments. "Ooh, Charlie George, who can hit 'em ..." just before he smacked the winning goal at Wembley in 1971.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A ridiculously banal and inappropriate piece of commentary for the opening goal in an FA Cup final, I thought. But maybe he'd been told to vary his boringly predictable 'WONN-nil".. Coleman was okay on athletics but poor at football. A matter of opinion, I know, but Brian Moore was colourful and produced more memorable moments. "Ooh, Charlie George, who can hit 'em ..." just before he smacked the winning goal at Wembley in 1971.

I never realised how partisan people can get over commentators. I like pretty much all of them. Have my favourites, Barry Davies probably my all time one, but can’t ever remember thinking oh Christ, not going to watch or listen to that because x or y is doing it. Except women. I draw the line at women. Obviously.

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
I never realised how partisan people can get over commentators. I like pretty much all of them. Have my favourites, Barry Davies probably my all time one, but can’t ever remember thinking oh Christ, not going to watch or listen to that because x or y is doing it. Except women. I draw the line at women. Obviously.

At present you can push a button for different outcomes, i await one when a women is chatting about our game, at present i turn the sound off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here