Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 14-17/07/20

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Muff get any result at City they probably deserve to stay up

Out of Watford, Villa and them I think they are the most likely to hit form and they have the most astute manager of the three too imo. No idea why but I have the feeling that they will survive. I don’t want them to though :smile:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Out of Watford, Villa and them I think they are the most likely to hit form and they have the most astute manager of the three too imo. No idea why but I have the feeling that they will survive. I don’t want them to though :smile:

Perhaps you consider B’Muff a lucky side with a lucky Manager? I know I do.

They are playing horrifically. To win a match, they need to either play us (where they generally score with every shot for some unknown ****ing reason that’s beyond me) or they need the opposition to gift them the match like what happened when they faced Schmeichel’s Leicester.

I can only see one team giving them a chance of victory, that’s Everton. The most they could possibly get out of in-form Man City & Southampton is a point. So, 35 is their best finish (and that’s being generous).

They are toast......

What will make me howl with laughter on Friday is the fact that West Ham & Watford will play out a draw. They both know that 35 points will be too much for B’Muff and probably Villa.

I will then look forward to the interview with Smug Eddie about those two teams playing out a seemingly pre-planned draw (and how that has led to B’Muff’s relegation) that will be absolute gold!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What will make me howl with laughter on Friday is the fact that West Ham & Watford will play out a draw. They both know that 35 points will be too much for B’Muff and probably Villa.

I will then look forward to the interview with Smug Eddie about those two teams playing out a seemingly pre-planned draw (and how that has led to B’Muff’s relegation) that will be absolute gold!

I would love it, bloody love it if this happens.

And it just might. Delicious.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
City expected to rotate in readiness for Arsenal at the weekend. Sterling and DeBruyne to drop to the bench. Why the hell am I thinking Bournemouth could spring a surprise here. Madness, they’ll get thumped won’t they????

I would not rely on that Arsenal team for anything. That’s for sure.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

I know a few Villa fans and they are desperate for Watford to win. They see a clear vision where Villa beat Everton tomorrow. West Ham then lose again against ManU next week to set up an all or nothing shoot out on the final day which Villa win of course. Oh and Villa can also beat Arsenal next week meaning they only need a draw against West Ham.

It's the hope that kills you!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Looking at the fixtures theoretically we have 3 ‘mid table’ teams people always say these teams are the best teams to have at the end of the season.... but Southampton seem super motivated still from what I’ve seen and Burnley never just roll over. Newcastle I fancy as a game we’ll get a win from.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think part of me wants Villa and/or Bournemouth to escape this year, because I find it easier to see Watford and West Ham kicking on and being stronger next season, whereas I find it more likely that Villa and Bournemouth would be struggling again next year, and the more teams struggling the better. Though, having said that football is crazy and it could easily be a case that Bournemouth/Villa make the changes to become much stronger if they stay up, and Watford and West Ham struggle next year because they don't improve enough. So I don't really know what to think...

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I'm quite nervous about tonight's result, given the Leicester debacle a couple of days ago - no one saw that coming. It won't help being at work with a Bournemouth STH!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm quite nervous about tonight's result, given the Leicester debacle a couple of days ago - no one saw that coming. It won't help being at work with a Bournemouth STH!

Ha - I opened this thread to post something pretty similar.

On the dog walk this morning I found myself thinking "Bournemouth will be feeling confident now. Wilson and King are a decent pair of strikers. City will have their eye on the Cup semi-final at the weekend." and the like.

For some reason I wasn't quickly recalling the way City destroyed us last week.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looking at the fixtures theoretically we have 3 ‘mid table’ teams people always say these teams are the best teams to have at the end of the season.... but Southampton seem super motivated still from what I’ve seen and Burnley never just roll over. Newcastle I fancy as a game we’ll get a win from.

This is my "since the restart" table. Not sure much jumps out as being in stark contrast to the league table, other than Leicester and Palace's dreadful showings.

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 11.25.27.png

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Really hope City wins with 2+ goals tonight as it would enable me to pay my rent... my poor nerves.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Really hope City wins with 2+ goals tonight as it would enable me to pay my rent... my poor nerves.

That's a pretty good bet I reckon despite the usual panicky posts on here. The bookies don't think Brighton are in any real danger.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I defy any of you, hand on heart, to tell me that you are feeling confident that City are going to give Muff a footballing lesson and win at a canter. They should.....but...

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
FFS Pep- bournmuff will win tonight looking at that line up mark my words. No sterling and De Breyne. 2 shithouse centre half’s

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Newcastle have a number of further key injuries - no Lascelles, Hayden nor Sean Longstaffe tonight.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here