Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm sure it is just a figure of speech, but the chances aren't that we will go into that one under pressure.

if you want to place a bet on BMuff/Villa/Southampton you can get on for at least 120/1. Even just going for Muff/Saints is about 32/1.

Anyone of those 3 results doesn't come in and we are under less pressure.

or you can look it at another way.

Double .... Saints and Villa = 6/1

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
or you can look it at another way.

Double .... Saints and Villa = 6/1

Which bookie are you using? 7/1 on mansion, suspect you can get a lot better

either way if that's your idea of odds on.....lump on!.

even though I am going to stick a fiver on Bournemouth at 14/1

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
For those whose sheets are starting to dampen, you just need to remind yourself that 3 of the 4 teams below us (not counting Norwich in this) need to overtake us.

Yes they all won in the last round to keep things mathematically alive for a while longer, but that won't happen again. Especially as there are:
1) Games between them coming up.
2) Major stretches of probability involved, such as PLB winning at Man City.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
not both those scenarios , only 1 . Which I think will happen.

It's just down to whether we get more points for me.

Newcastle home looks the best chance. Chances are we could go into that game under a fair bit of pressure though.

Big week

It's not that simple though - you're ignoring Watford for example who I think are far from out of it, with West Ham, City and Arsenal left to play. Very possible they'll get no more points.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
For those whose sheets are starting to dampen, you just need to remind yourself that 3 of the 4 teams below us (not counting Norwich in this) need to overtake us.

Yes they all won in the last round to keep things mathematically alive for a while longer, but that won't happen again. Especially as there are:
1) Games between them coming up.
2) Major stretches of probability involved, such as PLB winning at Man City.

Just imagine what this place will be like when the 120/1 treble of Saints/Muff/Villa comes in!!!

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Yeah Watford have more right to look at the goals shipped by Leicester with horror. than we do.
The team that takes less of a tonking from City stand the best chance of staying up.

Plucky might get lucky with City resting players before the Semi.

I'll gladly take a 1-0 City win right now. But the way Plucky's luck has been running, anything is possible. On the one hand, their victory against Leicester was entirely down to Schmeichel, but on the other, they will have a surge of confidence, however unwarranted.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'll gladly take a 1-0 City win right now. But the way Plucky's luck has been running, anything is possible. On the one hand, their victory against Leicester was entirely down to Schmeichel, but on the other, they will have a surge of confidence, however unwarranted.

Tbh anything other than a City loss and I think we're safe.
I'm putting an insurance bet on Plucky to make sure.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I think we're going to be fine. But I thought Leicester's implosion at Bournemouth was inexplicable. You could tell Brendan Rogers thought the same.

So we can't rule out some very bizarre results as we head to the end of this season. Some teams are clearly shot, physically and mentally, and are wading through treacle towards the end of the season. IMO, that factor is definitely worse this year due to playing BCD. Time to be mentally STRONG.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please can this thread die by Friday midnight :smile:

I will be revelling in all the “told you so bedwetters” posts

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Burnley & Newcastle are reporting a host of injuries today. Mainstays like Mee, Barnes, Cork; Lascelles, Hayden & Longstaff will struggle to make our matches with them.

That’s 6 points for me. We’ll finish on the same points as Palace then do them on GD!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Please can this thread die by Friday midnight :smile:

I will be revelling in all the “told you so bedwetters” posts

The thing about bedwetters, is that they actually don't mind having their faces rubbed in it. Metaphorically of course.

Yes, they were panicking, but once we are safe they don't care. It's probably for the best that we have a mix of optimistic folk, realists and pessimists. I happen to think the other teams are not going to get what they need to overhaul us, but I'm not immune to a little bit of worry, glancing over my shoulder.

Definitely going to dust off the betting app and put a bit on that 120/1 shot though! That will all but guarantee it for us.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Burnley & Newcastle are reporting a host of injuries today. Mainstays like Mee, Barnes, Cork; Lascelles, Hayden & Longstaff will struggle to make our matches with them.

That’s 6 points for me. We’ll finish on the same points as Palace then do them on GD!

Are Newcastle also having to travel down and back on the same day?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Using the fishy predictor and giving the bottom sides 100% wins, along with various results for West Ham v Watford and Villa v West Ham, suggests that in the doomsday set of results we need 3 more points, maybe 1 point with the right combinations.

Victory for Man City v Bournemouth really helps us and makes 1 point needed much more likely than 3.

Similarly, Man City beating Watford and Man Utd beating West Ham will be very valuable results for us.

Too many permutations to list, but for now to breathe a little easier we need Man City to beat Bournemouth tomorrow.

without going into all the whys and wherefores, in West Ham v Watford game that obvs draw is best as it keeps both below, but if to pick one winner.... whom? Watford winning makes it more likely West Ham may need a result in the final game vs Villa rather than be on the beach already. Whereas Watford (whose next game is at home to Man City) would jump us by a point if we fluff our lines at St Marys and against Newcastle.

I think we'll be ok, Villa will either lose one or wont get the 2 wins + 1 draw minimum they need if we lost all three. Muff would need to win both their final 2 (assuming city beat them and we lose all 3).

Hopefully normal service will be resumed tomorrow and Muff will get hammered, but wouldn't surprise for smug Eddie to pull off some kind of freak fluke result.......... and the bed wetting here will be off the charts if we also lose at Stains!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Whatever Watford get at West Ham is their final points tally for me. I’d be surprised if they beat West Ham so I’m going with them finishing below us. It’s then whether Villa or Bournemouth can get 36/37pts.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Whatever Watford get at West Ham is their final points tally for me. I’d be surprised if they beat West Ham so I’m going with them finishing below us. It’s then whether Villa or Bournemouth can get 36/37pts.

with the GD advantage over Villa and muff, (as long as we dont get hammered in final 3), one point will still be enough imho. Villa wont win 3 (2 and a draw is probably not enough with GD advantage) and with Man City away next, even 6 points in final 2 for muff would see them below us on GD if we lose 2 draw 1.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Steady on...........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here