Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is your Albion mojo as the season draws to an end

Where is your Albion mojo?

• Total voters

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
8 for me - really enjoyed the performances post lockdown except the Man Utd first half. Really excited for next season and also for the transfer market. We can really achieve something special here!

Likewise. Really impressed at how Potter and team got the squad in such good shape (physically and mentally) for post-lockdown and have enjoyed the games much more than I expected. Just hope we can have some kind of near-normal start to next season. Optimistic that we won't be in a post-Christmas relegation squabble next season, but looking upwards (and, finally, downwards to the ***** up the road)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Safe from Premier relegation earlier.

Expansive Young coach.

Playing better football.

Team getting significantly younger.

Youngsters performing well on loan in good quality leagues.

I'd give it an 8 (get ahead of Palace and it'll be a 9).

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Like most, my mojo is high. Unlike some, I'm not too bothered if we stay in the PL or drop back to the championship, bit I do want entertaining football (and obviously winning is nice).

I think we have a great club, great squad and some really entertaining players (especially Lamptey) and tight now is a great time to be an Albion fan.

An instinctive striker and maybe a couple of other changes would get my mojo higher but it is already high.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
8 for me - really enjoyed the performances post lockdown except the Man Utd first half. Really excited for next season and also for the transfer market. We can really achieve something special here!

Sort of agree, but would add the first 10 minutes last night too the 'except the Man. U. first half' bit.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

It'll be 9 if Bournemouth and Villa lose today.

That is exactly where I am. Think we've done really well since restart. Potter has shown he can adapt tactics to a less possession based game.

We also have some exciting young players in the squad at the moment, who are developing well, and on loan at the moment showing promise. Potter is a coach who can get the best out of them. And hopefully we'll also be able to attract more exciting young players like Lamptey as a result.

Overall, if we can get a couple of decent results between now and the end of the season and confirm we've stayed up, I can see next season being better. Hopefully, we will improve and not be so close to the bottom three next season

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In fact, I've just read my post back, and has there ever been a better time to be an Albion fan ?

I know I'm old, but I never remember feeling this positive the last time we were in the top division. Those of you who have voted under 7 should be ashamed of yourselves :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In fact, I've just read my post back, and has there ever been a better time to be an Albion fan ?

I know I'm old, but I never remember feeling this positive the last time we were in the top division. Those of you who have voted under 7 should be ashamed of yourselves :wink:

Me too, as I said on another thread, do some appreciate that these are halcyon days and the way the club is run is the envy of many sizeable clubs. We have never been so well placed....EVER

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nope, sorry you’ve lost me.

He lost me too. What an odd comment.

I'm an 8 with you. I think the future is bright and Potter's shown what a good coach and motivator he is, using the break and the new rules completely to our advantage. Two silly errors early on yesterday but otherwise played brilliant football and scored a great goal. There will be plenty of teams who can't live with that.

I've also enjoyed the summer tournament vibe of lockdown football. Admittedly if I'd have been able to be at the Arsenal and Norwich games myself I'd be more like a 9 or 10 but still, I've essentially replaced sitting on the sofa with a beer watching international football with sitting on the sofa with a beer watching us.

I'm amazed any Albion fan would think differently. Maybe that's it :shrug:

Edit - credit to [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] for making this public. Interesting that [MENTION=37778]Albion Prem[/MENTION] has commented but not voted

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He lost me too. What an odd comment.

I'm an 8 with you. I think the future is bright and Potter's shown what a good coach and motivator he is, using the break and the new rules completely to our advantage. Two silly errors early on yesterday but otherwise played brilliant football and scored a great goal. There will be plenty of teams who can't live with that.

I've also enjoyed the summer tournament vibe of lockdown football. Admittedly if I'd have been able to be at the Arsenal and Norwich games myself I'd be more like a 9 or 10 but still, I've essentially replaced sitting on the sofa with a beer watching international football with sitting on the sofa with a beer watching us.

I'm amazed any Albion fan would think differently. Maybe that's it :shrug:

Edit - credit to [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] for making this public. Interesting that [MENTION=37778]Albion Prem[/MENTION] has commented but not voted

Check out [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] mojo, he’s back on board :thumbsup:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Premier League status (as good as) secured combined with a better style of football ...

news-graphics-2007-_654710a.jpg

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Still thinking top ten is a big ask for next season, although by no means impossible. Sticking with the motif of steady, incremental progress, my target for next year is mid table security all season long.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm very horny.

I've enjoyed (football wise) living in Graham Potter's Football Manager save since late 2017 and see very little reason why it wouldnt continue in the same spectacularly exciting way.

I've heard the top 10 ambition but I dont think that's the one Bloom & Potter are talking about when they are having a post-win whisky at the office. Its a unique manager in a unique club and I think they can achieve unique things - a bit of a Wengerian level revolution that could change the general profile of managers and how you run football clubs.

One step at a time though...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm very horny.

I've enjoyed (football wise) living in Graham Potter's Football Manager save since late 2017 and see very little reason why it wouldnt continue in the same spectacularly exciting way.

I've heard the top 10 ambition but I dont think that's the one Bloom & Potter are talking about when they are having a post-win whisky at the office. Its a unique manager in a unique club and I think they can achieve unique things - a bit of a Wengerian level revolution that could change the general profile of managers and how you run football clubs.

One step at a time though...

Careful, before you know it you’ll be an Albion fan. As a point of interest have you lost interest in Swansea?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The moment we started First Division football in August 79 with Brighton 0-4 Arsenal, I lost a lot of interest. I’d been spoilt by ‘signing up’ in Jan 76, and seeing 3.5 seasons of almost relentless home wins under Taylor and Mullery. Promotion also coincided with the teenage years of gigs, music, mates, later pubs and clubs.

The Potter project has the makings of a more positive footballing outcome.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Careful, before you know it you’ll be an Albion fan. As a point of interest have you lost interest in Swansea?

I watch most of their games but pretty much without any emotions. I still like some of the players I got to "know" last year though and I still think they are a cute club from Wales.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I watch most of their games but pretty much without any emotions. I still like some of the players I got to "know" last year though and I still think they are a cute club from Wales.

I’ve always liked The Swans, all the way back to John Toshack, Cally, Boersma in 1978. Often a fly in the ointment of overrated Cardiff. Much later playing beautiful football under Brendan Rodgers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here