Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Good luck to Oxford United tonight...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fleetwood (4-1 down after the first leg) have it back to 5-3 on aggregate now with about 25 mins left. Interesting, if not quite edge-of-your-seats stuff yet. Akinfenwa is still lumbering around up front. Imagine him being a Championship player next season :lol: (not that I'd be prepared to say that to his face).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cardboard cut-out of the late Paul McCarthy in the Wycombe "crowd" tonight. Nice touch.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Fleetwood (4-1 down after the first leg) have it back to 5-3 on aggregate now with about 25 mins left. Interesting, if not quite edge-of-your-seats stuff yet. Akinfenwa is still lumbering around up front. Imagine him being a Championship player next season :lol: (not that I'd be prepared to say that to his face).

I was just thinking the same thing. Would be pure comedy to see him in the Championship.

Also, I'm starting to think Gareth Ainsworth is moonlighting as lead guitarist in a rock band.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
pompey.jpg
Southampton fans (and Matt le Tiss) giving them pelters on twitter.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Great times. Wycombe v Oxford United to decide who finishes bottom of next season's Championship! Quite pleased to see this actually: it's good to see two teams other than the usual yoyo sides (Barnsley, Charlton, Rotherham) or fallen big clubs (Sunderland, Ipswich, Lower League Pompey) getting a go. Shame for them it'll be at an empty Wembley.

Come on the Chairboys (Oxford have Karl Robinson and Ched Evans).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Great times. Wycombe v Oxford United to decide who finishes bottom of next season's Championship! Quite pleased to see this actually: it's good to see two teams other than the usual yoyo sides (Barnsley, Charlton, Rotherham) or fallen big clubs (Sunderland, Ipswich, Lower League Pompey) getting a go. Shame for them it'll be at an empty Wembley.

Ched Evans plays for Fleetwood...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Did you ever go in the Bistro, colloquial known as Beasties?

So rough it made Joannas seem like the Ritz.

Didn’t Harry Redknapp own the building after Joannas shut down?

And wasn’t there a , shall we say, very dubious fire there, that destroyed a listed building.Allegedly.
I’m sure Honest Happy Harry had nothing to do with that.

Can’t say I did ( it doesn’t ring any bells) but I did very occasionally frequent the mighty fine but always early in the evening.
Jo spanner’s was just such a great night out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Can I ask, why did you end up working for them all?
Rates of pay kept changing.
Stopped me getting bored.
Kept getting approached by different clubs.
Didn’t like the way some of the door crews operated.
Didn’t like what the (ever changing) management expected from their doormen.
It was always about money for me, funding my way through college so I learnt a trade after leaving the RM with no skills except hiding in trees and shooting people :lolol:
I didn’t particularly like the job, turns out I was bloody good at it though :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

no, Evans is one Joey Barton’s lads.

Robinson alone is reason enough to wish them ill, though.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Rates of pay kept changing.
Stopped me getting bored.
Kept getting approached by different clubs.
Didn’t like the way some of the door crews operated.
Didn’t like what the (ever changing) management expected from their doormen.
It was always about money for me, funding my way through college so I learnt a trade after leaving the RM with no skills except hiding in trees and shooting people :lolol:
I didn’t particularly like the job, turns out I was bloody good at it though :shrug:

I used to live in north Surrey in the 1970s and I caught a lad shooting from out of a tree with an air rifle at my favourite negligee, the police came around and took my particulars down, but I never heard any more about it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just spotted this:

[tweet]1279137298215510016[/tweet]

Ooooh, so CLOSE with the prediction. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
no, Evans is one Joey Barton’s lads.

Robinson alone is reason enough to wish them ill, though.

Robinson is a legend in his own mind. Probably another one of these berks who thinks if he was called Karliou Robinho he'd have managed Real Madrid by now. He created playing out from the back. Quick, incisive one touch football. A pioneer of the beautiful game. Another who springs to mind is Timothy Sherwoodio.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Robinson is a legend in his own mind. Probably another one of these berks who thinks if he was called Karliou Robinho he'd have managed Real Madrid by now. He created playing out from the back. Quick, incisive one touch football. A pioneer of the beautiful game. Another who springs to mind is Timothy Sherwoodio.

Wasn't Robinson supposedly on a shortlist when we were looking for a manager a few years ago? Bullet dodged surely.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Fill ya boots. The fans appear to be screaming for his head. Thus he should surely stay.

[Tweet]1280453413881483264[/Tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here