Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Good luck to Oxford United tonight...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Indeed many a good night spent there.
I once took a civvy girlfriend there. She told me she would never ever go there again. The thing that put here off was the women fighting in the toilets as well as them pissing in the sink, added to that she wasn’t to happy with the blokes pissing against the bar whilst ordering beer. She had a shower when we got home.

God I loved it in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you ever go in the Bistro, colloquial known as Beasties?

So rough it made Joannas seem like the Ritz.

Didn’t Harry Redknapp own the building after Joannas shut down?

And wasn’t there a , shall we say, very dubious fire there, that destroyed a listed building.Allegedly.
I’m sure Honest Happy Harry had nothing to do with that.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Just think, next season will be our 9th season in a row above them.

It’s nice when the shoe is on the other foot.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Just think, next season will be our 9th season in a row above them.

It’s nice when the shoe is on the other foot.

They haven't beaten us for 18 years, and the last time we played them they were witness to a footballing master class by a half crippled Spaniard.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Do you see many of them?

I live in Chichester, which is very much Pompey territory. As usual there's plenty of decent blokes and plenty of numbnuts. I have particularly enjoyed the Matt Clarke saga, their best player, whom the skate botherers assured me was England material and Dunk's replacement , only to be sent out on loan again, nowhere near the first team!
Whilst they will always be wrapped up with Saints, I've noticed a bit of disdain towards us in recent years. I put that down to jealousy.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
They haven't beaten us for 18 years, and the last time we played them they were witness to a footballing master class by a half crippled Spaniard.

Good atmosphere that day. Seem to remember talk of our fans singing ‘Pay Up Pompey’ when they sang their version.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I live in Chichester, which is very much Pompey territory. As usual there's plenty of decent blokes and plenty of numbnuts. I have particularly enjoyed the Matt Clarke saga, their best player, whom the skate botherers assured me was England material and Dunk's replacement , only to be sent out on loan again, nowhere near the first team!
Whilst they will always be wrapped up with Saints, I've noticed a bit of disdain towards us in recent years. I put that down to jealousy.

Good! I like to think that taking Clarke away from them had an effect on their season , maybe it was the plan all along :lolol:

We must be getting a few more fans down that way now though?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
1989410e951d492613564090114850d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Only logged in for this thread :clap2:

I missed the game, but I very much hope that the socially un-distanced law breakers behind the goal had a smashing view of the winning penalty going in. Another year of watching lower league football from the Bell End. Shame!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Did Pompey lose? Oh well...

:O

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Only logged in for this thread :clap2:

I missed the game, but I very much hope that the socially un-distanced law breakers behind the goal had a smashing view of the winning penalty going in. Another year of watching lower league football from the Bell End. Shame!

Fantastic to see that scummy excuse of a football club stuck in the Third Division, a quick skim through their boards regretfully hasn’t yielded any classics yet though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fantastic to see that scummy excuse of a football club stuck in the Third Division, a quick skim through their boards regretfully hasn’t yielded any classics yet though.

Oh try Twitter, where at least one of them has decided Chris Hughton should be their next manager.

In the THIRD DIVISION.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Awks.

[tweet]1279044481115881475[/tweet]

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Fratton Park 1950s.jpg
This is what it was like in 1958 when I played there.

Last edited:

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Good! I like to think that taking Clarke away from them had an effect on their season , maybe it was the plan all along :lolol:

We must be getting a few more fans down that way now though?

I think the Albion heartland filters out around Littlehampton, and there isn't that many of us the further west you go tbh. I watched an away game (can't remember who against) in a city centre pub last season and I was literally the only person paying attention to the match. It's all plastics or Pompey in Chi I'm afraid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here