Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Albion...... the summer building.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To get the perfect build for next season

GK sell Ryan and replace him with a keeper that can take crosses. Sell Button and Steel keep Walton
DR/WBR - Lamptey - sell Montoy and Schellotto buy new.
DL / WBL - Keep Bernardo but get a new first choice and dont use Burn there unless necessary.
DC Keep Dunk, Webster, Burn, White sell Duffy and Balogun (if not gone) not sure about Ostigard
DMC - keep Bissouma, Buluta, Molumby... let Stephens go (Kayals gone?) may need another.
MC Alzate and Propper stay. Mooy one more year but his speed is not enough. may need another.
Wingers both sides - McAllister, March, Trossard stay - Jahanbakhsh Izquierdo Knockaert go.... we need one or two here depending on whether we play WBs or not. Can anythign be slavaged from Tau or Arce?
AMC - Grob to go... supposedly Aztae, Trossard, Mooy and Mcallister can play here. Need a playmaker though.
SC - Maupay and Connolly to stay Andone to go.... need one better than Maupay with speed, guile and experience.

Murray to the backroom

Dont think Mlakar, Gyokeres are going to make it.

blackburn fans dont even want walton

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
That’s all a bit rearranging deck chairs aboard a well known liner for my liking. I don’t disagree with all of it, but if we want to move up I think we’ve got to improve on March, Propper, Mooy and maybe Trossard too. All decent players but are they doing enough? I think our defence has carried out midfield in many games since we arrived in the PL. in terms of what they contribute to attacking it’s often been very little from goals to beating a man or even taking a set piece half decently. For me the midfield needs a drastic overhaul. Has done for 2 seasons.

I don't disagree with you... its more a question of priorities... we havent got the wing backs sorted since Bruno retire don't eh right and god knows when on the left and we are a really good striker. After that, much as I like Ryan we'll never be safe at the back if we haven't got a goalkeeper who commands the air when necessary and doesnt stay on his line..... then it's the midfield.

Financially i think we'll be lucky if we get four players in for the first team, especially if one is a striker.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't disagree with you... its more a question of priorities... we havent got the wing backs sorted since Bruno retire don't eh right and god knows when on the left and we are a really good striker. After that, much as I like Ryan we'll never be safe at the back if we haven't got a goalkeeper who commands the air when necessary and doesnt stay on his line..... then it's the midfield.

Financially i think we'll be lucky if we get four players in for the first team, especially if one is a striker.

We’ll have a far lower budget this summer, as Sky/BT are reclaiming a huge rebate next season, plus the effect of months and months of no match-day income.

I’d be happy with just two signings - a centre forward and a goal scoring wide midfielder.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

You talk about priorities but want to sell Ryan. I really don't get how those two go together. He is one of our best players. If we want to sign a keeper of Ryan's quality who was dominamt in the air too, it would cost us £20 million plus. Money that would be far better spent on attackers

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He didn’t look great v United to be fair - was caught out of position quite a bit - but otherwise nice fishing [emoji106] Without the hype, even his stats are very good for the other two games.

think having montoya playing in similar position did not help

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We’ll have a far lower budget this summer, as Sky/BT are reclaiming a huge rebate next season, plus the effect of months and months of no match-day income.

I’d be happy with just two signings - a centre forward and a goal scoring wide midfielder.
Absolutely.

2 new signings is possibly the limit this summer ( + 2-3 younger players for future seasons).

Molumby and White being the pick of the returning loanees who will boost the squad as well.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The GK one is interesting. Ryan is a fantastic shot stopper BUT he will be away for part of the season and his passing and general distribution can be inconsistent. My other main concern is his presence in the box. Won't go down the 'too short' route, been done to death, but you could argue that he benefits from having very big men in front of him (esp Dunk and Duffy). None of Steele, Button or Walton (sadly) look more than bench warmers, so it might be an opportunity to get somebody on board who can both challenge Ryan and offer something different . If White and Webster are playing together you'd definitely feel more confident with someone with a bit more aerial presence (Ostigard isn't very tall either).

Really interested to see how Molumby gets on. The club clearly rate him very highly and reviews from the Championship have been very positive.

Clearly the priority is a striker though and they MUST offer something different to Maupay and Connolly.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I did think post posting that really, with the financial Armageddon the world and even football in the PL is about to experience that actually we just need to do the best with what we’ve got. All have the capability of improving if still young, so I’d probably reign my comments back to just replacing Murray. And hoping Izzy plays again and somewhere near his best. But I doubt he will. He makes Paul Kitson look fit.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
For me we are some way off having a squad that can cement itself in to the top 10. The good thing, though, is the core of the team is getting there. The defence is very nearly there. Left back is the main issue. Is Bernardo good enough? Just haven't seen enough of him. Burn is not top 10. The core of an attacking midfield is there with Bissouma, MacAllister, Trossard and you'd think Maupay has shown enough that he is at that level. There are players who can help in the transition, the likes of Mooy, Propper and Burn and lots of unknowns such as White, Alzate, Connelly who we just don't know whether they can push to this higher level. However, there are lots of players who I just can't see with us at that top 10 level. Duffy, Stephens, Gross, AliJ, March, Schelotto, Montoya, Murray. This summer and future building is going to be fascinating.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Stephens and Duffy do go it will be to premier league sides in my opinion, and not just.." promoted sides ".. they still have a lot to offer in the right sides.

Duffy will cost considerabe money, if we were to sell I would want 20m. Or as close as poss.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Up to 4 signings ideally.

Striker, Left back, Defensive Midfielder, Right side Midfielder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here