Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Do you plan to visit a pub this weekend?

Are you planning on visiting a pub this weekend?

• Yes - can't wait!

Votes: 55 15.3%
  • No - danger lies that way.

Votes: 304 84.7%

• Total voters

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I don't see pubs opening tomorrow resulting in the kind of carnage as some seem to think will happen.

Seems the vast majority of people will give pubs a miss regardless and I'm sure the vast majority of pubs won't be operating in a way that's likely to result in chaos anyway.

think it will be pretty tame , certainly no need for knicker wetting.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can I just say Kathy is the best Landlady in the business and she does the best pint of Pride in the area. I miss both Kathy and London Pride.

Ha I work for Asahi UK who own Fullers brewery not the pub chain, it spilt last year. I look after all our beer as well as Fullers such as Peroni tbh I’m interested in the equipment and beer from our perspective

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So the massive part of economy that is pubs, hotels, restaurants etc that employ huge numbers, all currently furloughed, are the very businesses that need to open.

Your argument contradicts itself. Unless of course you neglect this industry.

I don't think you get just how completely f*cked this country will be if we get a second spike. Having seen the beaches, the Liverpool fans, BLM marches and countless illegal street parties I don't trust the people to do the right thing. The government under Johnson haven't got a clue either.

Israel got covid under control, then relaxed lockdown. People did the right thing for a few days but then got sloppy and now their second spike is even worse than first time around.

Furlough the hospitality sector if you have to until such time as we have this thing under control.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't think you get just how completely f*cked this country will be if we get a second spike. Having seen the beaches, the Liverpool fans, BLM marches and countless illegal street parties I don't trust the people to do the right thing. The government under Johnson haven't got a clue either.

Israel got covid under control, then relaxed lockdown. People did the right thing for a few days but then got sloppy and now their second spike is even worse than first time around.

Furlough the hospitality sector if you have to until such time as we have this thing under control.

You explain yourself better this time

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Took the dog out for a run around 7:30 and saw a group of 8-10 blokes huddled under an awning on the Findon Valley parade of shops.

Not the pub, though. No, they were all waiting for the barbers too open.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
The 6 Bells in Chiddingly was great.
Plenty of social distancing measures in place, and all the punters following the rules.
Had a pub lunch and 4 pints of cider, and a good walk across the fields.
Richard, one of the licensees and a big Albion fan kept me informed of the score as the phone and wi fi signal is not good.
All told, a good day.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Wasn't planning on going to a pub this weekend, but at the end of a 3 hour dog walk we ended up going past a pub, with free tables to sit down outside; naturally we stopped :cheers:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The 6 Bells in Chiddingly was great.
Plenty of social distancing measures in place, and all the punters following the rules.
Had a pub lunch and 4 pints of cider, and a good walk across the fields.
Richard, one of the licensees and a big Albion fan kept me informed of the score as the phone and wi fi signal is not good.
All told, a good day.

To be fair more rural pubs have slightly less risk of 'yoofs' just wandering in. I hear a few pubs in Brighton have had a few issues with groups of lads not being able to get into some but hopefully there will be no major problems.

By the way - one of my local pubs 'The Red Lion' in Shoreham appears all closed up - no lights on, no life. Does anybody know if they are planning to reopen or have they closed down? Any info?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
fanastic all dayer visiting 4 pubs. Rules mostly observed and great to see and interact with like minded people.

Dived in a curry house on way home.

Everyone out today happy

Good day for it

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To be fair more rural pubs have slightly less risk of 'yoofs' just wandering in. I hear a few pubs in Brighton have had a few issues with groups of lads not being able to get into some but hopefully there will be no major problems.

By the way - one of my local pubs 'The Red Lion' in Shoreham appears all closed up - no lights on, no life. Does anybody know if they are planning to reopen or have they closed down? Any info?

Yes I saw that as I passed by at 6 this evening....with the Amsterdam open....I wonder how they could cope unless people drink outside, ive seen no one doing any tidying up work unlike the Amsterdam....you get the feeling they won’t even be opening during the coming week :(

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yes I saw that as I passed by at 6 this evening....with the Amsterdam open....I wonder how they could cope unless people drink outside, ive seen no one doing any tidying up work unlike the Amsterdam....you get the feeling they won’t even be opening during the coming week :(

Had heard rumours they have gone bust - sincerely hope that's wrong.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Most pubs have weekly deliveries. Therefore it’s been a case of heavier but normal rounds. The issue has been collecting empty, opened, and full out of date stock.

I’ve got limited appetite until I can have a beer in a glass. But, thinking about exposure, I don’t see why a glass would be any more dangerous than a shitty plastic cup.

So then the issue is enclosed environments. I’d prefer the pavement.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
“Pubs can’t open until 6am”.
Interesting wording from the government.
“Astonishingly were are letting pubs open at 6am” would have been more accurate.

It’s going to be fecking carnage. Social distancing out the window by 9am. I can’t imagine many pubs will open at 6am?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53281539
It was a legal technicality. Otherwise pubs could have opened at 00.01 on Saturday morning and been deluged with pre-loaded stay at home drinkers who would arrive pissed already and unable to follow distancing rules.... Or any rules!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some will have quietly gone to the wall sadly, others might still be re arranging the pub layout/ bars for maximum numbers of customers while maintaining distancing and hygiene and getting electronic ordering and payments organised. My local, The Brooksteed, has decided not to reopen until Tuesday 7th July to avoid carnage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here