Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What to do with Trossard?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Face it, in terms of blowing hot n cold, he's our new Knocky

Most wingers do that. There aren't many wingers who don't drift in and out of games. However, in the Premier League, I think he's much better than Knockaert when at their best. He can influence games more. And he doesn't get so frustrated and likely to get booked/sent off when not on form.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Trossard made a run in the first half down the left wing, he was moving at a speed I’ve not seen him hit before, what’s that about? He definitely appears to have developed some muscle during lockdown, has this additional power given him afterburners?

Saw that too, wondered who it was for a minute :lol:

Was it Alexander Arnold being left for dead?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Most wingers do that. There aren't many wingers who don't drift in and out of games. However, in the Premier League, I think he's much better than Knockaert when at their best. He can influence games more. And he doesn't get so frustrated and likely to get booked/sent off when not on form.

Yet to be convinced about better when at their best, but slightly different.
Temperament wise 100% like chalk and cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Yes that's a pretty fair summary. Just need to work on the consistency which as you suggest always seems to be an issue with wingers.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yet to be convinced about better when at their best, but slightly different.
Temperament wise 100% like chalk and cheese.

Maybe much better was harsh on Knockaert but I think he has contributed more this season than Knockaert did in either of his seasons with us in the Premier League. I think it will be interesting to see him playing alongside one or two better attackers (or by developing more of an understanding with Mac Allister). I am hopeful we will see the best of him next season when he's had a year in the Premier League

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
We have a number of young players playing their first season in the Premier. All will have poor games or make mistakes its part of the learning process. Imagine Trossard, Lamptey, MacAllister, Webster Bissuoma, Maupay and Connelly with a full season under their belts. We'll hopefully see another step up in improvement as they gain experience. Mid table obscurity next season anyone?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He's an upgrade on Knockaert in both skill and temperament, but mostly on reading the game.

There will be those that won't see it, but it is undoubtedly the case.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I believe that in 12-18 months time we won't believe what a bargain he was.

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more of him. Quick & direct; exactly what I love to watch.

Eden Hazard Lite :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe much better was harsh on Knockaert but I think he has contributed more this season than Knockaert did in either of his seasons with us in the Premier League. I think it will be interesting to see him playing alongside one or two better attackers (or by developing more of an understanding with Mac Allister). I am hopeful we will see the best of him next season when he's had a year in the Premier League

Yes same with Webster who until the error had looked impressive post restart.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The thing that sets him apart for me is his end product, which many wingers struggle with. That run he made into the Liverpool box, when he cut inside he didn't just fire it across the box and hope, he produced a deft little chip-cross to Maupay at the front post, who probably should've done better.

His assist to Mooy at Bournemouth being another example. And his finishing - all 5 goals he's scored this year have been difficult chances that he's made look easy. I don't think there's another player in our squad who would have scored all 5 - including Maupay.

He's one of those players that can go missing for most of a game, but given one chance will take it (or put it on a plate for someone else) and is worth being in the squad for that alone. So pleased to see him recapturing his early season form though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here