Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What to do with Trossard?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another one for the highlights reel

[tweet]1279520359121903616[/tweet]

He's gonna be on the receiving end because he made that tricky chance look like a tap in.
I can hear it now:-

'He only scores the simple goals".

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm turning quite sceptic about Trossard and his ability to establish himself as a (close to) top player in the PL.

He definitely got moments where you think "this guy is a class above the rest". His end product is great. But his ability to get into situations where he can deliver "end products" is a lot worse: either he just gets outmuscled or his technique fails him - its very rare to see him actually get past his defender.

And tactically he just dont seem clever enough to find spaces to operate in. Maybe this is because he wants to use the same spaces Mooy generally occupy, but at the same time the few successful moments were often through collaborating with Mooy.

If he was a few years younger I'd say "just keep him and let him improve" but he is turning 26 in December, its not like he is a super talent.

He also looks a bit too much like Robbie Williams but I'd be willing to overlook that if he performed well enough.

So what to do? Keep him and hope he improves? Loan him out for a year to a league similar to the PL (like Bundesliga)? Sell him and get most of the value back? I'm leaning towards the last two options. Sell him and Ali J and sign another "predicted starter" for the wing and hope for better luck this time.

I’ve given this about a seconds thought..keep him

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Trossard since the restart has looked a lot fitter...now we are starting to see his skills....two neat finishes in the last two games....that injury he picked up early season whilst away with Belgium really hindered his progress

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm turning quite sceptic about Trossard and his ability to establish himself as a (close to) top player in the PL.

He definitely got moments where you think "this guy is a class above the rest". His end product is great. But his ability to get into situations where he can deliver "end products" is a lot worse: either he just gets outmuscled or his technique fails him - its very rare to see him actually get past his defender.

And tactically he just dont seem clever enough to find spaces to operate in. Maybe this is because he wants to use the same spaces Mooy generally occupy, but at the same time the few successful moments were often through collaborating with Mooy.

If he was a few years younger I'd say "just keep him and let him improve" but he is turning 26 in December, its not like he is a super talent.

He also looks a bit too much like Robbie Williams but I'd be willing to overlook that if he performed well enough.

So what to do? Keep him and hope he improves? Loan him out for a year to a league similar to the PL (like Bundesliga)? Sell him and get most of the value back? I'm leaning towards the last two options. Sell him and Ali J and sign another "predicted starter" for the wing and hope for better luck this time.

Cut our losses and get rid.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Trossard? What about Lamptey put on a plate my mum could have scored that, Lamptey, Lamptey world class the rest nowhere. :shrug:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Trossard? What about Lamptey put on a plate my mum could have scored that, Lamptey, Lamptey world class the rest nowhere. :shrug:

Your Mum can score half volleys against the best keeper in the world? Get on the blower to Graham Potter!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Another one for the highlights reel

[tweet]1279520359121903616[/tweet]

He's gonna be on the receiving end because he made that tricky chance look like a tap in.
I can hear it now:-

'He only scores the simple goals".

Yep :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here