Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jesse Lingard

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Was listening to the latest episode of The Totally Football Show, it was suggested that we're looking into the possibility of taking Jesse Lingard on loan for the whole of next season.

Can't find anything concrete about it online, but it was brought up by Daniel Storey, who as far as I know isn't a particularly gossipy journalist, so it could have legs.

If Potter could get him back to the level he was playing at before/during the 2018 World Cup it'd be a great signing, that's a big IF though...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1. Wages.
2. Where does he fit?
3. Seems a decent lad but massively overrated.

I'm out.

Me too, not a fan, however if Potter sees him as his type of player I’m not averse

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I listened to this this morning and was surprised as hadn't seen anything about it online. As you point out he's not the sort to just make up a random rumour so does seem odd.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1. Wages.
2. Where does he fit?
3. Seems a decent lad but massively overrated.

I'm out.

3. Maybe a few years ago but I'd struggle to find anyone who rates him nowadays!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don't quite see the logic of this. We're not short of wide midfield options of similar quality.

All that said - his career appears to have stalled massively so this could be just what he needs, and I trust Potter's judgement.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
While Potter is/was known for taking good care of talented players who lost the plot a bit, I guess the thought of it makes sense... yet no. 28 years old, no better than anyone currently in the squad and without any doubt expensive as ****... no thanks.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What is his best/favourite position these days? I always thought of him as basically an out and out winger, which doesn't really seem to fit in with the Potter way. Also, coming from ManU, wages might be a problem, especially if we've got any players on 'highest wage earner' contracts (I hope we haven't, but expect we have).

Be more interested in young Gomes, TBH.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Only if Utd are paying his wages.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
He's on over £100k pw at United. I'm sure he will have to drop a bit if he leaves United but can't see him dropping 40+%.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Article from yesterday's Times suggests he's lost his mojo baby!

image0.jpeg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I didn't think he was good enough the first time he played for us and I'm unconvinced he's improved at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here