Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It’s amazing how well results have gone our way

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looking at their fixtures, it is hard to see where either will get those 10 points:

BOURNEMOUTH
Spurs (h)
Leicester (h)
Manchester City (a)
Southampton (h)
Everton (a)

ASTON VILLA
Liverpool (a)
Manchester United (h)
Palace (h)
Everton (a)
Arsenal (h)
West Ham (a)

It just occurred to me, Southampton fans will probably love the chance to officially relegate Bournemouth. Their big derby game next season will be, er, us.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Have you not heard of the insurance bet before?
If your team wins, amazing and meh you've only lost a fiver. If they lose, shit they lost, but atleast you've won some money.

Personally I could never, ever, put a bet on Brighton getting beaten. Each to their own of course, but I'm out.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just as I predicted the Coronavirus would be a pandemic and was shot to flames.

Glad I was wrong on this occasion and happy to take criticism this time.

You were right about some of the precautions that should have been taken (earlier than the government did), but I suspect you were flamed at the time because of statements like "hundred of millions will die across the globe" and "today I think this will wipe out at least half the world, if not more".

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Looking at their fixtures, it is hard to see where either will get those 10 points:

BOURNEMOUTH
Spurs (h)
Leicester (h)
Manchester City (a)
Southampton (h)
Everton (a)

ASTON VILLA
Liverpool (a)
Manchester United (h)
Palace (h)
Everton (a)
Arsenal (h)
West Ham (a)

For a complete picture, worth including Watford - they still need nine points to overtake us, given their GD. So for us to go down it needs TWO of those three teams to suddenly win at least three of their last five or six games. They’ve only won six or seven each all season.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
If your team wins, amazing and meh you've only lost a fiver. If they lose, shit they lost, but atleast you've won some money.

I bet on both a home win and the draw today so I'm happy with my financial loss!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Yes I have heard of it....
No, I simply don't understand the gratification for you - but you didn't mention winning anything in your original post.

It makes a little more sense - but it doesn't really seem worth telling everyone on here that Albion will certainly not win.
I have a different attitude to supporting the Albion I suppose....
Thank you for explaining though.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

BOURNEMOUTH
Spurs (h)
Leicester (h)
Manchester City (a)
Southampton (h)
Everton (a)

ASTON VILLA
Liverpool (a)
Manchester United (h)
Palace (h)
Everton (a)
Arsenal (h)
West Ham (a)

Yes it looks like Bournemouth won't catch us now although they might beat Spurs who are poor at the moment.

Villa seem a bit more up for it. Really hope Liverpool turn up tomorrow as Villa's last 4 games could go either way. ???

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

BOURNEMOUTH
Spurs (h) 1pt (Spurs are pretty crap on the road)
Leicester (h) 1pt (Leicester haven't really sparked yet, apart from the SLCC today)
Manchester City (a) 0pt (Horsing and more)
Southampton (h) 0pt (Two of the South Coast's three ugly Sisters playing...the other one is in Div 1)
Everton (a) 0pt (on the beach by then...via an air bridge and at great expense)

ASTON VILLA
Liverpool (a) 0pt (Klopp's rocket will get the result)
Manchester United (h) 0pt (Manure look good even with Eric Bailly coming on). Grealish OG hat trick
Palace (h) WTF cares but I reckon 1pt
Everton (a) 1pt
Arsenal (h) 1pt
West Ham (a) 1pt

so all in all I agree, we are pretty much safe, even if we lose the last 5 matches.

TNBA

TTF

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
For a complete picture, worth including Watford - they still need nine points to overtake us, given their GD. So for us to go down it needs TWO of those three teams to suddenly win at least three of their last five or six games. They’ve only won six or seven each all season.

This all day long. Leicester’s amazing escape under Pearson was remarkable and shows it can be done but it’s pretty incredible to imagine two clubs pulling the same trick.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
10 more points is our mathematical target to avoid relegation.

If Chelsea beat Watford today, it drops to 8.

If Villa lose tomorrow, it becomes 7.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
10 more points is our mathematical target to avoid relegation.

If Chelsea beat Watford today, it drops to 8.

If Villa lose tomorrow, it becomes 7.

We won’t need that many points though, we are already safe, but not mathematically.

For us to go down, we would need to lose all games with Villa or Bournemouth winning 3 and drawing 1 out of their last 5 and 6 respectively, plus Watford would have to win 3 out of 5 games and West Ham would have to win 2 games and get a draw.

So, pretty much, if Bournemouth lose twice and Villa lose thrice, we are mathematically staying up and that is much, much more likely to happen than the first scenario.

There’s no way the results in the first scenario will happen, let alone us lose all our remaining fixtures.

Still, I think we should be aiming for 40 plus points now and closing the gap on Palace, who have quite a tough run in.

WE ARE STAYING UP!
:albion2:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
With results Villa,Bournmouth and Watford are having should think they cant believe there luck they are still in with a chance

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Yes I have heard of it....
No, I simply don't understand the gratification for you - but you didn't mention winning anything in your original post.

It makes a little more sense - but it doesn't really seem worth telling everyone on here that Albion will certainly not win.
I have a different attitude to supporting the Albion I suppose....
Thank you for explaining though.

Past experience tells me that when I say something out loud that I dont want to happen, it's got a habbit of happening, for example, I said to my pals at work last week that the Hammers will beat Chelsea and everyone at work said I was mad, but because I didn't want it to happen, obviously it happened. But if I say something that I do want to happen, it never does! Kinda like reverse phonology against myself!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Who used to do the run in tracker with the awesome pictures? I did a little predictor, based on the following rules:

Versus current top 5: Lose
Versus six to ten: Draw at home, lose away
Versus bottom ten: Win at home, draw away

Where they play each other, I used the above rules for the team I thought was stronger, with the other team having to accept the result...

BORING.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With results Villa,Bournmouth and Watford are having should think they cant believe there luck they are still in with a chance

Much like us last season

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quite happy this evening. Another Saturday gone by with us winning, and nobody below us picking up a point. Just need Newcastle and Liverpool wins tomorrow and I'll be an even happier little bunny :thumbsup:

accy.JPG

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Past experience tells me that when I say something out loud that I dont want to happen, it's got a habbit of happening, for example, I said to my pals at work last week that the Hammers will beat Chelsea and everyone at work said I was mad, but because I didn't want it to happen, obviously it happened. But if I say something that I do want to happen, it never does! Kinda like reverse phonology against myself!

Hmmm. Silence is golden, methinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here