Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury revisited on The BBC this weekend

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Watching Nick Cave. 22 years ago. It feels very current, albeit he's been understandably badly affected since then by his son's death. But the staging and fashion? Bang on.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Was that Tinker from Lovejoy sitting on the speaker at the front of the stage, playing guitar?

download (8).jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Serios question . . . . ELO . . . Miming ? Or really playing ( Jeff Lynn particularly . . .) have seen a few gigs, inc the one on TV . . . There's something not quite right for a 'live' performance.

Either that or eveyone else has been doing it wrong for the last 65 years

Jul 7, 2003
Watching the reruns of the 'legends' earlier, I'd forgotten how wonderfully over the top the end of Shirley Bassey's set was with the orchestra playing out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Watching Nick Cave. 22 years ago. It feels very current, albeit he's been understandably badly affected since then by his son's death. But the staging and fashion? Bang on.

Saw Nick Cave in Sports Direct in North Street about 10 years back, he was trying to do " Keepy Uppy " with a ball while his boy looked on, had strangely skinny arms and weirdly dark hair.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Saw Nick Cave in Sports Direct in North Street about 10 years back, he was trying to do " Keepy Uppy " with a ball while his boy looked on, had strangely skinny arms and weirdly dark hair.

See, this is where the world has gone slightly mad. Can you imagine Maupay on stage at Glasto in a pinstripe suit, inhaling a Marlboro Light?

Stick to your strengths people.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just re-visited a few REM songs and realised that in a Trump presidency they are needed more than ever before.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
This Bowie set is absolute quality. Again, the fashion. That coat could be a unique designer piece made exactly for the gig or it could have been picked up for £1.50 from Cirencester Oxfam. Either way he's rocking it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Rene Zellweger on now, doing some awesome Bowie covers

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've been watching and listening to Bowie for the last twenty five minutes. Looks a bit like a smartened up skinny Robert Plant and singing like Anthony Newley with added vocal mannerisms, it's a good job he had a hot band. I just don't get what people saw in him. I liked him in the 70' for a while, and a smattering in the 80's but after that, not for me. But hey, each to their own.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I've been watching and listening to Bowie for the last twenty five minutes. Looks a bit like a smartened up skinny Robert Plant and singing like Anthony Newley with added vocal mannerisms, it's a good job he had a hot band. I just don't get what people saw in him. I liked him in the 70' for a while, and a smattering in the 80's but after that, not for me. But hey, each to their own.

(In a McEnroe stylee)

You cannot be serious man....:lolol:
In my opinion that's a classic performance.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

At the risk of going back to the "do musicians get better when they're older" thread, you need to listen to Blackstar. It's astonishing on its own, but is incredible when you get that he knew he was dying and we didn't.

This, now, is greatest hits but still puts so much modern shite in the bin, effortlessly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here