Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 27/06 - 02/07

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Crikey, Smith just said that “they more than matched Wolves and deserved something out of the game. The game played out exactly as intended”.

Lying to himself now.

I like that the commentator asked him if they would play that way next game. I know he meant tactically, but whatever Smith tells himself, they were very poor. It is an instance where stats lie as there were occasions where I thought Wolves would score but not one instance where it looked like Villa would.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Palace fan in peace here. Just wanted to say well done on last two games. With villa losing today and your vastly superior goal difference that gap is starting to look mighty big. Hopefully another 3-4 points could do it for you guys to be safe. Good luck and see you next season for another series of nail biters. I went to the Selhurst game and you guys were the better team for the majority of the game. I personally wish you well.

This isn’t a Palace thread. **** off

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are 25/1 with Bet 365 at the moment

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Big game for Bournemouth in the week. Fail to beat Newcastle they could be in real trouble. Man Utd, Spurs, Leicester and City the next four! Then they have the Saints derby match before finishing at Everton....

Tough, tough run in.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Could be an act of pure desperation. Sack Smith and put Terry in charge. Shearer being given the reins at Newcastle springs to mind.
That worked ok for Newcastle not so much for Shearer. If Terry wants to manage he would be better off coaching for a while longer or taking up a position outside of the Premier league much like Gerrard and Lampard did dont forget he retired later than they did and is further behind on the development.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That result means our relegations odds are out to 25/1. And rightly so. Very pleasing.

Villa's next two opponents are the same as ours - Liverpool and Man Utd. But they're the ones needing 7 points to overtake us, with only 6 to play.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Absolutely hilarious the Villa thing really.

Outrage when Aston Mighty Villa get relegated from the top table and the fuss around them not bouncing back first season was tiresome from the media and the Vila masses.

Then a fail in the play offs when we were all told Villa are going to be back.

They finally get up via the play offs and their fans are everywhere piping up , media love in in full swing.

Stupid stupid money fly's out trying to be the new wolves .......European football they told us. Villa are BACK !

and here they are limping back to a league they tell us they are far far far to big for to do it all again minus several hundred million pounds.

Impossible not to raise a smile isn't it !

Still , it's not all over yet and we'll have to put up with loads more before they hopefully limp out the back door for a few more years

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is it correct they spent £100m plus when promoted.

With £8.5m Samatta in January, £150m possibly. If someone wants to add this lot up:

DBDF526E-EBF6-4CA0-BEC0-860387C2EAD8.png

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Think about this: Villa have conceded SIXTY goals and the season is not over yet.

All that money spent. That is pathetic, especially as they have JT coaching their defence.

It’s probably too late now, but they would have been better with Hughton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here