Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool - 20/21 Champions

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fireworks going off in Lyme Regis and I know of a few Liverpool fans and after 30 years of hurt I won't begrudge them if it. Great scenes over the harbour on such a beautiful night.

Greatest team in PL history?

???

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
You have to say Klopp is an amazing manager, not just for his exploits at Liverpool but at Dortmund as well.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That’s always been UK life, pre and post internet.

In decades working in offices in Brighton, I worked with mouthy ManU, West Ham and Arsenal plastics. Not one ever went to OT, Boleyn or Highbury/Emirates. Boy they disliked the Albion whilst they were at, I could never fathom why, revelling in our setbacks and they weren’t joking.

I used to get untold amount of stick for supporting Brighton, not so bad now but anytime you say anything all you’d get back is ‘Haha you support Brighton’ when in truth, they will never care about ‘their’ team anywhere near as much as we do. Obviously there are genuine passionate scousers/others and this point doesn’t go for them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What will the * indicate? Is the PL not going to finish the season?

Ridiculous comment. This season will forever have an asterisk next to, not only for the delay in completion but the fact they changed rules to accommodate it were changed. Were Liverpool the stand out team, yes but that won't erase the *!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just got back from the game. My dear old pal Bob, 74 years old, in tears. A vetran of the Cavern. YNWA. Nothing more to be said.

Bless him, he deserves this moment , a well deserved league victory.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Breaking - thing which was always going to happen happens. Now the weather.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Surely this is the type of thread that the Bear Pit was designed for

(from a Liverpool hating Albion fan)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I used to get untold amount of stick for supporting Brighton, not so bad now but anytime you say anything all you’d get back is ‘Haha you support Brighton’ when in truth, they will never care about ‘their’ team anywhere near as much as we do. Obviously there are genuine passionate scousers/others and this point doesn’t go for them.

One of the ManU plastics was particularly psychopathic. They beat Brighton in a cup game, probably that early 90’s cup tie. The next day he made a beeline to my office to aggressively gloat. A middle aged bloke far older than me, who never ever visited OT, what an arse.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You have to say Klopp is an amazing manager, not just for his exploits at Liverpool but at Dortmund as well.

I like Klopp, he understands football and people and he knows which is more important at any given time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fireworks going off in Lyme Regis and I know of a few Liverpool fans and after 30 years of hurt I won't begrudge them if it. Great scenes over the harbour on such a beautiful night.

Greatest team in PL history?

???
Any mackerel coming up ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ridiculous comment. This season will forever have an asterisk next to, not only for the delay in completion but the fact they changed rules to accommodate it were changed. Were Liverpool the stand out team, yes but that won't erase the *!

I think the margin that Liverpool will win it by ( probably) will be enough to erase the x in most people’s minds.

I would rather they won it than the Mancs, either tribe or any of the London clubs, always enjoy strip to Anfield, mainly knowledgable fans, if you avoid the tourists and many seem to have a bit of a soft spot for us.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
One of the ManU plastics was particularly psychopathic. They beat Brighton in a cup game, probably that early 90’s cup tie. The next day he made a beeline to my office to aggressively gloat. A middle aged bloke far older than me, who never ever visited OT, what an arse.

1-0 Giggs free kick??

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
First class :fishing: in Lyme Regis I hear.

Genuinely we've had fireworks from various locations across the town, could be coincidence. Here can't be the only location it's happened?

Fair play though, after 30 years of hurt, especially watching their big rivsks run amok for much of that time il not going to rain on their parade, statistically at least they're probably going to go down as the greatest ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here