Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
hmmm supposed to be going to Michigan on the 23rd Dec and then flying on the 27th Dec to Arizona for just over a week.
The wife and daughter both Americans will be alright, but does anyone know if I will be allowed to take that internal flight, as I think i have to take a lateral flow test 3-5 days after arrival, how long does that result take to come back ? I know things will probably change, just thinking I do not want to be stuck in Michigan freezing cold, while they lap it up by the heated pool in Arizona...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
hmmm supposed to be going to Michigan on the 23rd Dec and then flying on the 27th Dec to Arizona for just over a week.
The wife and daughter both Americans will be alright, but does anyone know if I will be allowed to take that internal flight, as I think i have to take a lateral flow test 3-5 days after arrival, how long does that result take to come back ? I know things will probably change, just thinking I do not want to be stuck in Michigan freezing cold, while they lap it up by the heated pool in Arizona...
Fairly sure you will be ok with an antigen. Regardless when I was in Miami earlier this year I got a FREE PCR test (unbelievable for America) and the result was sent back to me 24 hours later.

Either way you should be fine

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They wouldn't be if the US keep their current requirements for travelling Brits (they haven't confirmed yet) - home tests currently have to be 'supervised', the Chronomics antigen test just requires you to upload a picture of the cartridge after testing

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

You can use a self-test (sometimes referred to as home test) that meets the following criteria:

The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral test (nucleic acid amplification test [NAAT] or antigen test) with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.
The telehealth provider must confirm your identity, observe the sample collection and testing procedures, confirm the test result, and issue a report that meets the requirements of CDC’s Order (see “What information must be included in the test result?” below).
Airlines and other aircraft operators must be able to review and confirm your identity and the test result details. You must also be able to present the documentation of test results to U.S. officials at the port of entry and local/state health departments, if requested.
Some countries may restrict importation of tests that are not authorized or registered there. If you are considering bringing a U.S.-authorized test with you for use outside of the United States, contact authorities at your destination for information before you travel.

Annoying.

But I can understand the policy. It's laughable that email results are accepted in most places. Very open to abuse.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Annoying.

But I can understand the policy. It's laughable that email results are accepted in most places. Very open to abuse.

Completely agree…we had to do them to return to the UK last month, waste of time really. So easy to manipulate the results if you wanted.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What's the point in making plans when Covid 19 cases are high and deaths on the increase?

I had two great holidays in Morocco and would love to go back a third time, but last week Morocco stopped flights in from the UK because our Covid rates are 40x more than theirs. Just days before half-term.

That's summer 2020 and summer 2021 ****ed and yet I'm listening to Rishi Sunak spounting absolute bollocks to his Tory backbenchers about what a good job they are doing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What's the point in making plans when Covid 19 cases are high and deaths on the increase?

I had two great holidays in Morocco and would love to go back a third time, but last week Morocco stopped flights in from the UK because our Covid rates are 40x more than theirs. Just days before half-term.

That's summer 2020 and summer 2021 ****ed and yet I'm listening to Rishi Sunak spounting absolute bollocks to his Tory backbenchers about what a good job they are doing.

The thousands of people we have away at the moment seem to be having a good time. :shrug:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Annoying.

I don’t think the USA will have this in place for long
[MENTION=21215]Dazzer[/MENTION]666 answered you before I could!

We have asked for more clarification

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Unless I'm missing something*, I can't think of a reason why you think you might not be able to make that internal flight. There is zero requirement to show any sort of vaccination status (or negative test) when flying internally. No-one would have any clue you might be waiting for a test result having recently arrived from abroad.

*As I'm a US citizen now I might not be completely au fait with requirements placed on non-US persons, so if I HAVE missed something, apologies.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Unless I'm missing something*, I can't think of a reason why you think you might not be able to make that internal flight. There is zero requirement to show any sort of vaccination status (or negative test) when flying internally. No-one would have any clue you might be waiting for a test result having recently arrived from abroad.

*As I'm a US citizen now I might not be completely au fait with requirements placed on non-US persons, so if I HAVE missed something, apologies.

Thanks, I am just worried if we attempt to board the flight and the wife and daughter would obviously use their US passports, they look at mine and suddenly ask for the results and refuse to let me board, that would be a worry, and I would not be best happy. I am sure you are right, as a Brit you naturally worry that everything that could go wrong, will. You have probably had that gradually eked out of you, being a citizen of the US now, lucky you.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
The summer has long gone :(

A lot of the covid measures etc seem to be up for review in January. Fingers crossed for a simpler 2022 for travel.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A lot of the covid measures etc seem to be up for review in January. Fingers crossed for a simpler 2022 for travel.

It’s really not a huge hassle now tbh unless you want to go somewhere that doesn’t want Brits……..some testing (requirements obviously depend on where you’re going, but could be as simple as a 2 day lateral flow when you get home costing less than £20 as many don’t require proof of negative test to go in if you’re double jabbed) and a couple of simple forms to fill in. There are only 7 red countries now anyway so scrapping that won’t make a huge difference. The gradual relaxation of requirements will surely continue globally unless the thing escalates uncontrollably again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So Kids travelling with Vaccinated parents only need to be tested 3-5 days after arrival into the USA

They dont need to get a test 1 day before departure to the USA either - its still 3 days before.

Doesnt seem like the 3-5 day test is tracked anywhere either - I an not sure how long it will last

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here