Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I’m not really sure having an opinion makes me a troll, would you prefer things were not open for debate?
I like to think of NSC as a reasonably broad church... be boring if it just became an echo chamber would it not?... For instance you quite clearly support illegal immigration and human trafficking and modern day slavery, that’s your choice and I respect your choice, I however fully support legal immigration and the rule of law, why can’t we just respect each other’s opinion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never respected racists and trolls are just...meh.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
This is how things stand in the world of Mylene...
Disagree with illegal immigration..RACIST.
Agree with legal immigration..RACIST.
Disagree with human trafficking..RACIST.
Disagree with modern day slavery..RACIST.
Disagree with terrorists..RACIST
Disagree with rape gangs..RACIST.
Disagree with anti Semitic thugs and the defunding of the police..RACIST.
Vote to leave the European Union..RACIST..
Missed anything Mylene love?

I just think you misunderstand things, deliberately or otherwise

On the subject of Hassan, nothing he did was illegal, crossing the channel by boat is not illegal, he claimed asylum on arrival so had a legal right to be here the minute he arrived

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

On the subject of Hassan, nothing he did was illegal, crossing the channel by boat is not illegal, he claimed asylum on arrival so had a legal right to be here the minute he arrived

Shhh.....facts confuse the poor things. They don't like it up 'em, so to speak.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

It is illegal to cross the English Channel in an unregistered vessel, I can only assume Hassan crossed one of the busiest shipping channels in the world on an unregistered vessel.
I’ll be taking no lectures from people that entered the United Kingdom illegally.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
It is illegal to cross the English Channel in an unregistered vessel, I can only assume Hassan crossed one of the busiest shipping channels in the world on an unregistered vessel.
I’ll be taking no lectures from people that entered the United Kingdom illegally.

not if they're intention is to claim asylum

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is how things stand in the world of Mylene...
Disagree with illegal immigration..RACIST. Possibly
Agree with legal immigration..RACIST. Not Racist
Disagree with human trafficking..RACIST. Human Trafficking = Wrong, not Racist
Disagree with modern day slavery..RACIST. Modern Day Slavery = Wrong, not Racist
Disagree with terrorists..RACIST Quite Normal, not Racist
Disagree with rape gangs..RACIST. Quite normal, not Racist
Disagree with anti Semitic thugs and the defunding of the police..RACIST. Complicated, Thugs= bad, but, De-funding of police is a curiously US phenomenon
Vote to leave the European Union..RACIST.. No, lied to and mislead and promised the undeliverable.
Missed anything Mylene love?

Top end rant old chap, surprised if you can still see your phone screen for all the bile and spittle there must be over it ! In your haste you do seem to have misunderstood and contradicted yourself on various issues and managed to confuse and conflate so many differing situations. I have tried to help you out by giving the genuine and normal, common-sense reality to your disturbingly odd rant.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Top end rant old chap, surprised if you can still see your phone screen for all the bile andspittle there must be over it ! In your haste you do seem to have misunderstood and contradicted yourself on various issues and managed to confuse and conflate so many differing situations. I have tried to help you out by giving the genuine and normal, common-sense reality to your disturbingly odd rant.

No ranting, just asking Mylene what she thinks about my opinion, it’s all the context old son.
Thanks for editing my post though [emoji1303] well done you.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I don't want to be picky but it must be the case that the great majority of refugees and asylum-seekers break at least the odd by-law when making their way to another country. Jews fleeing occupied Poland during the war probably didn't have the correct paperwork and the average East German scuttling over the Berlin Wall certainly hadn't bought a ticket. And as for the Maquis... You wouldn't refuse to listen to their views and learn from their experiences surely?

The substantive point is that everybody has a right to seek asylum in another country. People who don't qualify for protection as refugees will not receive refugee status and may be deported, but just because someone doesn't receive refugee status doesn't mean they are a bogus asylum-seeker. (I'm quoting a UN charter there.)

Mr Hassan, on arriving here, did nothing illegal*. He went through the correct process, obtained approval to remain and then did something worthwhile with his time. Personally, I would be very happy to listen to his views and perhaps learn from them. It's disappointing that you would refuse to, whatever the reason you give.

*Given the UN charter wording above it is arguable that he did nothing illegal even if he crossed the channel on a lilo, although that is not my point.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No ranting, just asking Mylene what she thinks about my opinion, it’s all the context old son.
Thanks for editing my post though [emoji1303] well done you.

Only too pleased to give you a fatherly hand on your shoulder, it was heart-breaking when your Brexit was delayed and you ran off and hid under a rock for six months.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I don't want to be picky but it must be the case that the great majority of refugees and asylum-seekers break at least the odd by-law when making their way to another country. Jews fleeing occupied Poland during the war probably didn't have the correct paperwork and the average East German scuttling over the Berlin Wall certainly hadn't bought a ticket. And as for the Maquis... You wouldn't refuse to listen to their views and learn from their experiences surely?

The substantive point is that everybody has a right to seek asylum in another country. People who don't qualify for protection as refugees will not receive refugee status and may be deported, but just because someone doesn't receive refugee status doesn't mean they are a bogus asylum-seeker. (I'm quoting a UN charter there.)

Mr Hassan, on arriving here, did nothing illegal*. He went through the correct process, obtained approval to remain and then did something worthwhile with his time. Personally, I would be very happy to listen to his views and perhaps learn from them. It's disappointing that you would refuse to, whatever the reason you give.

*Given the UN charter wording above it is arguable that he did nothing illegal even if he crossed the channel on a lilo, although that is not my point.

He broke the law when he put his first step on Uk soil.
More importantly, why is the European Union such a terrible place? When I used to live there and on all the holidays and visits there I’ve always found it to be perfectly civilised, why are so many willing to risk their lives to leave it? Very odd.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
He broke the law when he put his first step on Uk soil.
More importantly, why is the European Union such a terrible place? When I used to live there and on all the holidays and visits there I’ve always found it to be perfectly civilised, why are so many willing to risk their lives to leave it? Very odd.

No running.
All good now.
Let’s get going.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
More importantly, why is the European Union such a terrible place? When I used to live there and on all the holidays and visits there I’ve always found it to be perfectly civilised

Good point.

There's nothing wrong with it at all, is there?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here