Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They are not stupid.

They knew what they voted for.

They like Boris because he is a ****.

They think the Country needs a **** to shake things up a bit. His fellow ministers are right, conservative voters don’t care about Tory sleaze. They have the majority, why should they? Nothing will be done about this.

When people are scared or desperate, they do strange things (like vote Hitler to power).

We have millions of people who are scared and frightened about the fall of the British empire. They are confused about minority groups such as women, black people & homosexuals having as much power as middle/upper class white heterosexual men. They are dumbfounded with the pace of technology and that they can be called out for their ignorance online and at work so easily.

But above all it’s change that scares Boris’ supporters. Boris offers those frightened voters a view of the past, when morals were low and you knew where you were, you kind of knew that Saville might be doing bad things but there was always someone like Boris to pat you on the back and tell you Britain is great and everything will be ok. For some reason, people feel secure with a privileged, public school educated, prejudiced twit at the helm.
It’s ironic with the Latin shit he spouts that it’s a largely uneducated wave he is riding, just like the one Hitler rode on.

I get the impression that he is inadvertently going to sink Britain but having thought about it a lot, that might not be such a bad thing. England is the future (or the United Kingdom Of England & Wales as it’ll inevitably end up as).

I think you are definitely on to something there, large swathes of " Middle England " misguidedly feel their rights are being watered down or lost and they are genuinely upset and scared to lose rights and privileges. About the time of the referendum I saw a vox pops on the tv news with a reporter asking people what they thought about the forthcoming vote, I remember a couple of 50+ish women with their arms folded stood at the front door saying " well there's too many foreigners comin' in and they all have their bloomin 'Uman Rights ! "

They seemed unaware they had the same " 'Uman Rights" as everybody else in the country and somehow felt their advantages in life were being stripped from them. I think the likes of Farage and the right wing media have fanned anger this anger and ignorance to get to where we are today so we get to the point where people will go on radio and say " I don't care what Johnson has done wrong because it gets people like YOU angry "....

.post #2996 above is a classic example of this in action. Callers like this are reducing in number because usually always once their " points" are subjected to scrutiny their arguments always fall apart but, they persist as a mostly silent group of angry lost souls who will pop up about election time and vote for the likes of Johnson and the Tories no matter what they have done wrong.

This same rump of lost souls exists here too as we know as they continue to snipe from the side-lines, work themselves in to a frenzy, get banned and then repeat.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Diehard tory apologists must be a bit agitated; they continually quote polls, endlessly repeat themselves, mis-spell common words and habitually turn from the subject of the thread....rather than trying to make out a case defending this dreadful government.

Anyway back on track here......

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/29/sleaze-boris-johnson-careless-privilege

It tends to be around this time on the embarrassment scale, when they are totally incapable of putting any case forward even loosely related to the subject, that the account stops posting and another new or long lost account with very similar views kicks into action :lolol:

Jan 30, 2008

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think you are definitely on to something there, large swathes of " Middle England " misguidedly feel their rights are being watered down or lost and they are genuinely upset and scared to lose rights and privileges. About the time of the referendum I saw a vox pops on the tv news with a reporter asking people what they thought about the forthcoming vote, I remember a couple of 50+ish women with their arms folded stood at the front door saying " well there's too many foreigners comin' in and they all have their bloomin 'Uman Rights ! "

They seemed unaware they had the same " 'Uman Rights" as everybody else in the country and somehow felt their advantages in life were being stripped from them. I think the likes of Farage and the right wing media have fanned anger this anger and ignorance to get to where we are today so we get to the point where people will go on radio and say " I don't care what Johnson has done wrong because it gets people like YOU angry "....

You only have to look at the way the Government have framed the new immigration rules as "Ending Freedom of Movement". Of course this is rubbish, Freedom of Movement is alive and well in the rest of Europe. What they've done is ended Freedom of Movement for British people.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Diehard tory apologists must be a bit agitated; they continually quote polls, endlessly repeat themselves, mis-spell common words and habitually turn from the subject of the thread....rather than trying to make out a case defending this dreadful government.

Anyway back on track here......

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/29/sleaze-boris-johnson-careless-privilege

advocating a broken democracy and a country being worse for everyone is somehow a stick to beat the other side with, but then, it is consistent with Brexit

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Great. So why does Marcus Rashford have to be the one helping to feed poor kids?

because politicians wont have a sensible, rational discussion on public policy, instead flit between newspaper lead stories.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You only have to look at the way the Government have framed the new immigration rules as "Ending Freedom of Movement". Of course this is rubbish, Freedom of Movement is alive and well in the rest of Europe. What they've done is ended Freedom of Movement for British people.

I’m free to move around whenever I like ( pandemic permitting) I have something called a passport, it’s a nice ,new blue one [emoji1303][emoji636]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

Great. So why does Marcus Rashford have to be the one helping to feed poor kids?

My wife was contributing to the Breakfast club at her old school, that was years ago. Doesn't matter who runs this country there has and will always be children who don't get a proper meal at home. We do what we can to help others.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My wife was contributing to the Breakfast club at her old school, that was years ago. Doesn't matter who runs this country there has and will always be children who don't get a proper meal at home. We do what we can to help others.

How many years ago?

Did she know your mate who got made redundant in December 2019?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Indeed. There are 27 EU countries who have Freedom of Movement plus those who are in Schengen.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Because their feckless parents can’t be bothered to ?

With supporters like this it's hard to understand how the Tory party ever earned it's "nasty party" mantra...

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
With supporters like this it's hard to understand how the Tory party ever earned it's "nasty party" mantra...

I can assure you, I’m no Tory,but when I see a 20 stone heffer with 30 quid shalac nails,telling the world she can’t afford to feed her kids.... I think someone is telling fibs[emoji2958]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I can assure you, I’m no Tory,but when I see a 20 stone heffer with 30 quid shalac nails,telling the world she can’t afford to feed her kids.... I think someone is telling fibs[emoji2958]

For someone who isn't a Tory you sure sound like one.

Out of interest, are you in favour of punishing kids for the sins of the parents in other areas too?

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That's because of our " Feckless " Prime Minstrel and his hand picked Cabinet.... If you look up the definition of " Feckless " you get. ..... " Lacking initiative or strength of character; Irresponsible " an adjective that perfectly describes Johnson.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's because of our " Feckless " Prime Minstrel and his hand picked Cabinet.... If you look up the definition of " Feckless " you get. ..... " Lacking initiative or strength of character; Irresponsible " an adjective that perfectly describes Johnson.
Prime Minstrel - I like that.

He really is a Pied Piper leading the enchanted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here