Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh, good stalkyMcStalky face is back .. I think I can hear a tiny little voice from my pocket :lolol:

be2129a7d619404a2335c49c0938a3a4--alligators-crocodiles.jpg

But still no answer as to how an ardent Unionist like yourself would get so easily suckered into voting for an Irish sea border.

I would love to hear your thoughts on that one :lolol:

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I always thought as a kid in the 80's how much better and better developed the European, albeit western, countries were we visited on holidays compared to here, let alone now. The sick man of Europe was on the mend back then though, not now. Depressing, as you say.

I spent a wonderful five years in the Netherlands in the late 70s. It left such an impression. Sure, they've got their own problems, but nothing compares to u(s). And we're enduring a long, slow, terminal, endless decline. Brexit isn't the cause of this, it's the symptom of it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
64,000 excess deaths - I wonder what we could have achieved if we just believed more

*edit* I had to go and check the current number

Away with you and your negativity, what we want is [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] and some positive nationalism.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Here's a little nuance that might not have occurred to you. It just might be that it's because we love our country that we don't like what is being done to it. Surely, that's not beyond the bounds of understanding?

I'm not sure if you have noticed but there isn't much tolerance for nuance or conceding that people have different opinions for valid reasons on your side of the political fence so forgive me if I occasionally argue in exactly the same manner.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
When Bill Archer was selling our club down the river, were there Brexiteer types calling everyone whinging moaners and telling us to “get behind the club and support Archer. If you keep being negative then you’re against the club. I’m sure he knows what he’s doing”?

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]I’m impressed, I do believe that’s one of the few times Nibble has ever posted anything that mentions Brighton & Hove Albion!!!!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The thing is though Footy Genius, you're not very bright. You're just a right wing/Tory Party activist.

That's all fine, but don't take yourself too seriously any more with the state of the world as it is.

Very true in one aspect MoS, I blame being edumacated in Thatchers Britain #poorwhiteboyslivesmattertoo :(

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Dominic Raab thinks taking a knee is something from Game of Thrones? Do me a favour. They are all complicit in a shocking ideologically driven failure to protect the people.

It's a symbol of subjugation and subordination, don't you know?
FFS, all they do is watch GoT, and plot how to f&*$ things up even more. That's how narrow their lives are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When Bill Archer was selling our club down the river, were there Brexiteer types calling everyone whinging moaners and telling us to “get behind the club and support Archer. If you keep being negative then you’re against the club. I’m sure he knows what he’s doing”?

Quite.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Very true in one aspect MoS, I blame being edumacated in Thatchers Britain #poorwhiteboyslivesmattertoo :(

Again, I just blame your spelling on you not being the most sharpest crayon in the box. No worries, you're just not very bright.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
If you ever wondered what an invitation to an Islington dinner party would be like .. now you know.

Quite frankly, I think I'd rather take my chances in Islington than rather dine with some of the posters on here. At least there may be a chance of hearing some slightly different insults and views being bounced around the table rather than the same old stuff the same old suspects come up with on NSC.(from both the more intelligent and less intelligent posters.)
Unless you share the Leftie mantra of the NSC politicos, you are almost treated as a persona non grata.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The most sharpest crayon? :lolol::facepalm::lolol:

I appreciate someone like yourself wouldn't perhaps be familiar with that phrase or the irony behind it. Never mind.

I think this new sub forum is a great idea though. It's almost like NSC's version of daytime drinking in Wetherspoon's - you know exactly what you're going to get and who will be in there, but if you don't like it or the clientele then go somewhere else.

We'll see how it evolves. In the meantime, keep alert.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Now that the Johnson government has introduced us to the new game of 'spot the U-turn', I wonder if we are going to get one on the trade deal with the US? The line that we will maintain our high standards in food has always looked to be a questionable red line and their chief negotiator (the splendidly named Robert Lighthizer) is playing hardball saying that the deal hinges on 'fair access for agriculture'. I think we've all got an idea about what that might mean.

We are hardly negotiating form a position of strength. The suspicion is that we'll go with anyone who'll have us - and on their terms.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Now that the Johnson government has introduced us to the new game of 'spot the U-turn', I wonder if we are going to get one on the trade deal with the US? The line that we will maintain our high standards in food has always looked to be a questionable red line and their chief negotiator (the splendidly named Robert Lighthizer) is playing hardball saying that the deal hinges on 'fair access for agriculture'. I think we've all got an idea about what that might mean.

We are hardly negotiating form a position of strength. The suspicion is that we'll go with anyone who'll have us - and on their terms.

Can see the Tories tearing themselves apart on this one, especially on food standards and the impact on British farming.

Lies sooner or later crash into the wall of reality, its coming

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If playing Islington dinner party bingo lookout for keywords such as ..

Gammon

Boris

Racists

Cummings

Brexit

Morons

Fascists

:D

Whereas a night out with you and your chums would be more like a trip to a shitty Liverpool pub. Managing to combine all the culture of a yoghurt pot with the self proclaimed mantra that you're always the victim, it's never your fault. :D

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A really good piece of news.

The rancid but of offal that is Katy Hopkins has been kicked off Twitter.

Another financial stream gone.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yep, who would have expected brexiteers to blame everyone else. Im sure they will be 'blaming' a lot more over the next few years

Not really a question of Blame is it, I'm perfectly happy with this government.

I have you to thank, I guess.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So as I didn't vote for this government or Brexit I am the entitled to say they are a shower of shit, who are just stumbling from one calamity to the next, one U-turn to the next, all the time with smug smiles on their faces!

If you were calling for Brexit to be stopped, or for us to vote again etc, then you kind of did, indirectly, vote for this government. You were even warned that this is the government you would get if you carried on. (I say you, I mean people who thought it would be a good idea to try to ignore the result of the referendum).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here