Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis MacAllister

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Didn't he only initially get a 6 month work permit? Which would have been back in Feb or March so long enough to finish the season.

Don’t believe so. Work permit is length of contract usually and can’t see anything which indicates otherwise online

Let me help you with that, [MENTION=3258]Da Man Clay[/MENTION] - Player’s father confirms offer from Brighton, says work permit could be an issue

..Something interesting claimed by Carlos is that Mac Allister only has a work permit for the next six months, and it’s not guaranteed he’ll be in the same position at the start of next season.

“Today he does not have a community (EU) passport and we don’t know if the permit will be granted after June. Why? Because today, the FA gives it to him for having played most of the games of the last tournament, because he started semifinals of Copa Libertadores, because he was called up to the national team and because Brighton are willing to grant him a special contract that is required. We don’t know if all these conditions are going to happen in June. That’s the only issue that makes noise today.”

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've got a good feeling about Alex Mac. Reckon he's going to bang in a worldy to secure 3 points and keep us up.
Great three seasons in the PL £200m spent and we are relying on a lad who has played 10 minutes to keep us up, The recruitment hasn’t been great and the reluctance to spend on a striker will always be our downfall. Dembele would of been a super signing for us £20m in the PL isn’t that much, Murray scores a tap in at West Ham and earns another season on £40k a week, will never ever understand that.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Great three seasons in the PL £200m spent and we are relying on a lad who has played 10 minutes to keep us up, The recruitment hasn’t been great and the reluctance to spend on a striker will always be our downfall. Dembele would of been a super signing for us £20m in the PL isn’t that much, Murray scores a tap in at West Ham and earns another season on £40k a week, will never ever understand that.

Muzza - easy one. It was nearly the end of the window and we had failed to get another striker in and were looking threadbare upfront.
Meanwhile Muzza had an offer from Notts Forest.
Effectively he could say: “Give me the new contract I want or I’ll leave, leaving you with no-one”.
He (Or his agent) had the club Over a barrel and the club had no choice but to roll over.
Cue generous contract for 36 yo striker.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Muzza - easy one. It was nearly the end of the window and we had failed to get another striker in and were looking threadbare upfront.
Meanwhile Muzza had an offer from Notts Forest.
Effectively he could say: “Give me the new contract I want or I’ll leave, leaving you with no-one”.
He (Or his agent) had the club Over a barrel and the club had no choice but to roll over.
Cue generous contract for 36 yo striker.
Yep I see why he got the deal just will never understand why the club let it get that desperate in the first place. In my mind Bloom isn’t really a gambler in the sense of the word otherwise he would of took a punt on a striker we didn’t have to YouTube to find out who he was.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yep I see why he got the deal just will never understand why the club let it get that desperate in the first place. In my mind Bloom isn’t really a gambler in the sense of the word otherwise he would of took a punt on a striker we didn’t have to YouTube to find out who he was.

I know, I know,
I’m sure getting a Decent striker for the right money isn’t easy. Even so our track record has been generally poor over the years.
Going into this season, our forward line looked undercooked and a massive gamble. So it proved.
For whatever reason, this wasn’t repaired in January.
The lack of firepower will either end up being Part of a learning curve or arguably the biggest factor in seeing us relegated.
50/50 call, for me, at the moment.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Yes strikers score goals, but how many howlers have our guys missed - very few? Our issue is creativity and playing to the strikers strengths(and we could chart that back to CMS if we have to). How many times have we seen a midfielder or winger chip a ball to Maupay or Connolly when they need the ball to feet. Chip or cross to Murray, ball to feet for the shorter nippy guys. We need a consistent run of good games from Trossard and Mooy etc, but neither have delivered more than one game before having a couple of quiet ones

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes strikers score goals, but how many howlers have our guys missed - very few? Our issue is creativity and playing to the strikers strengths(and we could chart that back to CMS if we have to). How many times have we seen a midfielder or winger chip a ball to Maupay or Connolly when they need the ball to feet. Chip or cross to Murray, ball to feet for the shorter nippy guys. We need a consistent run of good games from Trossard and Mooy etc, but neither have delivered more than one game before having a couple of quiet ones
With Ali J being the exception. :shrug:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Personally I think NOT buying a striker was a gamble.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville

Maupay misses a few, mainly first time shots hit over the bar. But I agree about Connolly - that free header he missed at Tottenham was a sickener.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's definitely the biggest benefit to us of the lockdown situation.

Hopefully he will hit the ground running and be a real force. Will have given Potter a lot more time to work with him and the rest of the team to fit him into the structure and shape of the team.

Hope they slot him in to that number 10 role from the start where I think he can do most damage. I'd just be saying to the team get the ball to him as much as possible. He looks like the sort of player that just needs to be on the ball as much as possible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's definitely the biggest benefit to us of the lockdown situation.

Hopefully he will hit the ground running and be a real force. Will have given Potter a lot more time to work with him and the rest of the team to fit him into the structure and shape of the team.

Hope they slot him in to that number 10 role from the start where I think he can do most damage. I'd just be saying to the team get the ball to him as much as possible. He looks like the sort of player that just needs to be on the ball as much as possible.

Alternatively he might find a comfy seat on the bench while Mooy and Groß rip past the opposition.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Dembele would of been a super signing for us £20m in the PL isn’t that much,

You are correct, however, the French footballer chose Lyon over us - a club who'd just finished 3rd in Ligue 1, qualifying for the Champions League, against a club that finished 15th in the Premier League (and probably offered him 50% of the wages).

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Personally I think NOT buying a striker was a gamble.

It definitely was, but given the market for strikers (£40m for Joelinton...), it’s not necessarily a surprise.

We will definitely buy a striker in the summer, but I don’t expect it to be a marquee signing. It’ll be someone in their early 20s for around £10m who we think is worth the risk and can step up. We’ve been linked to a lad called Grbic from Clermont Foot who fits this description.

I still think Maupay can come good with better service. Also looking forward to seeing Gyokeres back in the summer. A tall young hungry striker who can play centrally or out wide. Hope he can make the step up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It definitely was, but given the market for strikers (£40m for Joelinton...), it’s not necessarily a surprise.

We will definitely buy a striker in the summer, but I don’t expect it to be a marquee signing. It’ll be someone in their early 20s for around £10m who we think is worth the risk and can step up. We’ve been linked to a lad called Grbic from Clermont Foot who fits this description.

I still think Maupay can come good with better service. Also looking forward to seeing Gyokeres back in the summer. A tall young hungry striker who can play centrally or out wide. Hope he can make the step up.

The problem with that is strikers in their early 20's who show enough promise to attract the attention of Premier League sides don't cost £10m...

...not even close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here