Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] for those that are bothered - THE FIXTURES ARE OUT..

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I suspect.they will come.up with bizarre exemptions.based on the fact that 15 players testing negative constitutes a team being fit to play.

But with an incubation period of 3-5 days it may well slow the whole process down, and again, with test, track and trace, if a player is contacted, as they will be told they have made contact with someone who has tested positive, that would be both teams would it not?
More questions than answers...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But with an incubation period of 3-5 days it may well slow the whole process down, and again, with test, track and trace, if a player is contacted, as they will be told they have made contact with someone who has tested positive, that would be both teams would it not?
More questions than answers...

None of it is perfect I have little to no belief in it so you're pushing the wrong person. I'm convinced they will push for it to work regardless with some flexible interpretation of the rules that apply to joe public

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
When the games start in 3 weeks it will be full contact, sweating, shoulder to shoulder stuff, if one player contacts Covid then everyone he has has contact with will, under test,track and trace have to isolate for 14 days, I assume professional sportsman are not exempt from this?..

If a player tests positive for coronavirus immediately after the match, they will presumably review the film and identify the players who (under track and trace rules) have spent 15 minutes within 2 metres of him. Man to man markers are the only ones who need to be worried.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
When we're relegated due to our incredibly difficult schedule of opponents, will we go straight into playing 21 teams who've had a long summer break and are well rested? Whilst our players are all in bed or on ventilators?

We're doomed :ffsparr:

(Mostly posted in jest but.....)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
How does all this fit in with test, track and trace? If say an Albion player tests positive after the first game V Arsenal does the whole squad and the whole Arsenal squad have to go into 14 days isolation? I’d have thought so but has this been discussed in any sporting circles so far?..

A team in the Ukrainian Premier League had this yesterday. One player got ill but they'd been training all week so the whole squad is in isolation pending more tests tomorrow. To compound things, their opponents for the game they had to postpone today had bussed half of the 1,300km journey to play them when they found out.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
…had bussed half of the 1,300km journey…

Couldn't ukraine them in?

photo_863901933728079.jpg

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This actually doesn't tell us much at all, since...

"Saturday" fixtures could take place on any of Friday: 20:00, Saturday: 12:30, 15:00, 17:30, 20:00, Sunday: 12:00, 14:00, 16:30, 19:00 or Monday: 20:00
"Tuesday" fixtures could be on any of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 18:00 or 20:00

Saturday, 20 June 2020
Brighton v Arsenal

Saturday, 27 June 2020
Leicester City v Brighton

Tuesday, 30 June 2020 – mid-week fixture list subject to change
Brighton v Man Utd

Saturday, 4 July 2020
Norwich City v Brighton

Tuesday, 7 July 2020 – mid-week fixture list subject to change
Brighton v Liverpool

Saturday, 11 July 2020
Brighton v Man City

Tuesday, 14 July 2020 – mid-week fixture list subject to change
Southampton v Brighton

Saturday, 18 July 2020
Brighton v Newcastle United

Saturday, 25 July 2020
Burnley v Brighton

That’s what I was thinking. Really it’s just a list showing us the remaining games; which we already knew. We are still waiting for the actual fixture list.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If a player tests positive for coronavirus immediately after the match, they will presumably review the film and identify the players who (under track and trace rules) have spent 15 minutes within 2 metres of him. Man to man markers are the only ones who need to be worried.

As a famous sportsman once said ; ‘you cannot be serious !’

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I fell for the BBC mega hype today. I didn’t realise it was that miserly.

Sky sports have committed to showing 25 games free to air, details to be announced later.

That's a decent chunk of their total quota of 64 games.

Amazon also have 4 games, which you can catch with a free 30 day trial of Prime.

BT Sport have 20 matches, but none will be Free to air.

So in total 33 games across BBC , Amazon Prime and Sky Sports will be free to view.

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

So presumably both squad's players on the pitch will be similarly affected. This is probably why they have suggested squads may need to use all their resources including U21 squad players to make up the numbers if large scale numbers have to self isolate under the current 'test track and trace guidelines'.

This could get interesting - last team with a non infected man standing wins!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I too am concerned that Arsenal will already have played one match before we meet them in our first game. They will be experienced in this new arrangement and ‘battle hardened ‘ while we will be green. That is, to me unfair.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Divorce rates about to go up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I too am concerned that Arsenal will already have played one match before we meet them in our first game. They will be experienced in this new arrangement and ‘battle hardened ‘ while we will be green. That is, to me unfair.

Yeah. Not great playing those two extra games first. Massive advantage for those four teams in their next set of fixtures.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Typical talk sport - these fixtures are all subject to change and I would guess at least a third of these will change as there will be games every day . We could potentially play Arsenal on Sunday or even Monday although I think Monday is less likely.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Neither Sky Sports nor the Beeb websites have yet published said detail.

Clubs should certainly explore this one via a ballot match by match.

bak.JPG

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here