Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] for those that are bothered - THE FIXTURES ARE OUT..

Cracking plan, Baldrick, until an infected player kills someone. :ffsparr:

But they have already been tested at least 3 times now so they will only likely get infected from meeting people outside the club, hence if all the players stay together then they cant get infected.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
How does all this fit in with test, track and trace? If say an Albion player tests positive after the first game V Arsenal does the whole squad and the whole Arsenal squad have to go into 14 days isolation? I’d have thought so but has this been discussed in any sporting circles so far?..

this is why it will become a farce....imho.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I too wonder if we will actually see all the games played in time what with inevitable infections and these cup ties being played . I had thought the cup was cancelled - it should be , imho...
Perhaps though the lack of a crowd could work in our favour? I mean, our biggest problem was converting chances and what causes a forward to snatch at it and miss? Tension. He can do it in training ok. So the lack of a crowd may lessen the tension and we will see more Albion goals .
Maybe , or am I clutching at straws?

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Is there an expected announcement to confirm dates and kick off times?

First game is in just over two weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Presumably the first 3 games have a fixed date, so kick off times just need to be arranged for those games.

However as mentioned above by others, The restart of the FA Cup is probably the biggest challenge in agreeing any tv games after the 20th July.

6 of the games for the weekend of 27th/28th, currently have to be rearranged to accommodate the quarterfinals.
4 games will need to be rescheduled from the 18/19 July weekend to accommodate the semis.

Restarting the FA cup is an even more ludicrous decision than restarting the Prem IMO.
Almost certainly a play for Compo to the FA from the EPL.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Premier League 2019/20 fixtures

* fixtures dates and kick-off times are subject to change depending on TV and radio picks

Wednesday, 17 June 2020
Aston Villa v Sheffield United
Man City v Arsenal

Saturday, 20 June 2020
Watford v Leicester City
AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace
Brighton v Arsenal
Man City v Burnley
Newcastle United v Sheffield United
Norwich City v Southampton
Aston Villa v Chelsea
West Ham v Wolves
Spurs v Man Utd
Everton v Liverpool

Saturday, 27 June 2020
Spurs v West Ham
Chelsea v Man City
Burnley v Watford
Man Utd v Sheffield United
Newcastle United v Aston Villa
Norwich City v Everton
Wolves v AFC Bournemouth
Liverpool v Crystal Palace
Leicester City v Brighton
Southampton v Arsenal

Tuesday, 30 June 2020 – mid-week fixture list subject to change
Aston Villa v Wolves
AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle United
Arsenal v Norwich City
Brighton v Man Utd
Crystal Palace v Burnley
Watford v Southampton
Sheffield United v Spurs
West Ham v Chelsea
Man City v Liverpool
Everton v Leicester City

Saturday, 4 July 2020
Man Utd v AFC Bournemouth
Burnley v Sheffield United
Leicester City v Crystal Palace
Newcastle United v West Ham
Norwich City v Brighton
Southampton v Manchester City
Spurs v Everton
Chelsea v Watford
Liverpool v Aston Villa
Wolves v Arsenal

Tuesday, 7 July 2020 – mid-week fixture list subject to change
Crystal Palace v Chelsea
AFC Bournemouth v Spurs
Everton v Southampton
Man City v Newcastle United
Watford v Norwich City
West Ham v Burnley
Arsenal v Leicester City
Sheffield United v Wolves
Aston Villa v Man Utd
Brighton v Liverpool

Saturday, 11 July 2020
Liverpool v Burnley
AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City
Man Utd v Southampton
Norwich City v West Ham
Watford v Newcastle United
Wolves v Everton
Brighton v Man City
Sheffield United v Chelsea
Spurs v Arsenal
Aston Villa v Crystal Palace

Tuesday, 14 July 2020 – mid-week fixture list subject to change
Arsenal v Liverpool
Burnley v Wolves
Chelsea v Norwich City
Crystal Palace v Man Utd
Everton v Aston Villa
Leicester City v Sheffield United
Man City v AFC Bournemouth
Newcastle United v Spurs
Southampton v Brighton
West Ham v Watford

Saturday, 18 July 2020
AFC Bournemouth v Southampton
Aston Villa v Arsenal
Brighton v Newcastle United
Liverpool v Chelsea
Man Utd v West Ham
Norwich City v Burnley
Sheffield United v Everton
Spurs v Leicester City
Watford v Man City
Wolves v Crystal Palace

Saturday, 25 July 2020
Arsenal v Watford
Burnley v Brighton
Chelsea v Wolves
Crystal Palace v Spurs
Everton v AFC Bournemouth
Leicester City v Man Utd
Man City v Norwich City
Newcastle United v Liverpool
Southampton v Sheffield United
West Ham v Aston Villa

Had managed to forget what a nightmare run in that looks like 😬 We’re loose

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If the German league is a benchmark then lots of games are a lottery. Bayern and Dortmund are so far walking their games (playing each other being he exception) but both have lots to play for. My hope is that when we play Liverpool they have already won it and will have nothing left to play for as they’re out of both cups, how much will their players really fancy it in what would be a dead rubber for them? I could see wife’s etc being in players ears then too.

Likewise when we play City they would then have very little to play for in the league but will hopefully still be in the cups.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I too wonder if we will actually see all the games played in time what with inevitable infections and these cup ties being played . I had thought the cup was cancelled - it should be , imho...
Perhaps though the lack of a crowd could work in our favour? I mean, our biggest problem was converting chances and what causes a forward to snatch at it and miss? Tension. He can do it in training ok. So the lack of a crowd may lessen the tension and we will see more Albion goals .
Maybe , or am I clutching at straws?

My particular brand of straw clutching is that the data from the Bundesliga shows less pressing. And we’re truly sh*te when teams press us, but look alright when they don’t

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Some time ago , it was said that if football came back it would be without VAR , due to the difficulties of social distancing in the control box.
Does anybody know if this is still the case?

If they've managed to overcome the fact that 50 people at least from different households will be in close contact whilst sweating all over each other I'm sure this would have been a very small bung in comparison, I mean fix not bung , darn it .

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sky sports have committed to showing 25 games free to air, details to be announced later.

That's a decent chunk of their total quota of 64 games.

Amazon also have 4 games, which you can catch with a free 30 day trial of Prime.

BT Sport have 20 matches, but none will be Free to air.

So in total 33 games across BBC , Amazon Prime and Sky Sports will be free to view.

BT have not come out of this well

No discount/made it difficult to cancel and now now free to air

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
If the German league is a benchmark then lots of games are a lottery. Bayern and Dortmund are so far walking their games (playing each other being he exception) but both have lots to play for. My hope is that when we play Liverpool they have already won it and will have nothing left to play for as they’re out of both cups, how much will their players really fancy it in what would be a dead rubber for them? I could see wife’s etc being in players ears then too.

Likewise when we play City they would then have very little to play for in the league but will hopefully still be in the cups.

Munich were walking their games before the lockdown as well. Excluding Dortmund, three results since lockdown 5-0, 5-2, 2-0. Last three results before lockdown 2-0, 6-0, 3-0. They haven't lost this year.

Dortmund were pretty good too. They also won their last three before lockdown, but not so convincingly - but they did have a run in January of 3 consecutive wins scoring 5 each game. They have form.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon

The Italians have just (yesterday) announced the Serie A restart date, fixture list, times and tv coverage all at the same time. A shame we could not have done the same for the PL.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
At the least the Track and Trace staff will have little trouble tracking down those who have mixed with a player who might develop the virus in the next few weeks between their twice a week testing..Should make their job far easier for isolation purposes.

Under their guidelines 'Contact' with anyone who develops the virus is classed as " meaning a person who has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus and who may or may not live with them" - presumably that will be the whole squad once training has fully resumed with close contact. Or am I miss-interpreting the government guidelines?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
At the least the Track and Trace staff will have little trouble tracking down those who have mixed with a player who might develop the virus in the next few weeks between their twice a week testing..Should make their job far easier for isolation purposes.

Under their guidelines 'Contact' with anyone who develops the virus is classed as " meaning a person who has been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus and who may or may not live with them" - presumably that will be the whole squad once training has fully resumed with close contact. Or am I miss-interpreting the government guidelines?

I think you probably are. "Close contact", as I understand it, means for 15 minutes or so. Not a single touch.

If it turns out that infected coronavirus footballers are passing it on to whole teams, the guidance will change; but the evidence suggests that won't happen.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Some time ago , it was said that if football came back it would be without VAR , due to the difficulties of social distancing in the control box.
Does anybody know if this is still the case?

VAR is still on thank goodness. I don't want us left to the mercy of refs on pitch making decisions at this crucial time!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Absolutely. How are we supposed to sort out tickets, travel and hotels at such short notice without knowing the kick-off times?

oh :down:

Maybe that's the masterplan. All the games are televised but you will never know which game you will get until you tube.in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here