Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gut feeling - Albion saying up or going down?

Gut feeling staying up or going down?

• Total voters

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We seem to expend a lot of energy keeping possession or winning it back.

Whilst some other teams such as CP, Wolves and Watford are happy to forego possession, sit back, then mug teams on the counter. In heatwave conditions, they might prosper the most.

Sadly, I would agree.

I fear for our PL future if this very strange season comes down to a series of football matches.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We seem to expend a lot of energy keeping possession or winning it back.

Whilst some other teams such as CP, Wolves and Watford are happy to forego possession, sit back, then mug teams on the counter. In heatwave conditions, they might prosper the most.

It’ll chuck it down once football starts.....summer will be over :whistle:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m tipping on the pessimist side of fence. It’s not quite happened for Potter but I guess there could still be 3 worse teams than us

So, first of all, I've said we're going down on this thread.

However, I assume if the season gets to an end then all bets placed are on again. And I remember your hole fell out when I asked you to back that prediction of yours, repeated above, up with money.

Never mind, if we get a lower points tally than Hughton got last season I'll still pay the REMF what I promised. They could probably use the money given the cancellation of the charity games and marathon. The tenner I invested on us going down at 10/1 as a misery hedge will probably pay for it anyway.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We'll beat The Arsenal in the first game back, plain sailing from there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
In fact I'm changing my mind. If the most clueless poster on NSC thinks we'll go down, we'll probably stay up.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I think we go down and get those fixtures out so we can arrange trips to Fulham, Forest, Norwich, QPR, Preston, Bristol, Cardiff on Saturdays rather than Sunday 4.30’s at city away.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I think the club have been very open in opinions regarding the current situation, unlike a lot of other clubs who have seemed to keep their own council at least in public.
Due to that I think heads will be elsewhere and sadly with our remaining games we will go down.
Just not sure if the manager has the ability to generate that churchillian effort that will be required on and off the pitch.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I think we go down and get those fixtures out so we can arrange trips to Fulham, Forest, Norwich, QPR, Preston, Bristol, Cardiff on Saturdays rather than Sunday 4.30’s at city away.

There are some brilliant away and home days if we drop but full social contact returns.

However, if 20/21 is going to be mostly behind closed doors then, financially, we have to stay up. Tony would need to shove in a lot more than 8 mill IMO and very likely parachute payments would be reduced.

Extra pressure then, but more of it on the current bottom 3.

Fence - Too tight to call. But Alexis is exciting, after seeing him at Wolves he is a glimmer of hope. We have a decent squad and good enough to stay up, but also us being Brighton, can be ****ing shit in games and we'll lose confidence and go down. So for that reason, I'm fence.

Am I excited football is back, yes and no.

Just feels a bit forced as it's all about the money and football without fans is nothing. Bundesliga has been nice to watch but it's barely exciting as there is no atmosphere etc, it's shite.

However, it'll be nice to watch the Albion and have some excitement back as I'll care about the result rather than some Bundesliga outfit, apart from Bayer Leverkusen of course ;)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So, first of all, I've said we're going down on this thread.

However, I assume if the season gets to an end then all bets placed are on again. And I remember your hole fell out when I asked you to back that prediction of yours, repeated above, up with money.

Never mind, if we get a lower points tally than Hughton got last season I'll still pay the REMF what I promised. They could probably use the money given the cancellation of the charity games and marathon. The tenner I invested on us going down at 10/1 as a misery hedge will probably pay for it anyway.

I genuinely completely forgot, until your post here, about all this season’s PL and CL bets I’ve have on.

Only getting into betting last August .... shows that I’m an amateur.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We can't score enough goals and playing in an empty stadium and being nervous about physical contact isn't going to change that.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Voted fence as I can’t decide. I think empty stadiums could work in our favour though as we have some important ‘away’ games

Never seen such a close poll, currently 40/40/20

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I just have incredible faith in Potter to make the absolute most out of this situation compared with other managers. I think he has the qualities to look maybe outside the box and create game plans and strategies that other teams just won’t cope with.

With Bissouma maintaining his Kante impression backed up by some solid, Dunk led defending, we could really minimise the amount of goals we concede.

It then comes down to taking those chances we create.

Our best shooters need to take pretty much everything that comes their way (such as Strikers like Ings & Wood do). I’d include Murray, Maupay, Trossard and Ali-J amongst our top five but the creativity from the likes of Mooy & Mac Alister could be critical.

Any news on Izquierdo?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Working on the logic that we're capable of beating the likes of Norwich and Newcastle and that most of the good teams we have to play will likely have nothing to play for (also in empty stadiums) by the time we play them, I think we'll stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here