Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lock Me Up or Let Me Out? Which side of the debate are you?

Lock Me Up or Let Me Out?

• I’m a Lock-Me-Upper

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • I’m a Let-Me-Outter

Votes: 23 42.6%

• Total voters

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Where's the option for the middle way - which is what's currently being attempted?

C4 News last night featured a report on a 30-something family man, painter and decorator, whose main 'mistake' seems to have been to go to Cheltenham Races for the Gold Cup. He's out of ICU, just taking his first horribly faltering baby steps towards recovery, will take many months of physio and occupational therapy to make him whole again. Really brought it home

whilst sad , probaby a few hundred got it and were fine at that event. Not news worthy though

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
whilst sad , probaby a few hundred got it and were fine at that event. Not news worthy though

That's a bit of a stupid thing to say isn't it.

No clearly those that didn't catch the virus wasn't news worthy. In the same way as everyone who wasn't murdered on the day Stephen Lawrence was murdered, weren't deemed news worthy!

Maybe an extreme analogy, but just trying to point out the only things the news are going to report are things that are, well news!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where's the option for the middle way - which is what's currently being attempted?

C4 News last night featured a report on a 30-something family man, painter and decorator, whose main 'mistake' seems to have been to go to Cheltenham Races for the Gold Cup. He's out of ICU, just taking his first horribly faltering baby steps towards recovery, will take many months of physio and occupational therapy to make him whole again. Really brought it home

Well, that wasn’t really HIS mistake was it? The chap is just one of many casualties of Johnson’s herd immunity experiment. Allowing Cheltenham to go ahead was always a ridiculous decision, and folk like this are paying for it.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Well, that wasn’t really HIS mistake was it? The chap is just one of many casualties of Johnson’s herd immunity experiment. Allowing Cheltenham to go ahead was always a ridiculous decision, and folk like this are paying for it.

Although - and assuming that’s where he caught it - he went of his own free will. Boris Johnson didn’t make him go.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Let me out.

The country would’ve/was tiring of the restrictions. So reopening in steps is the only way imho.

In Italy:
Small shops reopened ages ago.
Hotels were never officially required to close, now many are reopening.
Large shops and all restaurants open on 18 May.
Gyms, swimming pools and sports centres reopen on 25 May.
Travel to/from the country starts on 3 June, WITHOUT quarantine.

Italian PM Guiseppe Conte said “We're facing a calculated risk in the knowledge that the contagion curve may rise again. We have to accept it otherwise we will never be able to start up again. Italy's businesses could not afford to wait until a vaccine was found, because we would end up with a strongly damaged economic and social structure".

That makes sense.

Personally, we haven’t yet met up with others or needed to travel away from the Brighton conurbation.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The government has eased the lock down rules in order to see if the general public can be trusted to behave themselves with the latter.
Obviously some still cannot help themselves, so I wouldn't be suprised if it goes back to the original ruling.
All in my opinion of course :)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

You normally post such sense on NSc so I can't believe that you have posted this. The whole saga was blowing up at this time and there were questions raised as to whether Cheltenham should go ahead or not. Yes, the Government decided not to ban it, but NOBODY was forced to go - they went, knowing that there was a possible risk of infection and decided to take the chance.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You normally post such sense on NSc so I can't believe that you have posted this. The whole saga was blowing up at this time and there were questions raised as to whether Cheltenham should go ahead or not. Yes, the Government decided not to ban it, but NOBODY was forced to go - they went, knowing that there was a possible risk of infection and decided to take the chance.

Again someone confuses personal risk with the risk to others.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That's a bit of a stupid thing to say isn't it.

No clearly those that didn't catch the virus wasn't news worthy. In the same way as everyone who wasn't murdered on the day Stephen Lawrence was murdered, weren't deemed news worthy!

Maybe an extreme analogy, but just trying to point out the only things the news are going to report are things that are, well news!!!

i meant people that also got it and were absolutely fine

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Lets be honest the UK has never been locked up really. Talk to someone who experienced the lockdown in China or even Spain, that's a lockdown

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Let the under 60’s out. Lock the old and vulnerable up. This is all getting a bit silly now. We never had a real lockdown. We have the highest death rate in Europe. It didn’t work. Can we all just get back on with our lives now please?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Let the under 60’s out. Lock the old and vulnerable up. This is all getting a bit silly now. We never had a real lockdown. We have the highest death rate in Europe. It didn’t work. Can we all just get back on with our lives now please?

I agree but would raise the age to 65, look at the stats for under 65s who are fit (ish) and working. Its in line with severe seasonal flu numbers so I read somewhere ?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Let the under 60’s out. Lock the old and vulnerable up. This is all getting a bit silly now.

This graph shows just how silly it is to keep the under-60s locked up.

ABED7F1D-47F3-4511-AC65-5E2A2600ADCA.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here