Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roadmap out of lockdown

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Feels ambitious at this stage, but if someone could guarantee now (I know, they can't...) that I'd be at the Amex (safely) watching the Albion by this October, I'd be ****ing delighted.

It's mixed for me. The Amex in October sounds wonderful. Waiting to go to a restaurant until August, on the other hand ...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Argh!!!! Why do they have to use this ridiculous phrase. It's a map, not a roadmap. Unless we're all driving?

They have to have a roadmap so they can strategise their priorities and align according to requirements. Then they can workshop some ideas and undertake any left of the line work in order that they can achieve their best endeavours outcomes and, if they're lucky, knock it out of the park.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They have to have a roadmap so they can strategise their priorities and align according to requirements. Then they can workshop some ideas and undertake any left of the line work in order that they can achieve their best endeavours outcomes and, if they're lucky, knock it out of the park.

That right there is blue sky thinking, my friend. Let's touch base Tues and think all around the box.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That right there is blue sky thinking, my friend. Let's touch base Tues and think all around the box.

Indeed, reach out to me and we can jump on a call

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i certainly hope the opening of resturants, pubs, lesuire is quicker than that. it would be quite obsurd if we can get a plane to Italy or Spain and go to a bar, but not to a country pub.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
i certainly hope the opening of resturants, pubs, lesuire is quicker than that. it would be quite absurd if we can get a plane to Italy or Spain and go to a bar, but not to a country pub.

Alas the notion of standing in a (semi) crowded bar, wherever that may be, with people drinking and gradually losing inhibitions and distancing does not appeal to me in any way right now.

Add to that the airport queues in the future, not for me Clive for some time.

Test on entrance, like the drink driving kits would help though!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'd agree with that (mine not yours!) my little girl is becomig ruder and ruder, im sure its down to boredom and being confied to a house with adults that are also trying to work, dont blame her (or anyone) in the slightest, but god i'll be pleased when she gets out again!

Same here and she's utterly addicted to the tablet.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
From the Mirror.

5. October
Possible return of football fans to matches. Gyms could be allowed to re-open. But any further lifting of restrictions to get back to normal life would be in doubt amid fears of a second wave of coronavirus or an outbreak of seasonal flu.

For seasonal Flu?

I hope this is just the Mirror speculating and not actual government policy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From the Mirror.

For seasonal Flu?

I hope this is just the Mirror speculating and not actual government policy.

Yeah that final line baffled me. Doesn't seem right.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Who needs a roadmap ? The press are already CELEBRATING the END OF LOCKDOWN. Disgraceful and dangerous interpretation of a likely cautious and gradual easing of certain restrictions.

press1.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hopefully be a way for outside drinking in less time than is suggested under the name " pubs"

Must be a way and hope they are looking at it

Once you can go out and meet in small groups it shouldnt be a problem? Or is drinking in public illegal over there?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who needs a roadmap ? The press are already CELEBRATING the END OF LOCKDOWN. Disgraceful and dangerous interpretation of a likely cautious and gradual easing of certain restrictions.

View attachment 123222

That's been leaked for all the tabloids to publish like that. The spin machine is whirring.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Blimey, can't wait for my daughter to go back to nursery. I honestly think the isolation from her friends is doing her more harm than good.

Same. A few times when we're out on a walk my boy has seen other young children and excitedly run towards them. It's really sad when I have to stop him :cry:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

View attachment 123222

Irresponsible press again. Can't wait to stick the knife into any person from the government or opposition for the slightest gaff yet they themselves cause most of the hysteria.

This is exactly why the government is right in not publicising anything until it can be done straight away. Problem now is if the dimwits believe this crap now, then forget any social distancing over the weekend. Expect to see idiots attempting to get into pubs.

Tracy Blancmange wearing her pink tracksuit or onesie outside McDonalds demanding it opens so Cherrytart Tinkerbell can have her Big Mac. It's not fair, init.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tracy Blancmange wearing her pink tracksuit or onesie outside McDonalds demanding it opens so Cherrytart Tinkerbell can have her Big Mac. It's not fair, init.

At least Tracy doesn't shoot the Maccy Ds workers as happened in Oklahoma.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's been leaked for all the tabloids to publish like that. The spin machine is whirring.

Not this

Irresponsible press again. Can't wait to stick the knife into any person from the government or opposition for the slightest gaff yet they themselves cause most of the hysteria.

This is exactly why the government is right in not publicising anything until it can be done straight away. Problem now is if the dimwits believe this crap now, then forget any social distancing over the weekend. Expect to see idiots attempting to get into pubs.

This

When Boris speaks on Sunday I'm expecting extreme caution.........he won't have wanted this

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not this

When Boris speaks on Sunday I'm expecting extreme caution.........he won't have wanted this

If you don't think Number 10 is leaking anything to the press, then you're naive.

Boris should not be making statements to the public. The Speaker has already said any statement should be made in Parliament, with proper procedure. Nichola Sturgeon is also stating this.
Accountability.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you don't think Number 10 is leaking anything to the press, then you're naive.

Boris should not be making statements to the public. The Speaker has already said any statement should be made in Parliament, with proper procedure. Nichola Sturgeon is also stating this.
Accountability.

Boris is making a public statement on Sunday. Stop telling me what I am.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here