Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Cancelled Flights/Holiday Refunds

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Thanks for the reply.
Although booked through the resort they were two separate transactions a few days apart (calculated or just processing) both parts were paid on a CC and both exceeded £100 respectively.

Will see what is offered up on May 8th

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok if booked separately it won't be covered under the Package Regs. I'm afraid you are subject to their T&Cs.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Had a holiday booked with TUI for Mexico on the 7th April, spoke to them on the 18th March - cancelled and received confirmation of refund email, still waiting now and heard nothing more. Nightmare, I do understand though there’s not much they can do with reduced staff but the lack of communication they’ve given their customers is really shocking. Luckily enough I have the refund email before they decided to do this credit note palava and I’m not in urgent need of the money, otherwise I’d be spitting feathers.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Had a holiday booked with TUI for Mexico on the 7th April, spoke to them on the 18th March - cancelled and received confirmation of refund email, still waiting now and heard nothing more. Nightmare, I do understand though there’s not much they can do with reduced staff but the lack of communication they’ve given their customers is really shocking. Luckily enough I have the refund email before they decided to do this credit note palava and I’m not in urgent need of the money, otherwise I’d be spitting feathers.

Trust me, they have the staff to do this. They are just sitting on their hands to protect their cashflow. I used to work for them. Still have friends who work there who have said they've been told not to refund any customers unless they make a huge complaint to senior management. They are sitting on hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of refunds which could have been processed weeks ago.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Got flights to Cyprus booked for 26th May. My online booking stills shows that my flight is not cancelled.

We should have flown to Cyprus on March 28th, obviosly this did not happen, we are with TUI, we have had some contact with them, but they are just telling us to be patient, to be honest i have bigger things to worry about at the moment than what TUI owe me in a refund, I will get the money back if its not through TUI it will be through ATOL if not through them then the credit card I used to pay for it.

I refuse to sit on the phone for hours only to be told we are busy and will get to you as soon as we can! As i say i have bigger things to be concerned with and we will get it back eventually.

Deanbha they WON'T cancel the flight. Unless this Covid-19 situation magically dissapears by May 26th and you actually go on your holiday, you will be in a similar situation to us and many thousand others! Good Luck mate :thumbsup:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Booked flights and a car to Seattle with BA. Should have flown last week.
Refund received for the flights but not for the car hire. I emailed them over a month ago to chase up car money, but no response as yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Via a 1/2 marathon being cancelled I found out about a new German consumer law about to be passed which will mean some companies wont have to supply immediate refunds but will offer a voucher which, if unused after a year, automatically results in a refund. I believe it’s a scheme covered by the government ie if company goes bust Merkel will write you a cheque.

I understand it’s only for specific businesses and sectors.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Via a 1/2 marathon being cancelled I found out about a new German consumer law about to be passed which will mean some companies wont have to supply immediate refunds but will offer a voucher which, if unused after a year, automatically results in a refund. I believe it’s a scheme covered by the government ie if company goes bust Merkel will write you a cheque.

That seems reasonable, it looks more than likely a holiday late July will probably not happen, which is fine but if I decide to wait 12 months and go I would like some assurance on the funds the holiday company are holding and have basically not fulfilled what I paid for.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Interesting.

I applied for a refund on flights that I had booked for April from Ryanair. They, obviously, sent me vouchers, and it is proving impossible to get through to a representative to tell them that I don't want these - I want my money back.

These vouchers are valid for a year. After that, will it automatically result in a refund here in the UK, I wonder?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Interesting.

I applied for a refund on flights that I had booked for April from Ryanair. They, obviously, sent me vouchers, and it is proving impossible to get through to a representative to tell them that I don't want these - I want my money back.

These vouchers are valid for a year. After that, will it automatically result in a refund here in the UK, I wonder?

Seeing as the Ryanair CEO has already stated social distancing seating on planes can get stuffed and given his track record in management, I cannot see a refund on the horizon

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Seeing as the Ryanair CEO has already stated social distancing seating on planes can get stuffed and given his track record in management, I cannot see a refund on the horizon

Unless they are legally forced to do so. He can stuff his vouchers, I want my money.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Booked flights and a car to Seattle with BA. Should have flown last week.
Refund received for the flights but not for the car hire. I emailed them over a month ago to chase up car money, but no response as yet.

Norwegian have contacted me three times on car hire, each time setting a new date for refund. The latest is by 31st May due to staff self-isolating and working from home. they are not prepared to commit to any date on refunding flights and the latest is that they will run out of cash by Mid-May. Interesting times.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Ok if booked separately it won't be covered under the Package Regs. I'm afraid you are subject to their T&Cs.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks, had a feeling that would be the case.

I will following up via S75

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Norwegian have contacted me three times on car hire, each time setting a new date for refund. The latest is by 31st May due to staff self-isolating and working from home. they are not prepared to commit to any date on refunding flights and the latest is that they will run out of cash by Mid-May. Interesting times.

I'm playing a waiting game with Norwegian too for July flights which will probably never happen, ignoring their marketing ploy emails trying to get me to rebook for a much later date.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Just a query re section 75.
I’m trying to get a refund from Premier Inn for a booking for two double rooms for two nights in Scotland, as my goddaughter has cancelled her wedding.
I was getting really cheesed off so started filling in the online claim form from MasterCard. I got right to the bottom of the form where I had to tick various boxes, one said ‘I did not purchase this service more than 120 days ago’. Well I made the booking last September when we got the wedding invitation, does that mean I can’t claim? Anyone on NSC work for a bank?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just a query re section 75.
I’m trying to get a refund from Premier Inn for a booking for two double rooms for two nights in Scotland, as my goddaughter has cancelled her wedding.
I was getting really cheesed off so started filling in the online claim form from MasterCard. I got right to the bottom of the form where I had to tick various boxes, one said ‘I did not purchase this service more than 120 days ago’. Well I made the booking last September when we got the wedding invitation, does that mean I can’t claim? Anyone on NSC work for a bank?

Charge back is 120 days I think, S75 doesn't have a time limit.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Trouble is if these companies pay out refunds to everyone the majority of them will not survive this crisis, I’m not happy about it I’m affected myself(waiting on cash from TUI) but I’ve come to understand it a bit more by realising airlines and holiday companies will almost certainly go out of business if everyone got cash refunds, which would lose millions and millions of jobs across Europe.

To me there’s no excuse for the way companies like TUI have communicated throughout, that’s the most despicable thing about most of this to me, is that in such uncertain time’s they have furthered people’s worries by not giving clarity for over a month about what they are actually doing with people’s money. That’s the kind of thing that will taint companies and make people not want to use them in future.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Trouble is if these companies pay out refunds to everyone the majority of them will not survive this crisis, I’m not happy about it I’m affected myself(waiting on cash from TUI) but I’ve come to understand it a bit more by realising airlines and holiday companies will almost certainly go out of business if everyone got cash refunds, which would lose millions and millions of jobs across Europe.

**** em - more than happy making record profits 12 months ago with no flexibility and generally poor service to the customer regardless of circumstances. In the same way they like to quote contract & fare rules to a customer, they need to hold up their end of the bargain. Some may go bust but there will always be people waiting in the wings to pick up the mess and start again. Can't believe all those lease companies are going to be scrapping thousands of planes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here