Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What I find truly funny is that it feels like that with absolutely no effort on our part at all we have mugged Leeds off for a player. The reality of course is that he has always been our player and will continue to be so next season but anyway I look at it Leeds are the losers in this scenario which can only be a good thing. Is he eligible to play v Burnley?.....

No effort that we can see, reality is that it costs 5-10m per year to run a Cat 1 academy, and White has been carefully developed as part of that for 6 seasons now.

He's not eligible to play at Burnley as he turned 22 before Jan 1st of 2020 and therefore has to have been named in the 25 man squad. Do players return for training on 3rd August? I expect to see plenty of first day pics on the official site.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No effort that we can see, reality is that it costs 5-10m per year to run a Cat 1 academy, and White has been carefully developed as part of that for 6 seasons now.

He's not eligible to play at Burnley as he turned 22 before Jan 1st of 2020 and therefore has to have been named in the 25 man squad. Do players return for training on 3rd August? I expect to see plenty of first day pics on the official site.

Although you are correct about his age and he'd have to be included in our 25 man squad the actual reason he's not eligible to play against Burnley is his registration remains with Leeds until the transfer window opens as loan players registrations can only be moved back to parent clubs during a transfer window, hence why you can only recall a season long loan during the January window. His restart loan extension would have covered the possibility of Leeds being involved in the play offs as well so technically the loan hasn't actually finished yet.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
With White now seemingly more suited to the defensive midfielder role I see him as a direct replacement for Stephens - a younger, fitter, hungrier and more valuable player who has proved himself at a high level now has the chance to take it a stage further....at Brighton.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

After Listening to a discussion on the radio the other day about next season, I was under the impression that they get three weeks off

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
After Listening to a discussion on the radio the other day about next season, I was under the impression that they get three weeks off

I thought the implication on Sky the other night was it will be two weeks off with players from teams not involved in Europe returning to training around the 10th?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So funny and entertaining looking at all the Twitter posts and others with them all falling over each other to convince themselves that he is actually theirs and we are not part of the equation

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So funny and entertaining looking at all the Twitter posts and others with them all falling over each other to convince themselves that he is actually theirs and we are not part of the equation

Graceless and ignorant rather than funny and entertaining I think.....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I thought the implication on Sky the other night was it will be two weeks off with players from teams not involved in Europe returning to training around the 10th?

Yes, I think it is 3 weeks off and back on August 17th.

As long as that? I based my assumption of one week off (ie back on 3rd August) on the quote on the official side saying 'beginning of August'. Proposed start of 20/21 season is 12th September, so I'd have thought that 6 weeks of pre-season training and getting the fitness levels back up would seem to be the minimum with them already having had 3 months off.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If I knew how to drive, lived in the u.k and he wasn't in Leeds already I'd drive him there myself for 50m+

That's the point isn't, we are absolutely win win in this situation and the Leeds fans are helping us. Either we get what looks like a quality addition (albeit unproven in the Premier League) to the squad for nothing or Leeds drive up his price so much we walk away with a fortune in our pocket. The Leeds fans really are doing a great job of negotiating up his price for us!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That's the point isn't, we are absolutely win win in this situation and the Leeds fans are helping us. Either we get what looks like a quality addition (albeit unproven in the Premier League) to the squad for nothing or Leeds drive up his price so much we walk away with a fortune in our pocket. The Leeds fans really are doing a great job of negotiating up his price for us!

Yeah, it's brilliant. I hope he plays for us, he's a player who's had a buzz about him for several years and has managed each step up in quality with seeming ease so it'll be disappointing not to see him in a Brighton shirt but if he is sold we're going to get a huge amount of money for a player who's sale won't weaken our current team/squad.

I'm not sure we've ever been in a position like this before?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yeah, it's brilliant. I hope he plays for us, he's a player who's had a buzz about him for several years and has managed each step up in quality with seeming ease so it'll be disappointing not to see him in a Brighton shirt but if he is sold we're going to get a huge amount of money for a player who's sale won't weaken our current team/squad.

I'm not sure we've ever been in a position like this before?

No, never. It's very Chelsea!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here