Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It amazes me no poll has been posted yet.....you know who will Ben White be playing for next season? I'm not going to do it, I dont want to stir things up but would vote on it...:O

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Must admit, I think White will hand in a transfer request. Having his GF Dad in his ear, A

His girlfriends dad in his ear? I'm sure he'll tell him to do one - what about his parents based down in Dorset?

Ben White is going to have a terrible career if he is guided by his current flings father - and only being able to be managed by a 65 year old Marcelo Bielsa

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Is this the shittest and most boring transfer SAGA we've ever been involved in? I'm struggling to think of one shitter or more boring.

Bridcutt to Sunderland was just as shit, but it didn't go on as long, and as Gus was involved it was never BORING.

This though. ****ing hell. Any other contenders?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

It has made me sympathise with what Leicester fans have had to put up with in the last few years.
They've now endured transfer sagas for Maguire, Vardy, Mahrez and now Chilwell.

Looking at it as an outsider I think Leicester and their fans dealt with it all quite well.
i.e. "This is our price, take it or leave it".

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Why would any club who want to retain a player loan that player to Leeds ? Their only response at the end of the loan period should have been "Thank-you Ben, best of luck with your career. You will always be welcome at Leeds. And thank-you to Brighton & Hove Albion - you have a fine prospect there.".

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Feel a bit for Ben White who has got himself in a difficult position. In any other walk of life, if you fancy a job change, whether feeling stale at your old work place or attracted to a new one, you can make the move with little hassle. Football remains a very different environment even with freedom of contract. The kid obviously wants the move and it is naive to think otherwise (Leeds would not be bidding if the club and agent hadn't agreed his contract in principle).

This was my favourite part. It's amazing how few Leeds fans have the first understanding of contracts and why they are in place. Although I suppose as Leeds are trying to wriggle out of their contract with Leipzig, perhaps it shouldn't be a surprise their fans show no regard for them either.

Headliner, how would you feel if KP spoke to someone at Real Madrid, and then told Leeds he was leaving, regardless of his contract? Or what if the shoe is on the other foot and the club tells a player "sorry, I know we both signed a 4-year contract, but we're fed up with paying your salary so we're letting you go". The contracts protect both parties.

Do you realise that Ben and Leeds cannot have agreed a contract in principle, as that is against the League rules and is considered tapping up. If that turns out to be the case, you might find that other clubs won't want to loan you players. We may find that clubs are also hesitant to deal deals with Leeds that aren't straight cash deals, given your recent integrity.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Why would any club who want to retain a player loan that player to Leeds ? Their only response at the end of the loan period should have been "Thank-you Ben, best of luck with your career. You will always be welcome at Leeds. And thank-you to Brighton & Hove Albion - you have a fine prospect there.".

At the start, their antics were kind of amusing and funny, but now they’re actually really starting to annoy me.

Who exactly do they think they are?

How hard is it to say the above post, instead of demanding we ‘free’ Ben white? The arrogance of some of these people.

It’s going to be a derby game next year, all because of the Ben White saga. I’m looking forward to it.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I didnt only say his his GF Dad, but his Agent will be extremely prominent in this. As to Ben parents, well you would hope they (and he) would think of Brighton taking a chance on him as a rejected 16 year old from Saints. I still think he will hand in a transfer request - if nothing else than his agent ensuring that Ben looks to drive a bit more cash from a new contract from Brighton. Lets see

His girlfriends dad in his ear? I'm sure he'll tell him to do one - what about his parents based down in Dorset?

Ben White is going to have a terrible career if he is guided by his current flings father - and only being able to be managed by a 65 year old Marcelo Bielsa

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If the right money is put on the table we will sell, otherwise he will remain with us - the club have stated this several times over other on-going sagas with transfers out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course. For clarity, I should have said “both sets of fans who are getting sucked into this ludicrous fiasco are behaving like rabid hyenas and should be consigned to the looney bin ASAP”. Better?

Give an example of Brighton fans behaving like rabid hyenas!

This is a long thread because posters on Nsc cannot believe what the Leeds fans are doing, demanding BW be ‘freed’ from Brighton who not only holding him hostage, but colluding with Amex in human trafficking!
They are acting like love sick teenagers because they can’t get the love of their life.
Even more incredulous is using a bromance between Kevan Phillips & White, whereas their usual MO is to call anyone associated with us, queers or homosexuals.
Maybe you haven’t read the thread from the beginning? In 60 years of following the Albion, I’ve never seen anything like it, and it’s hilarious.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
None of those were SAGAs though were they GNLF.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'l give you Veltman not being a saga.

But surely Vicente and Ali J were sagas. And not just saga's but both were a SAGA for the AGES. Surely? Vicente from the sheer disbelief...he can't be, can he? Impossible! No chance. What he's been spotted in a restaurant? Clandestine photo taken? Then the agonising wait.

Ali J took several YEARS. The initial excitement. The being turned down. It's back on after several years! Is he coming? Flights tracked. He's here but in the midlands(i think....). Saga saga saga that one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure if this is real or not, but the number of retweets and likes before it got taken down. Verified account too on the original post by Fabrizio Romano

[tweet]1292949087491416070[/tweet]
Removed because it is nonsense.

The reported asking price is £40 million, not €33 million.

The original source of this must try harder.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This was my favourite part. It's amazing how few Leeds fans have the first understanding of contracts and why they are in place. Although I suppose as Leeds are trying to wriggle out of their contract with Leipzig, perhaps it shouldn't be a surprise their fans show no regard for them either.

Headliner, how would you feel if KP spoke to someone at Real Madrid, and then told Leeds he was leaving, regardless of his contract? Or what if the shoe is on the other foot and the club tells a player "sorry, I know we both signed a 4-year contract, but we're fed up with paying your salary so we're letting you go". The contracts protect both parties.

Do you realise that Ben and Leeds cannot have agreed a contract in principle, as that is against the League rules and is considered tapping up. If that turns out to be the case, you might find that other clubs won't want to loan you players. We may find that clubs are also hesitant to deal deals with Leeds that aren't straight cash deals, given your recent integrity.

He is just the latest leeds fan to turn up on here spouting the same nonsense they regurgitate to each other to make themselves feel better. Believes what he wants to believe. One of the saddest things in modern football is obsessive supporters signing up to other teams’ forums. There will be others until Ben signs his new contract at the Albion. Don’t worry, these thickies won’t be here for much longer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Give an example of Brighton fans behaving like rabid hyenas!

This is a long thread because posters on Nsc cannot believe what the Leeds fans are doing, demanding BW be ‘freed’ from Brighton who not only holding him hostage, but colluding with Amex in human trafficking!
They are acting like love sick teenagers because they can’t get the love of their life.
Even more incredulous is using a bromance between Kevan Phillips & White, whereas their usual MO is to call anyone associated with us, queers or homosexuals.
Maybe you haven’t read the thread from the beginning? In 60 years of following the Albion, I’ve never seen anything like it, and it’s hilarious.

This. Especially the bit about it being hilarious.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Exactly. If Ben White had got injured in February, say, and missed the rest of the season, then I don't suppose Leeds would have been begging us to let him stay in Yorkshire because he was such big mates with Kalvin Phillips and he loves the club. Contracts protect the interests of all parties.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is he there yet?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

In fairness to Leeds (the actual club management), they are also within their right to put in offers (through the right channels) in the hope of buying the player, which they have done. From what I've seen (and I've only dipped in and out), the official statements coming out of Leeds have been along the right lines - "we'd like the player & are putting in offers, but he is contracted to Brighton and there was no option to buy" or words to that effect...

If they have tapped him up (and we only have rumours from their fans to go on), then that's another matter, which would likely play into our hands too.

It's the twattish fans making all the noise, rather than the club. Some of it's quite amusing and I'd say the majority is tongue in cheek. It's the morons that just don't seem to comprehend that it's Brighton holding all the cards here and that the mighty Leeds wanting a player just means it will happen...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yeah, I'l give you Veltman not being a saga.

But surely Vicente and Ali J were sagas. And not just saga's but both were a SAGA for the AGES. Surely? Vicente from the sheer disbelief...he can't be, can he? Impossible! No chance. What he's been spotted in a restaurant? Clandestine photo taken? Then the agonising wait.

Ali J took several YEARS. The initial excitement. The being turned down. It's back on after several years! Is he coming? Flights tracked. He's here but in the midlands(i think....). Saga saga saga that one.

AJ especially. Our goons were all over twitter on that one.

Football fan bases are pretty similar. Most are pretty decent but a small amount of loud nobs on social media.

Leeds have more fans so have more nobs.

It is what it is. Most of them are fine , more fool anyone getting upset by some kids on twitter . Its meaningless

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Removed because it is nonsense.

The reported asking price is £40 million, not €33 million.

The original source of this must try harder.

It wasn't removed; it was never there. It's a fake Tweet (they are really easy to make with free apps). Something that got 3.7K retweets would have got a bit more publicity and discussion on here and equivalent Leeds forum and social media!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here