Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Masks

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Not sure how masks will stop the spread when people seem to think it's ok to drop them on the pavement, discard them in the park, hang them on branches .... after use. I just despair tbh

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not sure how masks will stop the spread when people seem to think it's ok to drop them on the pavement, discard them in the park, hang them on branches .... after use. I just despair tbh

Totally agree a good proportion of this country’s residents don’t give a shit anymore, on a side note Nibble will be along soon moaning about how people haven’t a clue how to wear them properly [emoji23]

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
That's going to be a big thing in my mind come Winter. There will be a massive rise in crime in local stores as this is going to be an open goal for thiefs.

Police: "Can you describe what the perpetrator looked like?"

Shop staff: "No. I could only see his eyes as he had a mask over his face and a beanie hat over his head."

:rolleyes:

True.

Minor victory today - first trip to a supermarket since masks were compulsory. Wife is rather paranoid about them - not so much wearing them, but feels intimidated by seeing other people in masks. She has anxiety issues, but we got round Tesco without her freaking out. When you've believed your whole life that only bad guys wear masks, and people that conceal their identity have something to hide, it's not easy for some people to adjust to the new culture.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
808EEC8B-E2BC-47BF-A967-6CFAA5772CB8.jpeg

This is wrong.

Children not have to wear masks and it’s profiteering from scaremongering

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Supermarket visits down 2 million since masks enforced

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nor does that help shops, no extra purchases or popping into shops as you are in town

The point I am making is that wearing masks has not made people feel safer and traffic up as the government said it would, it is the opposite. Yet another thing they have got wrong. Have they got anything right in the last 5 months ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The point I am making is that wearing masks has not made people feel safer and traffic up as the government said it would, it is the opposite. Yet another thing they have got wrong. Have they got anything right in the last 5 months ?

I agree with you.

People will wear masks to get to work etc but won’t wear them for stuff that isn’t needed.

If they had brought masks out at the start it would have been completely different

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
I agree with you.

People will wear masks to get to work etc but won’t wear them for stuff that isn’t needed.

If they had brought masks out at the start it would have been completely different

Have had masks here since March 12th. Currently only now needed for metro, but govt bringing back Sept 1st to prevent any 2nd wave.
Even though currently you are not obliged to wear them,, I would say a good 40-50% still wearing them everywhere.
I really dont understand the pushback in the UK towards them. Its pretty strange if you ask me. Its not a big deal, at all.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Have had masks here since March 12th. Currently only now needed for metro, but govt bringing back Sept 1st to prevent any 2nd wave.
Even though currently you are not obliged to wear them,, I would say a good 40-50% still wearing them everywhere.
I really dont understand the pushback in the UK towards them. Its pretty strange if you ask me. Its not a big deal, at all.

It’s not a big deal, but at the same time if people don’t like to wear them they are not doing to put themselves in a position where they have to wear them?

To make it clear - I’ve won a mask without fail since it was made law.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
It’s not a big deal, but at the same time if people don’t like to wear them they are not doing to put themselves in a position where they have to wear them?

To make it clear - I’ve won a mask without fail since it was made law.
'

Yeah I know many are compliant but its pointless if there is a large percentage who dont.
Seems like the UK is becoming a nation of people, who make emotional decisions rather than practical. Same as Brexit.
Have seen the term 'sheeple' regarding masks on NSC even. When the world is covering up, its sort of real.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
'

Yeah I know many are compliant but its pointless if there is a large percentage who dont.
Seems like the UK is becoming a nation of people, who make emotional decisions rather than practical. Same as Brexit.
Have seen the term 'sheeple' regarding masks on NSC even. When the world is covering up, its sort of real.

How many are not though?

I can only go on what I’ve seen and I’ve not seen anyone on public transport/shop without one on.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

US, I'll not having a go but I'm sure you were on the good news thread in April saying everything was fine, the press were in an anti government conspiracy and now wasn't the time to criticize the government. What changed?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
US, I'll not having a go but I'm sure you were on the good news thread in April saying everything was fine, the press were in an anti government conspiracy and now wasn't the time to criticize the government. What changed?

What changed is everything

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
How many are not though?

I can only go on what I’ve seen and I’ve not seen anyone on public transport/shop without one on.

Good to hear, but is that now or since the outbreak began? Personally think its taken too long.to reach this point.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
In Wuhan, things are great, life is back to normal. Don't let anyone in the West know that though!

God forbid you need to wear a mask or go into government quarantine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here