Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 17th April 2017. How was yours?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Significantly better than 17th April 2020 promises to be.

I have to say I much preferred the second pitch invasion after the Huddersfield result came in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What an incredible day. So glad and lucky to be able to say I was there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Best day EVER as an Albion fan. This was the day when performances on the pitch took a nosedive though as the players got their flip flops on and went partying. Shame but what a day anyway

Being around the press box and right beside the celebrating players and TB was very special

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On final whistle stewards were determined to stop people on our NS aisle from getting on the pitch, despite the pitch filling, my young son held by a steward. A determined heave at the back of the scrum, soon sorted that out.

An amazing day. Knockaert leading the chants of "To-Mer, To-Mor Hemed" still fresh in the mind.

But wish I'd joined the train and West Street celebrations in the evening.

It's doesn't get much better.

The funny thing is, I can't remember the winning goal.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
My off duty meant I missed out my family and friends were celebrating while I was at work. Gutted but very happy at the same time. It was just the way it worked out with our results. I also missed out on the parade too!!!

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Significantly better than 17th April 2020 promises to be.

I have to say I much preferred the second pitch invasion after the Huddersfield result came in.

This.....celebrating that goal more than the ones we scored, bundling out of the NS concourse back on to the pitch..........and players coming out of their lounge were all as shitfaced as we were by that point, it was hilarious.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
What a day. Remember my son in the North with me saying Dad can we go on the pitch. No son we have been asked not to. 2 minutes later both of us on it with the thousands of others. Great memories that I will never forget

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That has brought tears to my eyes. I now appreciate so much more what we had and I just hope we can return to normality sometime in the next year. I may consider not ever complaining about flasks again.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wonderful memories. Daughter and I were stood at the pathway outside waiting for the players to leave when an almighty scream emerged from the North concourse. Ran back in to see the final whistle at Huddersfield and then on to the pitch. Being the last on we were at the back, until the players emerged from the East stand. We were now at the front. Drank the North dry of Harveys.
Only regret. Train afterwards. Lewes or Brighton? Went to Lewes. Oh well.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I made a playlist of the best bits

[video]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_YPbKyfgmUoaBn Az4ZXpvHhgpHDwC5s2[/video]

el punal

Thank you, you buggers! I would have been there for ALL of it. Our darling daughter was working in Mexico at the time and invited me and Mrs.Punal over for a holiday which coincided with the games leading up to our promotion. First off, stuck at Heathrow for our outbound flight as we beat QPR 2-1 - which I had a ticket for. I would have gone to the Wolves away game as well, and finally, to miss the clincher against Wigan was hard to bear even as I lay on the beach at the resort of Tulum. Life is sooo unfair. :tantrum:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Happy day! Drove 300 miles mid-holiday to be there. Imagine if they'd not clinched it that day! 17 April is also my wedding anniversary, so a favourite date for me and the Monkey.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A fantastic day, we were in the ESU so run the risk of going outside and coming back in the ESL, it was worth it, a great post match Harvey's (or two) also

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Absolutely ****ing mental in the NS Concourse when promotion was finally confirmed. What a day!

The NS after was superb, seemed to meet up with so many from Withers etc, it was emotional, a laugh and a hangover!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here