Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jogging idiots disengaging their brains!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Isn't there a certain selfish/lazy element of 'everyone should move for me' about some of these complaints?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Slightly OT but now that there are significantly less cars on the road an increasing number of cyclists are now riding on the pavement. Idiots.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems pretty straightforward to me. If you're running in a particular direction then if you have a full view of what's ahead of you then you can and SHOULD take avoiding action. Even if that means moving into the middle of the road facing oncoming traffic which will usually be pretty much non existent nowadays anyways

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seems pretty straightforward to me. If you're running in a particular direction then if you have a full view of what's ahead of you then you can and SHOULD take avoiding action. Even if that means moving into the middle of the road facing oncoming traffic which will usually be pretty much non existent nowadays anyways

Yep. Absolutely 100% this (as a runner). I simply drop off the pavement into the road if that's the easiest thing to do - there's very little traffic to worry about, just need to watch for marauding gangs of lycra-clad cyclists in formation :whistle:. I'm sticking mostly to roads rather than trails now to avoid having to open gates, climb over stiles and because they are much busier with walkers and more difficult to easily pass people etc - although luckily I have a few places to run off road that know will be very quiet.

Edit- I see Paris have banned jogging between 10am and 7pm

The Paris authorities have banned daytime jogging in a bid to reduce contact between people and help slow the spread of the virus.

Going out for a run is permitted under France’s lockdown rules, but in Paris doctors fear too many people are going out during daylight hours and not keeping the correct distance apart.

The authorities also suspect some people are claiming to be taking their daily exercise, but in fact are just getting out of their homes. So it’s been decided to ban jogging between 10 in the morning and seven in the evening.

Paris has seen a surge of cases of coronavirus in the last week, with no sign yet of the wave having peaked.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Cyclists to the left of me,
Joggers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you

Could be a virus hit

It's not about you joggers who go 'round and 'round and 'round and 'round and 'round - All the people, So many people, And they all go hand in hand, Hand in hand through their parklife..............

Unfortunately too many joggers do think it's all about them. They're not listening to HM Government guidelines, let alone Phil Daniels and Blur.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I posted on another thread just now that Paris is going to ban joggers from tomorrow between the hours of 10.00am and 7.00pm.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Isn't there a certain selfish/lazy element of 'everyone should move for me' about some of these complaints?

yep, it's a dog-eat-dog culture of rage and ....me me me culture, it's at epidemic levels in Britain at the moment. They said Brexit divided us,but this is another level. All against all mentality is going to take a long time to eradicate from society long after this virus has gone.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
People who don't exercise (or who aren't at that time exercising) really seem to have it in for people who are exercising. It's very weird. Maybe some degree of jealousy?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's not about you joggers who go 'round and 'round and 'round and 'round and 'round - All the people, So many people, And they all go hand in hand, Hand in hand through their parklife..............

Unfortunately too many joggers do think it's all about them. They're not listening to HM Government guidelines, let alone Phil Daniels and Blur.

The official policy (law) doesn't have any time limit on exercise other than 'once a day' etc. What bit of the 'guidelines' are we not listening to ? Please don't quote Gove's throwaway '30 mins' remark either.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Slightly OT but now that there are significantly less cars on the road an increasing number of cyclists are now riding on the pavement. Idiots.

Hmm, not sure about that, I’m loving the emptier roads on my cycle commute into work, although there are still far too many private cars on the road making potentially unnecessary journeys for my money.

For the record, I’m anti car, while joggers and runners are just ‘look at me’ CJTCs, every single one of them, the Lycra-clad women amongst them usually high maintenance nightmares.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I try and go for a run every day whilst I can, and I have to admit I try really hard to choose routes that have masses of space around them because although I appreciate pedestrians don't want me anywhere near them, I don't either! What frustrates me isn't pedestrians or runners, it's people who make literally no effort to help with distancing.

What I don't really get is why there's so much preciousness over who "owns" the path, if I'm walking or running and I see someone I do my best to keep as far away as I can. The issue, as is often the case, isn't walkers vs. runners, it's people getting their exercise sensibly vs. people who refuse to keep a social distance.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
E0D92788-62E4-466F-9C52-D1605A4403D7.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here