Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris in hospital

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whatever you think of him- or, equally topically, the Queen- it would be a massive issue if either of them should depart this mortal coil any time soon.

You can't have a state funeral if nobody is allowed out of their house. Plus you just know loads of people would feel compelled to breach the lockdown guidelines and go to Buckingham Palace if the worst happened to the Queen.

There's a reason she's been spirited away to Windsor Castle for several weeks. I wonder what the deal is with her closest staff? Whether they have to be checked regularly for symptoms before being allowed near her or the Duke of Edinburgh?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
To be honest it's annoying me how many people feel the need to say 'i don't agree with his policies but..' as if it's a badge if honour to say you disagree with him but you hope he's ok.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be honest it's annoying me how many people feel the need to say 'i don't agree with his policies but..' as if it's a badge if honour to say you disagree with him but you hope he's ok.

You can be as annoyed as you like, but love him or loathe him, he has actually displayed leadership qualities through this crisis so far. I hope he recovers; for now, we need him - the alternatives generally aren't impressive. He (or more probably the experts advising him) may or may not have got everything right, but to lose the PM now would be a huge blow.
Impressive though Rishi Sunak has been, he's still young, and inexperienced - it would be too big an ask to ask him to step up now.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You can be as annoyed as you like, but love him or loathe him, he has actually displayed leadership qualities through this crisis so far. I hope he recovers; for now, we need him - the alternatives generally aren't impressive. He (or more probably the experts advising him) may or may not have got everything right, but to lose the PM now would be a huge blow.
Impressive though Rishi Sunak has been, he's still young, and inexperienced - it would be too big an ask to ask him to step up now.

I wholeheartedly agree, I hope he pulls through and every other of the poor souls who are and who will be in hospital with this dreadful disease. I'm just not going to have to declare my political dislike of him before offering the caveat of hoping he pulls through.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I wholeheartedly agree, I hope he pulls through and every other of the poor souls who are and who will be.in hospital with this dreadful disease. I'm just not going to have to declare my political dislike of him before offering he caveat of hoping he pulls through.
Fairy nuff.

I'm not a fan, although I did reluctantly vote for him this time round. Hope it's OK to to declare my political stance after I've expressed the hope that he recovers! :wink:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I hope he recovers too but I also hope that the nurse that looks after him has full PPE.
Because I have just come off of Skype to my neice who is a nurse in ICU at a North London hospital.
Knackered after a 12 hour shift, the average of 3 on her ward died last night but it can be as high as 5, on that ward alone.
She fully expects that at least 2 of her patients won't make it through tonight.
Down in the morgue that have to pile the bodies up one on top of another as there is no more room to lay them side by side.
Have you got full PPE and have you been tested I asked.
Not really and no she said.
She looked so drained and tired.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Which of the wonderful members of this site last week said he was faking all of this because he didn’t want to meet the press?

Anyone find the original post?

I thought when he was on last week looking bloody awful something was up!

I hope he pulls through this one!

Boris Johnson and Matt Hancock test positive for Covid-19

Sorry, but refuse to believe a word that comes out of that guy's mouth. Has all the hallmarks of a strategic move by Dominic 'Let The Old People Die' Cummings. Any chance of an independent medical second opinion? Thought not.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Let's not allow politics or simple prejudice take away from simple humanity and decency.. He is a human being just like us, an expectant father who has been hospitalized with a potential deadly illness.

Get well soon Boris !

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The headline in the Guardian is "Who runs the country if Boris Johnson is out of action?" Surely the answer's simple : Cummings just like before

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The headline in the Guardian is "Who runs the country if Boris Johnson is out of action?" Surely the answer's simple : Cummings just like before
Gove , God help us ffs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wish him a speedy recovery.

He may just because of this done the country and maybe elsewhere too, as this is being featured in the news abroad, a big favour in that that some of the people not doing the right in social distancing and lock-down might finally take heed of the instructions being given and appreciate the seriousness of all this. I have used the word 'some' in my previous sentence, as I fully appreciate there are certain people who never will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here