Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris in hospital

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What impact do you think not clapping for the NHS would have?

In terms of ending the coronavirus epidemic? None at all. Silly question.

In terms of encouraging those brave men and women (not just in the NHS, but those caring for those the NHS doesn't deal with - on half the pay and without any PPE too) who risk their lives getting in and around and caring for people with this horrible lethal virus - it means everything.
Perhaps you're the sort of person who would have watched the young pilots flying our to take part in the Battle of Britain and responded, "Nah, they're just stroppy kids having the time of their lives playing in aeroplanes". No, probably you're not - but why come across as a pr*t with that sort of post?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m not going to start a new thread but Jimmy Greaves has been taken into hospital with an undisclosed illness.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If the PM is in intensive care for long, we'll get a Dominic effect.

I'll get my coat.

You do the pedantry, I'll do the jokes, OK? :wink: :thumbsup:

(actually that was quite good :bowdown:) :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is anyone else finding the media's fascination with who is leading, who is making decisions, can Rabb sack people, can Raab launch the nukes etc. all a bit nauseating?

I tend to switch R5 on, listen for a minute, then switch it off and listen to some music.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’m not going to start a new thread but Jimmy Greaves has been taken into hospital with an undisclosed illness.
I believe he has not been well for some time.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is anyone else finding the media's fascination with who is leading, who is making decisions, can Rabb sack people, can Raab launch the nukes etc. all a bit nauseating?
No. I find it interesting.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Boris Johnson.

A man who has lived his entire life recklessly, selfishly, irresponsibly; without any regard for the consequences. Because he's never needed to. His enormous privilege has protected him from any repercussions.

He is a proven pathological liar, swaggering through the years with no empathy or concern for anyone but himself. Indeed, recently bragging about shaking hands with Corona virus patients. As if it was just another laugh; a jape; just another moment in a life less honourable.

There is a grim irony to him finally, in this manner, being confronted by the consequences of his behaviour. Even he can't lie & bluster his way out of this mess.

One can only hope that the Prime Minister, as he languishes in intensive care, courtesy of the NHS that he and his party have done so much to destroy, deeply regrets the cheering & jeering doled out to nurses by he and his colleagues; when they voted down a payrise for those heroes. If he's lucky he'll now be finding out exactly how valuable these people are.

My brother, sadly, wasn't lucky.
Jas, 54, died of Covid-19 in Nottingham's Queens Medical Centre a week last Saturday night. Unlike the Prime Minister there was no ventilator for Jas.
'Operation: Last Gasp', right, Prime Minister?

I then stood on an empty street, shouting to be heard over the wind, no privacy, no dignity, to tell an old man on a doorstep his child had died. The most indescribably awful duty I've ever had to carry out.

There will, of course, be those idiots, those hypocrites, those bootlickers, who will condemn me for 'politicising' both my own loss & Boris Johnson's condition. They can't grasp that politicians making political decisions and political choices impact people's lives. And sometimes end them. As Jas found out.

Do I wish Johnson dead? No. Do I wish dead the selfish, the greedy and the stupid who voted for him and still, even now, support him? Those who were perfectly happy to ignore the systematic destruction of the NHS while they were all right Jack? Again, no.

My sympathy, however, remains with the terrified & heartbroken victims of this crisis. The appalling & callous mishandling of which is unavoidably the responsibility of Boris Johnson.

It would be nice to think that lessons will be learned; that, individually and collectively, we will discover our self-respect and understand that governments only ever treat us the way we allow; that, when this is over, an enormous reorganisation of the nation’s priorities will be undertaken, by both the politicians and the electorate; that, at last, people will concern themselves with the value of others and much less with the cost of things.

If Boris Johnson, in any way, might be that catalyst then he will have done at least one noble thing in his life.

My breath, however, remains unheld.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Boris Johnson.

A man who has lived his entire life recklessly, selfishly, irresponsibly; without any regard for the consequences. Because he's never needed to. His enormous privilege has protected him from any repercussions.

He is a proven pathological liar, swaggering through the years with no empathy or concern for anyone but himself. Indeed, recently bragging about shaking hands with Corona virus patients. As if it was just another laugh; a jape; just another moment in a life less honourable.

There is a grim irony to him finally, in this manner, being confronted by the consequences of his behaviour. Even he can't lie & bluster his way out of this mess.

One can only hope that the Prime Minister, as he languishes in intensive care, courtesy of the NHS that he and his party have done so much to destroy, deeply regrets the cheering & jeering doled out to nurses by he and his colleagues; when they voted down a payrise for those heroes. If he's lucky he'll now be finding out exactly how valuable these people are.

Jas, 54, died of Covid-19 in Nottingham's Queens Medical Centre a week last Saturday night. Unlike the Prime Minister there was no ventilator for Jas.

I then stood on an empty street, shouting to be heard over the wind, no privacy, no dignity, to tell an old man on a doorstep his child had died. The most indescribably awful duty I've ever had to carry out.

There will, of course, be those idiots, those hypocrites, those bootlickers, who will condemn me for 'politicising' both my own loss & Boris Johnson's condition. They can't grasp that politicians making political decisions and political choices impact people's lives. And sometimes end them. As Jas found out.

Do I wish Johnson dead? No. Do I wish dead the selfish, the greedy and the stupid who voted for him and still, even now, support him? Those who were perfectly happy to ignore the systematic destruction of the NHS while they were all right Jack? Again, no.

My sympathy, however, remains with the terrified & heartbroken victims of this crisis. The appalling & callous mishandling of which is unavoidably the responsibility of Boris Johnson.

It would be nice to think that lessons will be learned; that, individually and collectively, we will discover our self-respect and understand that governments only ever treat us the way we allow; that, when this is over, an enormous reorganisation of the nation’s priorities will be undertaken, by both the politicians and the electorate; that, at last, people will concern themselves with the value of others and much less with the cost of things.

If Boris Johnson, in any way, might be that catalyst then he will have done at least one noble thing in his life.

Really sorry to hear of your loss, and deeply sorry for your family’s loss.

And agree with the rest of your post. 100%.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sounds to me like we should have an election. When Tories get back in have another then another then another.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Boris Johnson.

Please don't post (probably) made up nonsense. It is an opinion,political and nasty just as it calims Boris is nasty it fals into the same trap.

Really sorry to hear of your loss, and deeply sorry for your family’s loss.

And agree with the rest of your post. 100%.

It is not his post it is from facebook, various forums.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Please don't post (probably) made up nonsense. It is an opinion,political and nasty just as it calims Boris is nasty it fals into the same trap.

It is not his post it is from facebook, various forums.

That being the case he should've made that clear when posting it. Especially at this time

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was going to say sorry for your loss [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] but if [MENTION=4573]Green Cross Code Man[/MENTION] is right then your post is absolutely shameful.

Mind you talking of Boris Johnson, I notice Raab described him as "a fighter". Seems a funny way to describe someone who hides in fridges to avoid questions, says no to an interview with Andrew Neil to avoid scrutiny, and worst of all gets women pregnant and refuses to recognise the child he consequently has with her. Maybe "fighter" is Raabish for "coward"? ???

The fact that he is in intensive care doesn't change what sort of person he is I'm afraid.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I was going to say sorry for your loss [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] but if [MENTION=4573]Green Cross Code Man[/MENTION] is right then your post is absolutely shameful.

Mind you talking of Boris Johnson, I notice Raab described him as "a fighter". Seems a funny way to describe someone who hides in fridges to avoid questions, says no to an interview with Andrew Neil to avoid scrutiny, and worst of all gets women pregnant and refuses to recognise the child he consequently has with her. Maybe "fighter" is Raabish for "coward"? ???

The fact that he is in intensive care doesn't change what sort of person he is I'm afraid.
I should of stated it was a post from someone else but thought it had some valid points in

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

I agree. Seems like all the reporters want is some new news they can create by trying to get someone to slip up and say something they didn’t mean or out of context. It really is tedious when they should be content that protocols are, as they always have been, in place for any eventuality.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Agreed. It is horrible language, assuming he pulls through then what about all the people losing loved ones to this? Are they not fighters?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here