Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your all time favourite UK number one single

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It is but you know NSC, you ask for a favourite and get a foolscap page of them :lolol:

I see you STILL couldn’t keep within the boundaries anyway :wink:

I apologise, but I just cannot possibly split those 2 as they're intrinsically linked. When I looked at the list of 90's No.1's first, they just instantly both jumped out at me together at the same time and all other songs and decades became irrelevant. They're the last hurrah of childhood (spent down the pub watching Euro 96) and the first of adulthood right together - I heard 'Wannabee' in the same pub on my 18th birthday, where '3 Lions' was played a few weeks earlier when I was drinking underage. In the words of Richard Paul Astley's 1988 No.2 pop classic they are, quite literally, 'together forever.'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mike D’abo lives 2 houses away from me.

Maybe you can check with him if a bit of pop trivia that has stuck with me from decades ago is true? The only pop musician, at the time, who had played in an Eton vs Harrow cricket match :smile:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Adamski/Seal - Killer.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
An atmospheric reworking of 1979's dystopian view of the future.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Mine would have been Grapevine by Marvin, but having seen Bruce so many times , this does for me, still sounds as fresh now as it did 44 years ago

[yt]v6O1AYUrVQs[/yt]

Misinterpreted the thread title, I thought it meant my all time No1 single, Born to Run didnt get to No1 in the charts, so another vote for "I heard it through the Grapevine"

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Genuinely impossible task so opting to thumbs up lots of suggestions including those that weren’t number ones like Born To Run.

No.1s like the Tams - Hey Girl Don’t Bother Me have the bonus of having Be Young Be Foolish Be Happy on the other side

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
As a kid there was only number 1 for me... Still my only vinyl i own

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here