Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I posted and then read this.

You are self centred prat of the highest order. Who is “them” exactly? If you lived with a nurse (as I do) you wouldn’t give a flying **** about anybody’s politics, you’d just want to support all the people in this country who are doing great things in this time of need.

My partner is a staunch Labour voter (as if that matters) and she was out giving it large to support all the staff on her ward who come in every day and risk the abuse they get. There is a fabulous team spirit in her hospital at the moment with everyone pulling together to do the very best they can at a time when they are needed more than ever.

Go and get a ****ing life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that the response from current and previous NHS staff just shows how so many go into their profession for a drive to do good and not what they can get from it.
NHS staff have been taken for granted for many years yet when it comes to a situation like this, they are there for the people.
Heroes all.

I also think the other people working in all essential services are worthy of respect which is rarely given in "normal" times.

Here in Malta we have some racist morons abusing Nurses working in our hospital who have come from Asia to provide care.
OK for a better wage than they can earn in their own country but we don't have enough trained personnel from within.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The two are very closely linked at the moment, though, especially for those currently working, or with loved ones currently working, on the front line. He said his wife has been on the front line for 3 weeks with no protection and working with very vulnerable people. I think he's entitled to his opinion, eh.

So has mine.

But a blame culture achieves nothing at the moment. There’ll be an inquest when this all over, but for now everyone needs to pull in the same direction.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
So has mine.

But a blame culture achieves nothing at the moment. There’ll be an inquest when this all over, but for now everyone needs to pull in the same direction.

Yeah, you're, right.
I just thought his reply was a bit harsh considering HH Brighton's wife's situation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Obvious that our NHS staff (my wife included) are being treated poorly as per usual. My wife in work for the last 3 weeks, no protection, no testing and she is working some of the countries most vunerable young adults. Absolutely horrific some of whats going on. We stood outside and clapped but anyone there is a huge stench of hypocracy in the air when looking down the road at these Tory voting tossers.Stay indoors if that was your vote, they don't need your support now, they needed when there was a election and a EU referendum.

Could you indicate who is allowed to clap please given your holier-than-though comments ? I'm a bit unclear now as I didn't vote ('none of the above' would have been my preferred choice). What are you, the ****ing clapping police ? Sounds like you need to move house as well........

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So has mine.

I think some posts just need to be let go. People are stressed. We shouldn’t be calling for bans for every post that mentions the Tory’s. Time for patience and empathy.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think some posts just need to be let go. People are stressed. We shouldn’t be calling for bans for every post that mentions the Tory’s. Time for patience and empathy.

..that though also applies to those chucking the mud dont you think? I wholeheartedly agree with that last sentence

Last edited:

There is clearly ambivalence over the "clap or not" issue, and some generally good arguments on both sides. Would it be an idea if those who do not wish to clap made (if able) a modest donation to a suitable charity on each "clapping day"? This would seem to be an appropriate one and it would be equally useful if those who clapped also donated.

https://www.nhscharitiestogether.co.uk/

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's going to be a round of applause for all the couriers and delivery drivers today

It'll be sometime between 9 & 5

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There's going to be a round of applause for all the couriers and delivery drivers today

It'll be sometime between 9 & 5

Are we all going to have to clap over the fence rather than at the door?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've heard all the reasons you shouldn't, some of which are quite valid.

But if one NHS worker, dustman, supermarket worker, or any other person who are taking risks for us appreciate it, then it should be done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here