Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who has got an unusual HOBBY?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That wasn't the reply I was expecting when I saw that you had posted on this thread.

I had to read-read that a few times...

Still think Banjo Toole is a port mag though.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I joined an orienteering group, but we weren't very good and it didn't take long before we all went our separate ways.

Then I joined an origami class, and that soon folded...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Conventional Hobbies: Music, Play Guitar, Play Drums, Running

Unusual: Keep 3 miniature goats, Restoring/running vintage Lambretta

What Lambretta do you have?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not unusual to me, but i've a garage now half-full of celebrity nappies. The prize pile of stardust ploppy pants comes in the form of 2 Elton Johns (stressful droppings prior to his bumhair transplant), a Nicholas Lyndhurst (long and thin, just like its poopertrator), a Liza Minelli (tagliatelliesque), and 3 Steve McFaddens (bulky but impotent and with no depth of character). In the post each fortnight i receive a new parcel from Russell Grant, often autographed, but i've started to dispose of those, usually aflame, as he seems to be obsessed with me - one of his thick and spicy sploshages was, he said, a loving pootrait of me and, horribly, it was quite accurate, capturing my general expression of unwanted disdain when all i really yearn for is a friend i can trust.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I collect Nintendo 64 games and accessories. It's interesting trying to find ones in decent condition that are CIB (Complete In Box) and the prices of some of the rarer games and accessories is mind-boggling.

Is that so? I’ve got an N64 CIB, 4 controllers, rumble packs, and about a dozen games.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Aside from following Brighton I do motorbike track days and I also do a bit of spear fishing, though in haven’t been out for quite a long time.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Do you know a chap called “Pugs” by any chance?

Indeed I do, works very hard for the club and a seriously quick racer. Different class of mower to me and he races all season whilst I just pussy around at the annual summer 12 hour race. How do you know him out of interest?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Aside from following Brighton I do motorbike track days and I also do a bit of spear fishing, though in haven’t been out for quite a long time.

Oooh! I've done a few boxing day enduro's. Bit like lawn mower racing though, at 61 I'm really just making up the numbers.Still love it though.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Indeed I do, works very hard for the club and a seriously quick racer. Different class of mower to me and he races all season whilst I just pussy around at the annual summer 12 hour race. How do you know him out of interest?

Thought you would. I’ve worked with Pugs for the last 7 years in Crawley, all round good guy. His mower racing has taken a back seat this year whilst he trains for some sort of Iron Man in Portugal, he’s seriously fit for a fat bloke :lol: .

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Have you looked inside the back cover - many of them have dates/initials from when they were serviced and by whom.

As the bishop said of the actress. Ooh er missus!

My strange hobby has to do with collecting clothes.
Moonshine, washing line.
Thanks for asking. They fit me fine.

(This is for you, HWT :rock:)

Flex Your Head

I love Brutalist and Modernist architecture, and taking pictures of it wherever I find it - no camera, just my phone. An awful lot of people hate it, but I'm vaguely obsessed with it, and there are some decent examples in Brighton.

I've had pictures used in The Guardian, the BBC and various other places, a feature on an architecture website, and help run a Facebook group with 85,000 members. I've also got an Instagram account where I post my snaps: https://www.instagram.com/murray_tiptop/?hl=en

Let me know if you've got any goodies in your area - always on the lookout for more.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My hobby is tracing my family tree. I have traced my Fathers paternal line back to before 1066 and tracked some relatives in Australia whose ancestor was sent there on a prison ship in 1807. Ideal hobby for lockdown times.

Bad news, Paternal line is unreliable, cuckoos in the nest.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I love Brutalist and Modernist architecture, and taking pictures of it wherever I find it - no camera, just my phone. An awful lot of people hate it, but I'm vaguely obsessed with it, and there are some decent examples in Brighton.

I've had pictures used in The Guardian, the BBC and various other places, a feature on an architecture website, and help run a Facebook group with 85,000 members. I've also got an Instagram account where I post my snaps: https://www.instagram.com/murray_tiptop/?hl=en

Let me know if you've got any goodies in your area - always on the lookout for more.

I see you have the thr’penny bit building in East Croydon.

Have you got “The Barrier” on Coldharbour Lane, Brixton? So called because it was built as a barrier (it’s a block of flats with the tiniest windows you’ll ever see on the “road” side) alongside what was going to be one of the three main ring roads originally planned around London in the 40’s (50’s? 60s?) that (obviously) never got built. Other starts were made for the roads too - there’s a building just off Trafalgar Square that’s offset to the existing road, but wouldn’t have been to the intended new road, and the bottom of the M11 is very weird - but it allowed room for an intersection with the new road. There’s loads of similar examples.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As the bishop said of the actress. Ooh er missus!

My strange hobby has to do with collecting clothes.
Moonshine, washing line.
Thanks for asking. They fit me fine.

(This is for you, HWT :rock:)

:lolol:

Best wishes to you from sunny Kent, and that isn't a typogtucal erhar. No indeed.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

I've had pictures used in The Guardian, the BBC and various other places, a feature on an architecture website, and help run a Facebook group with 85,000 members. I've also got an Instagram account where I post my snaps:
https://www.instagram.com/murray_tiptop/?hl=en

You haven't got the spiritualist church up Edward Street on your Instagram. And what about Brighton Law Courts, Hove Law Courts, St. Dunstan's and Hove Town Hall?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Have you seen the TV show Forged In Fire?

It wouldn't normally be my thing at all, but there is something fascinating about watching people's skill at turning random bits of metal into knives.

Some of the historic weapons they recreate in the final round are stunning pieces of art as well, aside from their functionality.

I think in todays climate turning anything into a knife is irresponsible and should be banned. We should be reducing the numbers of knives in this world, not increasing them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here