Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you Grow your Hair Out or Will You Do it Yourself?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My fukken clippers started shorting on me today. Mind you, if they do pack in mid cut its not as if I'm going anywhere to feel like a kunnt is it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs T and I jointly worked a wonder with my hair. I cut my own from 76-91, so it was deja vu all over again.

Yes, I now have the over 60s version of a Fun Boy Three :facepalm:

FBT.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Even 61 year old Terry Hall hasn't got one of those.

I have a decent head of hair. :wink:

Edit - just looked him up now, and my hair, now, is better than his, and I don't look so sad. Or overweight. But he has had a hard life.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
fake news? :down:

Indeed. Tried vaseline but it's a bugger to wash out. Shifted very quickly to a 'lower maintenance' rigmarole, but the girls I used to hang out with always took ages getting ready to go out :mad:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Mrs T and I jointly worked a wonder with my hair. I cut my own from 76-91, so it was deja vu all over again.

Yes, I now have the over 60s version of a Fun Boy Three :facepalm:

View attachment 121535

The Specials used to use my Chippy in Coventry when I was at the Lanchester Polytechnic in 1980. I can confirm that Terry Hall was a miserable *******. Mind you living in Coventry was enough to do that to anyone...

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The Specials used to use my Chippy in Coventry when I was at the Lanchester Polytechnic in 1980. I can confirm that Terry Hall was a miserable *******. Mind you living in Coventry was enough to do that to anyone...

I only found this out yesterday as a result of googling after [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] 's original post but an underlying reason for Terry Hall's generally sour demeanour was his kidnap at the age of 12 by a paedophile ring during a school trip in France which left him deeply traumatised, and he has lived with depression as a result. The lithium which he has been prescribed might also explain his weight gain.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-47088000

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I only found this out yesterday as a result of googling after [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] 's original post but an underlying reason for Terry Hall's generally sour demeanour was his kidnap at the age of 12 by a paedophile ring during a school trip in France which left him deeply traumatised, and he has lived with depression as a result. The lithium which he has been prescribed might also explain his weight gain.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-47088000

Indeed. As I said in post #87, he's had a hard life. That aside, that live ep they released is right up there with the best live music ever released, IMO.

As another aside, quite a few of the punk and post punk afficianados I had back in the day, not to mention quite a lot of the performers, had had hard lives. Creativity seems to spring disproportionately from adversity.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Indeed. As I said in post #87, he's had a hard life. That aside, that live ep they released is right up there with the best live music ever released, IMO.

As another aside, quite a few of the punk and post punk afficianados I had back in the day, not to mention quite a lot of the performers, had had hard lives. Creativity seems to spring disproportionately from adversity.

I highly recommend both of Brett Anderson's books (if you haven't already read them)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I highly recommend both of Brett Anderson's books (if you haven't already read them)

Thanks. I heard him interviewed a month or so ago, and was intrigued. Amazon is my friend :thumbsup:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
One of my colleagues bought some clippers. He usually has a number 2, so set it at 2. Only to find that this meant 2mm - and once he found that out it was too late!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here