Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Gardeners Question Time.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
You haven't seen round the corner!!!!
You can do it in stages I guess. I focused on the bit we could see and did the secret garden (the bit hidden down the end) last.

2 and 1/2 years of back breaking work snd we can finally enjoy it now!

although I have 47 pots I need to sell on marketplace!
20230610_111427.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can do it in stages I guess. I focused on the bit we could see and did the secret garden (the bit hidden down the end) last.

View attachment 162116
Despite my obvious expertise, I'm rather reluctant.

The plan for out of sight (out of mind) has always been to cop out.

Gonna throw that area over to insect friendly wild plants and flowers.
At the moment it's just livid.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Despite my obvious expertise, I'm rather reluctant.

The plan for out of sight (out of mind) has always been to cop out.

Gonna throw that area over to insect friendly wild plants and flowers.
At the moment it's just livid.
I've seen some stunning gardens that have taken the wild approach.

My ADHD has many strange manifestations one is to jump from one over ambitious project to the next. Gardening and my mental health issues seem to be a good (and healthy) match :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've seen some stunning gardens that have taken the wild approach.

My ADHD has many strange manifestations one is to jump from one over ambitious project to the next. Gardening and my mental health issues seem to be a good (and healthy) match :)
Mine is to think about one over ambitious project and then the next!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The musa is bigger than mine, mullered to ground level this year :(
In fact, the ensete is bigger, but I propped it over the winter so just have little ones....never can grow tetrapanax even though I've tried numerous times:shrug:
My Tetrapanax is in the front garden and full sun. I only noticed the other day, when it was too late, that due to the weather many of the leaves were curling up. I've been watering prodigiously since but will need to tidy up. I saw my neighbour digging up an errant runner over 20 feet away in his garden lol. I wanted to ask him for it, if it had roots but didn't know if he was annoyed with me...

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

View attachment 162116
hey Mr Croydon, that’s looking really, really nice. All lush and green.

If you’ve any terracotta pots, tall, say 30” and over and that has an opening big enough to sink a plant lining say bucket sized Im after one or two.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
The musa is bigger than mine, mullered to ground level this year :(
In fact, the ensete is bigger, but I propped it over the winter so just have little ones....never can grow tetrapanax even though I've tried numerous times:shrug:
I just used some rotary washing line covers with some fleece underneath and all survived. I have two tetrapanax, one in a pot which is what you can see in the photo, and another in the ground of which I lost about a foot but has since sprouted from 4 different points now.

Last edited:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Out of interest, why are you not convinced? To me it looks like Rex. I've looked at hundreds of the plants over the years and there is a definite difference in the length of the 'fingers'.
It may well be a rex but a lot of them are mis sold but you may well be right.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Looks like you've done all the unpleasant stuff now you can focus on cutting the borders out and the enjoyable stuff.

As much as I appreciate our established garden I'm always very envious of someone with a blank canvas, your possibilities are unless!

B2AD20B7-BDD0-4641-A26A-62CCB16DF606.jpeg

if you’d like a blank canvas then you’d love this - we haven’t even got any soil!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here