Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Gardeners Question Time.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
It's going to happen this week, one of my favourite flowering events in my garden......watch this space!

Your Furcraea is going to flower? I'm looking forwards to what ever it is, as much as I am to seeing Stat's Poppies in flower!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your Furcraea is going to flower? I'm looking forwards to what ever it is, as much as I am to seeing Stat's Poppies in flower!

Cheeky - I'm not that type of gardener.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I've not got much to work on, but I reckon it'll be on those plants with green leaves and red flowers.
If it is, you should become an honorary life-member of the RHS! :D

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Wow, it's like you've been in my garden!(no joke, quite accurate)
It's getting bigger and closer to the event, although the cooling weather might delay it

With Stat's help, I'm now plumping for your Clianthus puniceus "Rosea" flowering?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Has this thread contributed to the looming hosepipe ban?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
With Stat's help, I'm now plumping for your Clianthus puniceus "Rosea" flowering?

I have a glory pee again, it's now 2 inches high so not quite flowering size!
You won't sleep tonight, will you?:D
Ok, tomorrow I'll post a cryptic clue.....but I reckon this will drag on:whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I have a glory pee again, it's now 2 inches high so not quite flowering size!
You won't sleep tonight, will you?:D
Ok, tomorrow I'll post a cryptic clue.....but I reckon this will drag on:whistle:

Your Dracaena is about to flower?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Having a fondness for spicy foods and seeing as we were given a packet of chilli seeds a couple of years ago, in a lockdown moment they got sown into a small (15cm dia) pot and left to their own devices. Nothing happened for weeks but with this recent spell of hot weather we now have a dozen of the little tykes poking their heads up.

Clearly they will need splitting up but having only previously grown tomatoes, cucumbers and soft fruit have no idea how big chilli plants get and hence pot size?

And yes we threw away the seed packet which would have told us this...

Which also means we don't know how hot they will be if we do get any...

It's not Monty Don stuff here at Jakarta Towers! :lolol:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Having a fondness for spicy foods and seeing as we were given a packet of chilli seeds a couple of years ago, in a lockdown moment they got sown into a small (15cm dia) pot and left to their own devices. Nothing happened for weeks but with this recent spell of hot weather we now have a dozen of the little tykes poking their heads up.

Clearly they will need splitting up but having only previously grown tomatoes, cucumbers and soft fruit have no idea how big chilli plants get and hence pot size?

And yes we threw away the seed packet which would have told us this...

Which also means we don't know how hot they will be if we do get any...

It's not Monty Don stuff here at Jakarta Towers! :lolol:
There are lots of chilli experts on here but I'm not one of them. I am however aware of this thread. There's probably a more up to date one on here somewhere, but I've spent enough time finding this one!
https://www.northstandchat.com/show...to-and-Chilli-Growing-Thread&highlight=Tomato
Hopefully, unless someone can answer you specifically, there will be answers on the above thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here