Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20-30 tonight. Lockdown

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why not? Stops being taking the piss and parking like dickheads or parking where they shouldn't be.

With fewer cars moving around, there probably aren’t enough parking spaces in many places. However, not moving your car and not topping up the meter because you’ve been told to stay at home is surely a good defence to an excess charge.

As long as the car is registered to a local address, I think they shouldn’t be issuing any tickets unless blocking access for emergency vehicles.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Michael Gove on BBC Breakfast has just clarified this saying children under 18 can transfer from one parent to the other, taking proper precautions such as hand washing etc.

The problem being that Gove is a moron and that’s not very sensible advice. I’m not expecting to see either of my kids for a while and it’s actually led to more civil communication with my ex, so at least some positives might come out of this situation.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Hang on... First of all i am in a fairly built up area so going for a walk is a little more difficult for me, plus i haven't felt the need to go out yet.

I never called people divs for going for a run or walk. I was addressing the people who were going to pubs, packing out tubes, having parties...

Ah, OK. Fair enough!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I fear that this virus is merely just the little brother of future pandemics over the next few decades... i hope i am wrong.
Think you might be right, With an exploding population its only a matter of time before some berk does something unsanitary with another animal. These zoonotic viruses with a primary spread from animals to humans are going to cause another outbreak one day, that’s pretty much a given.

The way humans treat the world, nature, eachother... as the population increases, resources become depleted and we are living on top of eachtother through lack of land to population.

Yep, there are too many people globally already and as a species across the planet we are destroying an increasing amount of natural land to try and keep up with demand for produce and then we rip up farmland and habitats as well to try and keep up with our living space demand, thus causing lost farmland to be replaced by destroying more natural land. Even with a slightly reduced birth rate in developed countries the numbers will just keep on growing anyway, just at a slower pace It is simply not sustainable.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sometimes the leak is on the boundary box ( meter pit) on the exit side which is still the responsibility of the water company, so you might get away with it.
Have you got a drive where the main pipe will go up, cars driving over the main pipe will cause a leak.

It's all sorted. SEWater came this morning, dug a trench from the meter and found the leak about 14 inches away in the garden. It was sealed with new pipework, so I feel very relieved.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It's all sorted. SEWater came this morning, dug a trench from the meter and found the leak about 14 inches away in the garden. It was sealed with new pipework, so I feel very relieved.

Nice one :thumbsup:

Not sure if SEWater do an insurance for the cover of leaks on water mains and drains, I know Anglian Water do in our region, works out a couple of quid a month on your bills, but might be worth looking into or an insurance with Trace & Access cover. Not to worry you any further but when we have fixed mains, especially on lead and copper they quite often split or pinhole again a few months later at a different point. When a pipe is leaking it’s releasing the pressure , so once it’s fixed and back up to normal pressure it would work on another weak spot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nice one :thumbsup:

Not sure if SEWater do an insurance for the cover of leaks on water mains and drains, I know Anglian Water do in our region, works out a couple of quid a month on your bills, but might be worth looking into or an insurance with Trace & Access cover. Not to worry you any further but when we have fixed mains, especially on lead and copper they quite often split or pinhole again a few months later at a different point. When a pipe is leaking it’s releasing the pressure , so once it’s fixed and back up to normal pressure it would work on another weak spot.

SEWater told me it wouldn’t cost anything as they’re dealing with all leaks.

The pipe is plastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here