Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
true, I thought the guidelines were straight forward... some people want to make them confusing for there own benefit

They're not that confusing at all.

"Use some bloody common sense" covers about 90% of possible queries.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
really? takeway without the option to take away?

Yes I went into a MacDonald's in Hamburg early December 2019 and coffee was served in a ceramic mug and the cake I had with it was served on a plate with metal fork and much nicer than any thing we get in a MacDonalds in the UK.

Burgers and chips were served upstairs away from the coffee and cake section and again the only option was eat in

I have also witnessed the same process in Slovenia

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Less than 1,000 critical cases in Italy now.

Global Serious/Critical cases will drop below 47,000 in very near future, was over 50,000 a few days ago.

Daily global death toll now at around 4,000-5,000 and continuing to gradually fall, down from a high of 8,000-9,000 per day in mid April.

Last edited:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Less than 1,000 critical cases in Italy now.

Global Serious/Critical cases will drop below 47,000 in very near future, was over 50,000 a few days ago.

Daily global death toll now at around 4,000-5,000 and continuing to gradually fall, down from a high of 8,000-9,000 per day in mid April.

I noticed our critical list on Worldometer has been stuck on 1559 for days ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I noticed our critical list on Worldometer has been stuck on 1559 for days ?

Our Recovered is also stuck at 0, ha. We don't seem that bothered about updating such things, sadly.

Hope the Gov can find it's way to start giving recovered numbers soon, I think it would help people to feel a sense of progression out of the first wave.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Our Recovered is also stuck at 0, ha. We don't seem that bothered about updating such things, sadly.

Hope the Gov can find it's way to start giving recovered numbers soon, I think it would help people to feel a sense of progression out of the first wave.
Yes , ourselves & the Netherlands are the only contries no giving recoverd cases.As you say it'll be good to see those figures again.

D

Deleted member 2719

Even though every death is awful, it's good to see it going down to the two hundred's yesterday.

Over 100,000 test also.

On the right track, so now it's down to the public to stay alert and keep your 2metre + distance.

For business's re-starting, good luck and please take it easy or will be locking up shop again.

Come on Britain, well England at the moment, use your brains.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Even though every death is awful, it's good to see it going down to the two hundred's yesterday.

Over 100,000 test also.

On the right track, so now it's down to the public to stay alert and keep your 2metre + distance.

For business's re-starting, good luck and please take it easy or will be locking up shop again.

Come on Britain, well England at the moment, use your brains.

Absolutely. I’m hoping the social media muppets who seem confused are just doing it for political reasons and not because they don’t understand, we all have a responsibility, as we did during lockdown.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Absolutely. I’m hoping the social media muppets who seem confused are just doing it for political reasons and not because they don’t understand, we all have a responsibility, as we did during lockdown.

Plus some people just don’t want to go back to work. My sister in law has openly admitted loving this period, on 80% pay for doing nothing. Very keen that this carries on.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Plus some people just don’t want to go back to work. My sister in law has openly admitted loving this period, on 80% pay for doing nothing. Very keen that this carries on.

Apparently there is an important announcement regarding furlough tomorrow so will be interesting to find out what that is, but yeah that was always going to be a problem. I find it interesting how many people during lockdown said they wanted the government to trust us more and put a bit more faith in us to do the correct things, they have done that with these measures and of course, unlimited criticisms as usual.

The same problems are happening in Spain and Italy, a friend of mine who works in Malaga is in a position where he has still been receiving government income but now advisories are changing and more industries are looking to open, public have begun turning the screw on the government, the difficultly being people don’t seem to understand there is always going to be this less ‘clear cut’ period between full lockdown and normal life where things are up in the air a little bit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apparently there is an important announcement regarding furlough tomorrow so will be interesting to find out what that is, but yeah that was always going to be a problem. I find it interesting how many people during lockdown said they wanted the government to trust us more and put a bit more faith in us to do the correct things, they have done that with these measures and of course, unlimited criticisms as usual.

The same problems are happening in Spain and Italy, a friend of mine who works in Malaga is in a position where he has still been receiving government income but now advisories are changing and more industries are looking to open, public have begun turning the screw on the government, the difficultly being people don’t seem to understand there is always going to be this less ‘clear cut’ period between full lockdown and normal life where things are up in the air a little bit.

One of my siblings is a project manager. He was gutted when his role carried on throughout, initially WFH, then back at their (rural location, small office) HQ for a few weeks now. He had been hoping for 80% furlough and a few months of lay-ins.

I don’t blame people, it’s human nature. When this kicked off, it looked like most people might not be working for 6 months to a year, or ‘at most’ WFH.

Now just 6 weeks later, the 80% state subsidised; lay-ins, no commuting, quality time with family, chatting (from afar) with neighbours, bike rides and jogging .... are coming to a curtailed end, far earlier than pictured.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

No surely not ..its only us British that are like that...well least thats what Twitter has told me :)

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No surely not ..its only us British that are like that...well least thats what Twitter has told me :)

Its always the same. Brits who constantly make sweeping generalisations in slating the British public /the state of the nation etc clearly haven't any understanding of the fact that all countries have very similar problems as well as their own issues, be it in normal circumstances or in times like this. Truth is all countries have have had problems/unrest /similar % of people not respecting lockdown, etc during this time.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
They're not that confusing at all.

"Use some bloody common sense" covers about 90% of possible queries.

Yep. I'm no particular fan of Johnson and the Tories, but it's strange how it just seems to be staunch Labour voters who seem not to understand the message. Certainly with people on my social media circles anyway. The outrage against the new message etc has been embarrassing, and so obviously politically motivated.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently nobody has died in Faversham (fact).

Although I suspect that's largely because Droopy and Bushy don't know my address.

In seriousness, the olds round here are greatly cheered.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep. I'm no particular fan of Johnson and the Tories, but it's strange how it just seems to be staunch Labour voters who seem not to understand the message. Certainly with people on my social media circles anyway. The outrage against the new message etc has been embarrassing, and so obviously politically motivated.

You think that asking what 'use some common sense' means is politically motivated?

I would ask you, when were we told to use common sense to judge how to behave right now?

This is the good news thread so, good news, I'm off, leaving you deluded and yes, politically motivated weirdos to exchange bodily fluids using your best possible common sense :facepalm::wozza:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We’ve all - including me - derailed this thread again.

Easily done, but let’s get it back to what it’s about - good news related to Coronavirus.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here