Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
BSUH has 76 covid patients as of 8am today

6 Less than yesterday :)

Assume that is good news rather than bad news!?

I think he means it assumes the eight left through the front door.... I was thinking the same actually :)

But as it's the good news thread, I think we assume they did!

Whilst the other interpretation would indeed be very sad, there would still be some "silver lining" in that new patients are not replacing those poor souls, where as very recently more were replacing them at a rate far greater than those that left(by whatever means)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Assume that is good news rather than bad news!?

I only report the numbers. I have no idea of the nature of why they go down, fingers crossed obviously that its a good reason and they have gone home :)

But in general numbers still going down steadily is a good thing.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I've just had my jab invite! I'm 49 but just been diagnosed with angina in the last few weeks, so I suspect that's why.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
For the first time in the U.K., the deaths in 80+ have dropped below that of 0-79 age group, clear effect of the vaccine. Difficult to judge due to the infection>hospitalisation>mechanical ventilation>death time lag but this should continue nosediving now.

435CF983-9748-48F8-A0F4-5F0701B1E7E2.png

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
For the first time in the U.K., the deaths in 80+ have dropped below that of 0-79 age group, clear effect of the vaccine. Difficult to judge due to the infection>hospitalisation>mechanical ventilation>death time lag but this should continue nosediving now.

View attachment 133948

I believe this is what happened in Israel, the vaccinated group over 60 there I think) went below the non vaccinated group after a few weeks and then plummeted. I think the non vaccinated group still initially was increasing (certainly infections were-but I am not sure of the lockdown status Israel were in at the time)

Given that the over 80s had by far and away the largest number of fatalities here this is very good news

Add to this the news that over 80s are now more likely to have anti bodies than under, its becoming very apparent that the vaccines are now starring to have a bigger effect than the lockdown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56083905

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I have just had my invite for the Jab this Thursday...I am 56.

I do have CLL, but I am not on any medicine, just on "Watch and wait" twice yearly blood tests.

Or is it because I am fat fat man ?? A bit tubbly anyway

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Data update - basically not much to report other than positive trends continue :

Infections - 10,625, rolling 7 day down 27.8%
Deaths - 799, rolling 7 day down 25.6%
Admissions - 1,487, rolling 7 day down 25.4%
Patients in hospital - 21,001 (peak was almost 39,000)
Vaccinations - 276k - about the same as reported last Monday

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I know it has been scorned on here already but based on current rates, the online calculator suggests that as a 50yo with no major conditions, I will get my jab between 20/4 and 5/5. On course for the end of April aim.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I know it has been scorned on here already but based on current rates, the online calculator suggests that as a 50yo with no major conditions, I will get my jab between 20/4 and 5/5. On course for the end of April aim.

I’m older than you and think my jab will be later - because all those already vaccinated have got to have their 2nd jab. Think that might push us back a bit?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I’m older than you and think my jab will be later - because all those already vaccinated have got to have their 2nd jab. Think that might push us back a bit?

There are plans for 1 million doses a day in the coming months, also the man in charge of procuring our vaccine supply has been quoted as saying every adult COULD be fully vaccinated by August, intriguing words. Must be close to getting approval on the J&J vaccine?

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...t-says-head-of-uks-vaccine-taskforce-12220149

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1361718512352452610[/TWEET]

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

It was said when the target was reached for the first 4 groups the goal was a further 32 million by end of April. 17 million first doses plus the 15 million second doses

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
My 41 year old wife is having her jab on Sunday.

No underlying health issues, although she did recover from cancer about 4 years ago.

Bit surprised she has been contacted already.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
In Brighton and Hove, there were 240 new cases in the seven days to 10 February (82.5/100,000). This is the first time the rate per 100,000 people has fallen below 100 since early December following the November lockdown

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here