Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I did partially listen to an article on the radio earlier this week that suggested if crowds were to reappear in football stadiums on a reduced capacity basis it would be with face coverings

Now good news although not Covid ...Darkwolfs post copied across

“Remember that feeling when the final whistle went against Wigan, and we knew we were promoted (nearly)...

Well, today I had that feeling again.”

My wife has been given the all clear, her chemotherapy has killed off her cancer. For now!

She still has some residual tumour, to be removed by radiotherapy and has to undergo bi-monthly chemo sessions to hopefully stop the cancer from coming back...

We are realists, we know it will come back.

But today is a good day! A very good day...!

It’s brilliant news and puts anything football-related into perspective [emoji106]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yesterday’s numbers were wrong evidently, some kind of error with the PHE deaths. 148 death announced today and 800 new infections, much higher than Saturday last week but it appears PHE added their outside hospital deaths today rather than yesterday hence yesterday’s number was 100 less than last Friday. New infections slightly up which needs watching but there were 30000 more tests done than yesterday so that accounts for the difference.

No need for panic, don't buy the second wave headlines when they arrive as it’s totally false.

Last Friday & Saturday deaths combined - 203
This Friday & Saturday deaths combined - 196

Patients being admitted to hospital and on ventilators are both still down, the only point concern should increase is if we see these increasing

saulth

May 28, 2020
If this eventually works, it will be a huge game changer:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israe...zer-detector-for-covid-19-begins-early-tests/

An Israeli startup this week began tests with the goal of identifying the genetic fingerprint of the coronavirus and then determining if it can be detected by a simple and quick breath test, similar to breathalyzers used on suspected drunk drivers.

The firm, Scentech Medical, started the early stages of a trial for its so-called breath technology — a mix of software and hardware — together with the Meir Medical Center in Kfar Saba.

“It’s a breath test that’s really going to change the world of diagnostics in general, and the world of COVID-19 in particular,” Scentech’s Dr. Rom Eliaz told Channel 13 news.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
https://new.brighton-hove.gov.uk/covid-19-key-statistics-brighton-hove#

20200712_194031.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No new deaths in Scotland for fifth day in row

No new coronavirus deaths have been reported in Scotland for the fifth day in a row, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says.

She told the Scottish government's coronavirus briefing 2,490 patients have died after testing positive for Covid-19, which is no change on the figure from last Wednesday.

She said 18,365 people have tested positive for the virus in Scotland, up by six from 18,359 on Sunday. This follows 19 new cases on Sunday, of which 12 were in Glasgow.

Seven of these cases were asymptomatic and relate to one care home, which Sturgeon said is now being further looked into, with testing and precautions in place.

A total of 550 patients are in hospital with confirmed or suspected Covid-19, she added. Of these six were in intensive care, no change in the past 24 hours.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Capture.PNG

Todays figures are very low even for a weekend reporting period. This is the time we would start to see new infections following the pubs opening 8 days ago.Very encouraging IF they are accurate and do not have a massive catch up as they did Saturday

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
530 new infections is around the average for the last 7 days, I’m very surprised we haven’t seen a slight uptick of new infections or 111 COVID related calls given the pubs opened up 9 days ago now, well into the ‘incubation’ period of the virus. Intriguing.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
530 new infections is around the average for the last 7 days, I’m very surprised we haven’t seen a slight uptick of new infections or 111 COVID related calls given the pubs opened up 9 days ago now, well into the ‘incubation’ period of the virus. Intriguing.

There have been plenty of "event weekends" over the past couple of months, VE Day, Bank Holidays, Crowded Beaches, BLM Protests and now Pubs opening. After each one we all expected an increase in cases and calls to NHS111 and 119,and yet (so far) these haven't happened. The further away from the peak we get, the infection risk diminishes and the less likley a surge in infections is. It is starting to look more and more likely that community infections are now very low, and so the risk of being in contact with someone with the virus is reducing. At the current rate we should see a reduction of the alert level to two in about a month. Its all very positive, although only a fool would say its all over!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There have been plenty of "event weekends" over the past couple of months, VE Day, Bank Holidays, Crowded Beaches, BLM Protests and now Pubs opening. After each one we all expected an increase in cases and calls to NHS111 and 119,and yet (so far) these haven't happened. The further away from the peak we get, the infection risk diminishes and the less likley a surge in infections is. It is starting to look more and more likely that community infections are now very low, and so the risk of being in contact with someone with the virus is reducing. At the current rate we should see a reduction of the alert level to two in about a month. Its all very positive, although only a fool would say its all over!

Alert level two is “minimal social distancing”. I’m very intrigued as to what that entails. Wear masks in public places and no massive crowds but otherwise everything almost as normal?

Yoda

English & European
Alert level two is “minimal social distancing”. I’m very intrigued as to what that entails. Wear masks in public places and no massive crowds but otherwise everything almost as normal?

I thought it was "little or no social distancing required"?

Anyway, I hadn't updated my charts for a while so thought I'd see how each area of Sussex was doing now the figures include Pillar 2 as well as Pillar 1 tests by date.

First up, Adur:
Adur Daily.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was "little or no social distancing required"?

Anyway, I hadn't updated my charts for a while so thought I'd see how each area of Sussex was doing now the figures include Pillar 2 as well as Pillar 1 tests by date.

First up, Adur:
View attachment 126049

Might just be different wording of the same thing, sure I saw “minimal social distancing” on some Gov online document of alert levels.

Ah yes please, want to see the Arun one. Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here